The time to ban is now

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-08-2012, 08:58 AM
RE: The time to ban is now
(29-08-2012 08:51 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(29-08-2012 08:49 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  how do I constantly miss all this shit?

*jumps on the bandwagon*

Perhaps you're just smart enough to ignore it?

Consider doubtful, I normally flock to drama like ants to honey.

Quote:I'd have to venture a guess that it's the earmuffs.

[Image: I-See-What-You-Did-There-Cat.jpg]

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
29-08-2012, 09:39 AM
I stayed away from that crap, but - verbal abuse IS abuse.

There is a difference between two or more friends bantering and hurling well received "insults" and someone coming in and verbally abusing people he doesn't know at all.

And when it comes to newbies coming in and being called a "cunt" - HELLLLLOOOO??????

That's disgusting and should not be allowed.

Verbal abuse is most times MORE harmful than physical abuse.

Shame on you, TTA, for tolerating it to happen under your roof.

That person came here to play a game - how long does it take to get people to break their own rules and ban me? How can I conquer their so-called tolerance?

It's a sport for him and he doesn't care who gets trampled in the process and you guys stick to stupid rules despite all normal impulses.

What does that tell you about yourself?

You know darn well he'll be banned in the end, but what about all the dmage he does in the meantime? This is supposed to be a safe haven for atheist newbies?

End of rant

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
29-08-2012, 09:43 AM
And in rolls the common-sense, well said Dom.

Though.. if he's banned, where will we discuss different forms of cooking?

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
29-08-2012, 09:51 AM
(29-08-2012 05:38 AM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  Bishadi is obviously a troll account because they refuse to discuss science in an amicable manner. When someone disagrees with them (which is pretty much all of the time), they resort to childish name calling. Now they have crossed the line. They just called Hughsie's sister Hylonome, our newest member, a "cunt." Bishadi states in their introduction that they "could care less if [they] get banned," so we might as well do it.

Did he edit the cunt reference? I wanted to speak with him about it, but I don't see it.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
29-08-2012, 09:53 AM
(29-08-2012 09:51 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Did he edit the cunt reference? I wanted to speak with him about it, but I don't see it.

Yes, you'll notice that the edited post now just says "mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-08-2012, 10:02 AM
(29-08-2012 09:53 AM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  
(29-08-2012 09:51 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Did he edit the cunt reference? I wanted to speak with him about it, but I don't see it.

Yes, you'll notice that the edited post now just says "mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm."

Did anyone call him out on it? I'm wondering if there was a PM sent. I can't see him changing of his own accord.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
29-08-2012, 10:05 AM
(29-08-2012 10:02 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Did anyone call him out on it? I'm wondering if there was a PM sent. I can't see him changing of his own accord.

The post was edited about an hour after I created this thread. I'm assuming he just saw this and changed it to its current state.
29-08-2012, 10:10 AM
Cutting down and verbally abusing people should be worthy of being banned or at least suspended. Admins shouldn't allow harrassment and that is exactly what that is, in this case.

"You don't disappoint me.... I think your much braver than you may believe."
bemore

[+] 1 user Likes legendoflink's post
29-08-2012, 10:13 AM
(29-08-2012 10:05 AM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  
(29-08-2012 10:02 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Did anyone call him out on it? I'm wondering if there was a PM sent. I can't see him changing of his own accord.

The post was edited about an hour after I created this thread. I'm assuming he just saw this and changed it to its current state.

I guess we can't say "he doesn't have an ounce of sense." Consider

29-08-2012, 10:22 AM
Dom, you know I like you. But you plain and simple have it wrong. I don't know where you heard it, or whether you just assumed, but TTA forum is not a "safe haven" for atheists. There,s tons of forums out there that enforce rules of conduct, ban theists, and protect their own from "outsiders".

This is not one of them. The policing done here is by the community. That,s just the way it is here. I understand that this method of running a forum may not be for everyone, but saying the forum is something that it isn't won't make it so.

We do not ban people for being assholes. The sooner everyone gets that, the sooner we can stop having these threads.

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post