The unfiltered story of Thanksgiving.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-11-2014, 10:35 PM
The unfiltered story of Thanksgiving.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/richard-sc...05181.html

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-11-2014, 09:13 AM
RE: The unfiltered story of Thanksgiving.
He definitely lost me at the end there.. as if other holidays aren't as strong by just attributing another meaning to them, but actually caring about the story as reality over a legend. It's the way Christmas is celebrated by flocks of people who don't believe the story.

I guess he's going to ignore that though looking at his article history, he has multiple articles about people not being real Christians or thinking people shouldn't say people don't good for purely religious reasons.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
14-11-2014, 10:01 AM
Quote:In the Native version, on the other hand, the appearance of the Pilgrims on American shores marks the beginning of the end.

[Image: Indians-Pilgrims.jpg]

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 4 users Like Minimalist's post
14-11-2014, 10:38 AM
One year we were visiting my fundie inlaws for Thanksgiving. She had given my young kids a craft to work on. They started it, my husband and I and his college aged niece were helping and MIL started telling the kids some crazy Thanksgiving story about how the Native Americans were so happy the Pilgrims arrived and on and on. It had some fundie slant to it. I was only half paying attention because I was helping my daughter but I just burst out laughing because it was friggin ridiculous. I thought she was trying to make a joke. Smile She wasnt. She slammed down whatever was in her hand and stormed off. At that point niece was laughing and my husband was just shaking his head.

oh well, better luck next year. Smile

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 3 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
14-11-2014, 11:01 AM
Re: RE: The unfiltered story of Thanksgiving.
(14-11-2014 10:38 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  One year we were visiting my fundie inlaws for Thanksgiving. She had given my young kids a craft to work on. They started it, my husband and I and his college aged niece were helping and MIL started telling the kids some crazy Thanksgiving story about how the Native Americans were so happy the Pilgrims arrived and on and on. It had some fundie slant to it. I was only half paying attention because I was helping my daughter but I just burst out laughing because it was friggin ridiculous. I thought she was trying to make a joke. Smile She wasnt. She slammed down whatever was in her hand and stormed off. At that point niece was laughing and my husband was just shaking his head.

oh well, better luck next year. Smile

I guess you stopped her before she got to the point of it being a Christian holiday.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
14-11-2014, 05:19 PM
Pfffffft. Next you're going to tell me that George Washington didn't chop down that cherry tree.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
14-11-2014, 05:37 PM
(14-11-2014 05:19 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Pfffffft. Next you're going to tell me that George Washington didn't chop down that cherry tree.

Laugh out load yeah.... About that.. Unsure No

Tongue

Edit: Actually, I was going to tell you that Napoleon wasn't really short Shy

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
14-11-2014, 06:03 PM
And Vikings did not wear horned helmets.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
14-11-2014, 10:05 PM
I thought Jesus murdered a turkey and watched football with the Indians thus ending the 30 years war between America and Canada. I know it was something like that...

[+] 2 users Like Dark Light's post
14-11-2014, 10:07 PM (This post was last modified: 14-11-2014 10:10 PM by Smercury44.)
(14-11-2014 10:05 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  I thought Jesus murdered a turkey and watched football with the Indians thus ending the 30 years war between America and Canada. I know it was something like that...

You're close. The Canadians apologized for retaliating against America's aggression, and then jesus murdered the turkey for us to share. That's what ended the war. We all just watched football to celebrate Yes

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta