The time to ban is now

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-08-2012, 10:25 AM
RE: The time to ban is now
Pffffftttt!

So he deleted it post haste. So what? Lots of people saw it. The damage to the newbie is done.

Just send him to confession and he can happily continue on his path.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-08-2012, 10:31 AM
(29-08-2012 10:22 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Dom, you know I like you. But you plain and simple have it wrong. I don't know where you heard it, or whether you just assumed, but TTA forum is not a "safe haven" for atheists. There,s tons of forums out there that enforce rules of conduct, ban theists, and protect their own from "outsiders".

This is not one of them. The policing done here is by the community. That,s just the way it is here. I understand that this method of running a forum may not be for everyone, but saying the forum is something that it isn't won't make it so.

We do not ban people for being assholes. The sooner everyone gets that, the sooner we can stop having these threads.

A well regulated post being necessary to the security of a free forum, the right of the members to keep and bear insults shall not be infringed.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
29-08-2012, 10:35 AM
(29-08-2012 10:31 AM)Chas Wrote:  A well regulated post being necessary to the security of a free forum, the right of the members to keep and bear insults shall not be infringed.
You ain't gonna take away my Second Ammendment, Stark! Angry

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
29-08-2012, 10:36 AM
Isn't that the right to bear arms?

Is this place still a shithole run by a dumbass calvinist?
29-08-2012, 10:39 AM
I would be taking away your freedom if I demanded you follow a certain etiquette. If that etiquette is something you consider to be more valuable than freedom to say what you like, then that's cool. Like I said, there are plenty of forums like that.

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]
29-08-2012, 10:42 AM
http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl=en&...x=48&ty=47

29-08-2012, 10:42 AM
(29-08-2012 10:39 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I would be taking away your freedom if I demanded you follow a certain etiquette. If that etiquette is something you consider to be more valuable than freedom to say what you like, then that's cool. Like I said, there are plenty of forums like that.

My post was in support of your position.Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-08-2012, 10:43 AM
(29-08-2012 10:22 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Dom, you know I like you. But you plain and simple have it wrong. I don't know where you heard it, or whether you just assumed, but TTA forum is not a "safe haven" for atheists. There,s tons of forums out there that enforce rules of conduct, ban theists, and protect their own from "outsiders".

This is not one of them. The policing done here is by the community. That,s just the way it is here. I understand that this method of running a forum may not be for everyone, but saying the forum is something that it isn't won't make it so.

We do not ban people for being assholes. The sooner everyone gets that, the sooner we can stop having these threads.

Well, I am a part of the community and I say that subjecting newbies to verbal abuse is counterproductive and makes TTA not a safe haven for newbies.

I have no say over the policies so don't say they represent me.

You all know I love TTA for many reasons and I am not going anywhere, but I am damn well going to speak up when something is hurting new atheists. We want them to feel that they have arrived at a place that understands where they are coming from, not a place of verbal abuse.

Simple as that.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
29-08-2012, 10:44 AM
I just hate it when threads derail and there are dozen pages of utter nonsense. Especially when it is a science thread. No room for shite in science threads.

29-08-2012, 10:44 AM
(29-08-2012 10:36 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Isn't that the right to bear arms?

Isn't he from Germany?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Should there be a time limit for threads. Metazoa Zeke 21 219 23-05-2014 08:42 PM
Last Post: Metazoa Zeke
Rainbow Forum Time Relativity. :) LadyJane 8 171 30-12-2013 10:09 AM
Last Post: Crulax
  Ridiculous post time-limit? pppgggr 1 254 04-02-2013 11:23 PM
Last Post: Buddy Christ
  Can't fix my time zone? Percepticon 2 221 08-12-2012 06:53 PM
Last Post: Mr Woof
  Time stamp test post kingschosen 21 657 26-11-2012 04:51 PM
Last Post: Dom
  Time, the final frontier Filox 3 187 22-11-2012 12:44 AM
Last Post: Filox
  TTA time capsule. bemore 40 1,023 07-09-2012 07:01 AM