The united states of amnesia and the manufacturing of dissent.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-11-2012, 01:23 PM
One of my favorite fudge packers Gore Vidal used to call the U.S. The United States of Amnesia.
He was referring to how the government can use the same lie over several generations because most americans don't know and don't care about history to even recognize a same lie or same bullshit that happened before.

In the 50's in Guatemala Jacobo Arbenz was popularly elected and was a communist. So of course the U.S. shit a brick then devised ways to get him out of office. The U.S. plan to get Arbenz out of office was to orchestrate a protest, this protest would then be broadcast to the west, the west would perceive the protest as an authentic spontaneous uprising. Behind this orchestrated protest the U.S. had special forces overthrow Arbenz and install a good lil dictator that would do what the U.S. wanted.

This same strategy was attempted in Chile in the 70's when Salvador Alliende, A communist was elected popularly by the people. The orchestrated protests was an attempt to shut the economy down, even american labor unions helped get labor unons in Chile to go on strike. This orchestrated protest was the cover for a U.S. led coup to install another torturing mass murdering dictator that was loved by the U.S.

In Nicaragua once again the communists were very popular, the U.S. shits more bricks and attempts the same thing, however it doesn't work out as well so the U.S. trains a guerilla group that is designed to scare the population into submission, they did this by random murder, kidnapping and all that good uncle sam stuff.

So in 2011 uprisings take place in Syria and Libya and of course in the age of 24 hour news, the U.S. population just creams all over their panties and other peoples panties because it was "spontaneous and it's about freedom". Now it is obviously clear that the operations in Libya and Syria were planned and were western sponsored and led events and they are using the same methods as used in latin america decades before.

But then again, most americans don't know that these methods were used before because well.....Kim Kardashian is hot and I would tap that ass, and she has a great reality show.

Drinking Beverage
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2012, 08:49 PM
RE: The united states of amnesia and the manufacturing of dissent.
what's your point?

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
04-11-2012, 09:27 PM
I've finally discovered why your posts always seem so silly. It's not because you bring up radical ideas. It's that you seem surprised by the information that you share. I don't know anyone who doesn't know the US has an intelligence community that puts our foreign policy into play. You're like talking to someone who just recently learned the Bay of Pigs was a CIA sponsored fiasco.

Was the Arab Spring supported by the West? Of course it was. It would be nice to return to the Isolationism of the 1930s, but governments rarely go backwards in time. The US will continue to protect its interests, as will China, as will Russia, as will any nation big enough to protect it's interests.

So that returns us to Earmuffs poignant response: What's your point?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 4 users Like Erxomai's post
04-11-2012, 09:33 PM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2012 11:27 PM by Mr Woof.)
(04-11-2012 01:23 PM)I and I Wrote:  One of my favorite fudge packers Gore Vidal used to call the U.S. The United States of Amnesia.
He was referring to how the government can use the same lie over several generations because most americans don't know and don't care about history to even recognize a same lie or same bullshit that happened before.

In the 50's in Guatemala Jacobo Arbenz was popularly elected and was a communist. So of course the U.S. shit a brick then devised ways to get him out of office. The U.S. plan to get Arbenz out of office was to orchestrate a protest, this protest would then be broadcast to the west, the west would perceive the protest as an authentic spontaneous uprising. Behind this orchestrated protest the U.S. had special forces overthrow Arbenz and install a good lil dictator that would do what the U.S. wanted.

This same strategy was attempted in Chile in the 70's when Salvador Alliende, A communist was elected popularly by the people. The orchestrated protests was an attempt to shut the economy down, even american labor unions helped get labor unons in Chile to go on strike. This orchestrated protest was the cover for a U.S. led coup to install another torturing mass murdering dictator that was loved by the U.S.

In Nicaragua once again the communists were very popular, the U.S. shits more bricks and attempts the same thing, however it doesn't work out as well so the U.S. trains a guerilla group that is designed to scare the population into submission, they did this by random murder, kidnapping and all that good uncle sam stuff.

So in 2011 uprisings take place in Syria and Libya and of course in the age of 24 hour news, the U.S. population just creams all over their panties and other peoples panties because it was "spontaneous and it's about freedom". Now it is obviously clear that the operations in Libya and Syria were planned and were western sponsored and led events and they are using the same methods as used in latin america decades before.

But then again, most americans don't know that these methods were used before because well.....Kim Kardashian is hot and I would tap that ass, and she has a great reality show.

Drinking Beverage

I see where you are coming from in terms of the subtleties of power brokers to manipulate the minds of the masses to beleve that the prevailing ideology entails what is best for humanity. This occurs in all ideologies to varying extents. Where it is assumed that a governing party is 'reasonable' then issues such as a strong economy, defence, civil disobedience etc may run rough shot over needs that do not fit well within the over riding system.

While a dictatorship cannot be recommended,economic freedoms (so called) may reflect little concern for the masses who, in some instances,are blamed for all of their short comings even where these are encouraged by some of the more gross aspects inherent witin the ruling ethic. Examples may be problem gambling, alcoholism, crime, and marriage break down.

I am not suggesting that capitalism is a bad system;rather that a laisez faire system that fobs off serious social problems arguably tends to provide a trickle down system of benefits to the so called lazy, some of whom certainly are,when major causal factors of social alienation could be better addressed by more emphasis on the undepinning infrastructure.This,of course,is a very difficult and largely unpopular area in human living where the Church has often bee seen to take the high moral ground.

Where any ideologie becomes too locked into its power to expand and accumulate wealth, without some references to non core issues,or even directly opposing views then it essential strength may suffer despite attempts to sanitize rather than improve issues
04-11-2012, 09:47 PM
(04-11-2012 09:27 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I've finally discovered why your posts always seem so silly. It's not because you bring up radical ideas. It's that you seem surprised by the information that you share. I don't know anyone who doesn't know the US has an intelligence community that puts our foreign policy into play. You're like talking to someone who just recently learned the Bay of Pigs was a CIA sponsored fiasco.

Was the Arab Spring supported by the West? Of course it was. It would be nice to return to the Isolationism of the 1930s, but governments rarely go backwards in time. The US will continue to protect its interests, as will China, as will Russia, as will any nation big enough to protect it's interests.

I am not surprised, I am stating that most americans don't know or don't care about the things I mentioned in the op.

There are people on this forum that didn't know or don't believe that the U.S. ever supported alqaeda (even when they were fighting the Soviet Union). I thought that was common knowledge.
04-11-2012, 10:36 PM
Yeah, they don't care. Because they have more important and/or interesting things to do, like hold down a job. Or find a job. You know, so they can keep a roof over their head and eat. Or sleep with their lover, or find a lover, or fuck random strangers. Or play video games. Or read books. Or argue on the internet.

Not everyone's lives are consumed with dissecting every single action of the United States government. Does that make them sheep? No. It makes them people with better fucking things to worry about.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 2 users Like Phaedrus's post
04-11-2012, 11:48 PM
(04-11-2012 09:47 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(04-11-2012 09:27 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I've finally discovered why your posts always seem so silly. It's not because you bring up radical ideas. It's that you seem surprised by the information that you share. I don't know anyone who doesn't know the US has an intelligence community that puts our foreign policy into play. You're like talking to someone who just recently learned the Bay of Pigs was a CIA sponsored fiasco.

I am not surprised, I am stating that most americans don't know or don't care about the things I mentioned in the op.

There are people on this forum that didn't know or don't believe that the U.S. ever supported alqaeda (even when they were fighting the Soviet Union). I thought that was common knowledge.

There are people who are 14 and probably didn't see Rambo 3. If they had, they'd have a much better grasp on world history. Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
05-11-2012, 12:57 AM
(04-11-2012 10:36 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Yeah, they don't care. Because they have more important and/or interesting things to do, like hold down a job. Or find a job. You know, so they can keep a roof over their head and eat. Or sleep with their lover, or find a lover, or fuck random strangers. Or play video games. Or read books. Or argue on the internet.

Not everyone's lives are consumed with dissecting every single action of the United States government. Does that make them sheep? No. It makes them people with better fucking things to worry about.

That's odd. I do most of those things, yet I know about what our corrupt government is doing and has done. I make it a point to know, even though I play video game, hold down my job, look for a better job, and spend time with my wife. It is that the majority of the population is blissfully ignorant. They don't know, because they don't want to know. They have jobs, houses, and food, so fuck anyone who doesn't. Problem for our government is that more people every day lose the things they want. Maybe more people will pay attention.
05-11-2012, 01:03 AM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2012 01:35 AM by Bucky Ball.)
I have organized all the squirrels in the neighborhood into a hush-hush Rodents for Romney cell.
We will be doing secret testing on Romnesia, and other government induced evils.
Do not go outside in the next few days. The squirrels may be out of their little forgetful minds.
Tell no one, and you will not be harmed.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
"And you quit footing the bill for these nations that are oil rich - we're paying for some of their *squirmishes* that have been going on for centuries" - Sarah Palin
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
05-11-2012, 06:33 AM
(04-11-2012 11:48 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(04-11-2012 09:47 PM)I and I Wrote:  I am not surprised, I am stating that most americans don't know or don't care about the things I mentioned in the op.

There are people who are 14 and probably didn't see Rambo 3. If they had, they'd have a much better grasp on world history. Drinking Beverage
Are referring to the story line of Rambo III? Or are you referring to the end where the movie was dedicated to the radical islamic fighters (alqaeda) in afghanistan?