The trouble with skepticism....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-09-2013, 05:23 PM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2013 05:26 PM by Dark Light.)
RE: The trouble with skepticism....
(12-09-2013 05:10 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  So how exactly are we supposed to see things as they are, rather than how we see them as our subjective selves? Being that the only way we can view things is through the lense of self.

I can't answer for absols. But, in fairness, he can't either. I think the important thing is to try and understand the issue from as many perspectives as you can.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
12-09-2013, 05:24 PM
There is no trouble with skepticism. None whatsoever. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-09-2013, 05:41 PM
(12-09-2013 05:23 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(12-09-2013 05:10 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  So how exactly are we supposed to see things as they are, rather than how we see them as our subjective selves? Being that the only way we can view things is through the lense of self.

I can't answer for absols. But, in fairness, he can't either. I think the important thing is to try and understand the issue from as many perspectives as you can.

Yeah, I'm not really sure what's going on in that conversation. I'm just throwing shit out there to see if I'm actually making sense of what she's trying to say. Undecided

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
12-09-2013, 05:42 PM
(12-09-2013 05:24 PM)Chas Wrote:  There is no trouble with skepticism. None whatsoever. Drinking Beverage

Chas, you big, terse lug. The thread title is rhetorical. Go take a nap....

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
12-09-2013, 06:06 PM
(12-09-2013 05:24 PM)Chas Wrote:  There is no trouble with skepticism. None whatsoever. Drinking Beverage

So you say, but I'm skeptical. Drinking Beverage

12-09-2013, 06:36 PM
(12-09-2013 06:06 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  

So you say, but I'm skeptical. Drinking Beverage

So you say. Consider

12-09-2013, 07:07 PM
(12-09-2013 06:36 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-09-2013 06:06 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  So you say, but I'm skeptical. Drinking Beverage

So you say. Consider

You might be me. Now there's a scary thought. Even worse, we might be you! Ohmy

13-09-2013, 06:08 AM

by simply reducing urself to what u consciously is about meaning or enjoying doing

trying to extract that self from all, by minimum support to that realisation in mind

u cant b what everyone look like, nor what everyone get to b happy about, but definitely u cant b what u didnt do

and if urself is what u really look like as others then it would b confirmed in consciously realizing it alone

it is like a baby that cant walk, urself conscious u must give it some legs to walk alone, im talking too fast but we are at the end so all is too late anyways

then really you would see how truths exist as not u, how objective would come to u meaning some relation on conscious base of existence fact
so how else exist so existence is

then it becomes easy bc u would see always smthg without doing any as u had a relation with objective existence really, so u can b without being as it would b always there the else, u dont have to mean anything for things to b
13-09-2013, 06:54 AM
(12-09-2013 07:07 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  You might be me. Now there's a scary thought. Even worse, we might be you! Ohmy

that what show the evil u r and ur possessions end

never, bc existence is true so any individual conscious objective sight become self existence presence, the relation with objective sights on the base of sameness in truths realities

bc existence is true, then it is fully objective absolute ends, then any relative presence is always a self freedom out of all

the more the self realize himself objectively the more it would become true freedom so absolute confirmation that it cant b related to any other presence

that insistence to take advantage from anything and any thought even, is the reason of all being that evil ends, any forcing the destruction of else to pretend being the positive it looks like instead, even for things

while that confusion cant b possible with things, so religions look like invented to suit that goal

anything clearly seen happening independantly of oneself is clearly that thing space life, and cant b a self subjective sight about things
13-09-2013, 07:18 AM
(13-09-2013 06:54 AM)absols Wrote:  
(12-09-2013 07:07 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  You might be me. Now there's a scary thought. Even worse, we might be you! Ohmy

that what show the evil u r and ur possessions end

never, bc existence is true so any individual conscious objective sight become self existence presence, the relation with objective sights on the base of sameness in truths realities

bc existence is true, then it is fully objective absolute ends, then any relative presence is always a self freedom out of all

the more the self realize himself objectively the more it would become true freedom so absolute confirmation that it cant b related to any other presence

that insistence to take advantage from anything and any thought even, is the reason of all being that evil ends, any forcing the destruction of else to pretend being the positive it looks like instead, even for things

while that confusion cant b possible with things, so religions look like invented to suit that goal

anything clearly seen happening independantly of oneself is clearly that thing space life, and cant b a self subjective sight about things

The body of mind jumps both ways and a classical composition loves to love.

Utter nonsense could please even the most demanding of followers.

Abstraction tests the thesis that your theorem would unleash, but
a principal idea stands upon somebody else's legs.

Organisational culture is always the second best, while an enigma is still not very coherent.

A small mercy is good for you.