The toys are so evil!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-01-2012, 09:32 AM
The toys are so evil!
So I was listening to TTA podcast and one of the callers referenced an old documentary that shows how all the toys of the 80's are evil.

I actually had a lot of fun with it but it also disturbed me because I kind of felt my old Christian mindset creeping around in the back of my mind going "evilllll" hehe.

Enjoy.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-01-2012, 12:21 PM
RE: The toys are so evil!
(26-01-2012 09:32 AM)Godless Wrote:  I actually had a lot of fun with it but it also disturbed me because I kind of felt my old Christian mindset creeping around in the back of my mind going "evilllll" hehe.

Enjoy.

Indoctrination is/was a very POWERFUL tool.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-01-2012, 12:27 PM

Well, i always felt like Scrappy Doo was the devil.

And whats with Vincent Price on Scooby Doo? Was this his "Bela Legosi/Ed Wood" phase?

My wife brought something to my attention that seems OBVIOUS now......but 41 of my years it was not. As a teen i caught the Pot smoking references...but the BIGGEST hint of it all (again, just realized this) was....

scoobie DOOBIE DOOBIE do!!!!

Yeah, right there in front of you!

Everyone else probably caught that years ago.........

D
Also, did that FroHeaded Doofus just call Stonehenge an Occulting symbol?

Truth is NO ONE knows WTF stonehenge is........

But that did not stop the religious in the 1980's from making shit up!

D
Quote this message in a reply
26-01-2012, 01:25 PM
Wow the production on that clip is just fantastic ha!
80% cartoons have to do with the occult. hmmmmm

All to program children. haha....

Even though my parents are Christian, they were never nutty enough to think toys, cartoons and ect were evil.

"If you believe that the world is going to come to an end - and perhaps any day now - does it not drain one's motivation to improve life on earth while we're here?" - Bill Maher
26-01-2012, 01:45 PM

(26-01-2012 01:25 PM)UrbanAtheistHippie Wrote:  Wow the production on that clip is just fantastic ha!
80% cartoons have to do with the occult. hmmmmm

All to program children. haha....

Even though my parents are Christian, they were never nutty enough to think toys, cartoons and ect were evil.

I was a teen in the 1980's and i can remember the BIG push to keep kids from star wars. As Luke is an obvious Jesus and the force and the dark side.......and...and..

AHH!! Just pure George W Bush FEARMONGERING horshit it was!

D
26-01-2012, 01:51 PM
I'm listening to the podcast right now, as his new schedule sucks for me.
But anyways it got me clicking around on the old internets, curious as to what the justification for Harry Potter being evil could be all the while assuming it was the magic aspect and the fact that Rowling is not an outspoken christian.
What did I find? Pretty much the magic thing. Of course most Christians are cool with magic so long as a Christian is telling the story. Somehow that makes it all innocent.

I also read this passage from Deuteronomy thanks in part to this website: Evil Potter
And it made me think how brutally hypocritical it is.

“There shall not be found among you anyone who …practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. For all who do these things are an abomination to the LORD, and because of these abominations the LORD your God drives them out from before you. You shall be blameless before the LORD your God. For these nations which you will dispossess listened to soothsayers and diviners; but as for you, the LORD your God has not appointed such for you.”
Deut. 18:10-14

Lazarus anyone?

Like c'mon. Narnia is the bible, Lord of the rings is not, but has similar events (though much cooler), and Jesus is Harry Potter. Fucking Christians.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
26-01-2012, 02:02 PM

(26-01-2012 01:51 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I'm listening to the podcast right now, as his new schedule sucks for me.
But anyways it got me clicking around on the old internets, curious as to what the justification for Harry Potter being evil could be all the while assuming it was the magic aspect and the fact that Rowling is not an outspoken christian.
What did I find? Pretty much the magic thing. Of course most Christians are cool with magic so long as a Christian is telling the story. Somehow that makes it all innocent.

I also read this passage from Deuteronomy thanks in part to this website: Evil Potter
And it made me think how brutally hypocritical it is.

“There shall not be found among you anyone who …practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. For all who do these things are an abomination to the LORD, and because of these abominations the LORD your God drives them out from before you. You shall be blameless before the LORD your God. For these nations which you will dispossess listened to soothsayers and diviners; but as for you, the LORD your God has not appointed such for you.”
Deut. 18:10-14

Lazarus anyone?

Like c'mon. Narnia is the bible, Lord of the rings is not, but has similar events (though much cooler), and Jesus is Harry Potter. Fucking Christians.

Back in the 1980's there was a huge push to Boycott disney...not for the gay thing, nope! But for Fantasia, as Micky was the Scorceres Apprentice. Its ALL they could talk about. I recall leaders pushing for folks to write letters, cancel vacation plans there...you name it.

What a joke!
D
26-01-2012, 02:11 PM
I was a baby then. But to be fair that movie is pretty messed up. I used to do some stuff and then watch it. Good times. m-i-c-k-e-y m-o-u-s-e !

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
27-01-2012, 02:59 AM
Back in the early 1980's my ex-wife and I played D&D with a group of other adults from the SCA.

One evening I was watching cable and this guy, Gary Greenwald, from the Eagle Nest came on (either at the time PTL or public access, don't remeber exactly) and starts having a hissy fit on D&D. I just had to record it and through a VHS tape in and got about 20 min of the stuff. I showed it to my (then) wife and we both got a good laugh out of it and the we showed it to our D&D frineds. We all lampooned the show just like MSFT3K.

I have the tape around here somewhere.

Later,
ElectEngr
27-01-2012, 10:28 AM

(27-01-2012 02:59 AM)ElectEngr Wrote:  Back in the early 1980's my ex-wife and I played D&D with a group of other adults from the SCA.

One evening I was watching cable and this guy, Gary Greenwald, from the Eagle Nest came on (either at the time PTL or public access, don't remeber exactly) and starts having a hissy fit on D&D. I just had to record it and through a VHS tape in and got about 20 min of the stuff. I showed it to my (then) wife and we both got a good laugh out of it and the we showed it to our D&D frineds. We all lampooned the show just like MSFT3K.

I have the tape around here somewhere.

Later,
ElectEngr

Oh My! D&D in the 80's was a very easy target for the Moral Majority!
As a christian playing D&D i can recall the overwhelming feelings of guilt and later deep prayer begging for forgivness. Then the next weekend doing it all over again.

D
[+] 1 user Likes Denicio's post