The typical perception argument.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-10-2014, 01:33 PM
RE: The typical perception argument.
(29-10-2014 01:01 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(29-10-2014 12:47 PM)Ace Wrote:  kill the disbelievers means kill the disbelievers
stoning to death disobedient kids means stoning to death disobedient kids

its pretty black and white, I don't see how you can interpret that any differently in anyway..................... unless you are willfully intellectually dishonest which is always the case when these arguments crop up

Who are "disbelievers", though? Atheists only? All non-Muslims? Or even the wrong kind of Muslim (like Sunni vs. Shiite)? There is always room for interpretation. There are plenty of examples of Sunni and Shiite killing each other over their differences, and at the other extreme, Muslims being tolerant of Christians and Jews (because they are "people of the book") -- and probably using the Koran as justification for either extreme.

I will admit that "kill" is unambiguous. The rest of it, not so much.

from what I understand, it can mean disbelievers are anyone who don't share the exact version/interpretation of the self proclaimed prophets of the all loving divine creator........... which is the case when looking at extremists

its pretty ambiguous which the problem since anyone can come up with their own versions and use it to justify anything if you play with the words enough times
which pretty much says kill people who fall into your own definition of the word

also the people who wrote the damn bible seemed to have an obsession with the words 'teeth' and 'gnashing' *shudder*
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-10-2014, 04:01 PM
Facepalm

No the typical "I'm in denial" argument basically. That's all it is. Since I want to distance myself from terrible people who do terrible things whom subscribe to the same ideology as I do AND hang onto my faith at all costs I will simply state that they do not know the facts of my religion as I know them. Oh and of course I know better than they do. Blah blah blah.

They're in denial of the fact that they are completely aware of the controversial texts contained within their shitty archaic illogical belief and how easily it can be misconstrued with devastating results. Funny how other religions, even when practiced to the extreme, do not yield the same results. If you don't want to live in denial regarding the controversy surrounding your faith then find a less controversial one regarding peace, love, and happiness.
30-10-2014, 12:01 PM
(29-10-2014 04:01 PM)dirtstar Wrote:  Facepalm

No the typical "I'm in denial" argument basically. That's all it is. Since I want to distance myself from terrible people who do terrible things whom subscribe to the same ideology as I do AND hang onto my faith at all costs I will simply state that they do not know the facts of my religion as I know them. Oh and of course I know better than they do. Blah blah blah.

They're in denial of the fact that they are completely aware of the controversial texts contained within their shitty archaic illogical belief and how easily it can be misconstrued with devastating results. Funny how other religions, even when practiced to the extreme, do not yield the same results. If you don't want to live in denial regarding the controversy surrounding your faith then find a less controversial one regarding peace, love, and happiness.

That's why I'm grateful I can "practice to the extreme" Christian love, generosity, kindness, chastity, tolerance, sustainability, diversity, liberation, etc.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-10-2014, 12:10 PM
(30-10-2014 12:01 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(29-10-2014 04:01 PM)dirtstar Wrote:  Facepalm

That's why I'm grateful I can "practice to the extreme" Christian love, generosity, kindness, chastity, tolerance, sustainability, diversity, liberation, etc.

Those are good parts to cherry pick from the bible. I'm glad you used your own moral judgement to differentiate between the good parts of the bible and the bad parts, otherwise we would still kill witches, homosexuals, people working on the Sabbath, etc.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
30-10-2014, 12:54 PM
(30-10-2014 12:10 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  [quote='The Q Continuum' pid='675115' dateline='1414692094']
people working on the Sabbath, etc.

for picking up sticks no less Facepalm

also jebus turned water into alcohol yet curses a fig tree for not having any figs for him to eat Dodgy

couldn't he just turn the mud into sandwiches ? Drinking Beverage
[+] 1 user Likes Ace's post
31-10-2014, 10:06 AM
(30-10-2014 12:10 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(30-10-2014 12:01 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  That's why I'm grateful I can "practice to the extreme" Christian love, generosity, kindness, chastity, tolerance, sustainability, diversity, liberation, etc.

Those are good parts to cherry pick from the bible. I'm glad you used your own moral judgement to differentiate between the good parts of the bible and the bad parts, otherwise we would still kill witches, homosexuals, people working on the Sabbath, etc.

There are direct commands given to Christians. Only the uninformed would accuse Christians IN THE BIBLE of genocide, capital punishment, etc. They did not have a theocratic government like Israel.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-11-2014, 05:08 PM
Thank you all for contributing, it's been an interesting read. I still hold the same opinion that Islam is evil and muslims are the first victims of Islamic ideology.

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.