The universe is intelligently designed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-04-2017, 11:39 PM
RE: The universe is intelligently designed
A god that cannot be distinguished in any way from a god-free reality has an effective value of zero.

Good things happen, god does nothing = nothing to praise, nothing to love.
Bad things happen, god does nothing = nothing to curse, nothing to pray to.

Why do you even bother believing in a nothing?

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post
09-04-2017, 11:47 PM
(09-04-2017 11:39 PM)Astreja Wrote:  A god that cannot be distinguished in any way from a god-free reality has an effective value of zero.

Good things happen, god does nothing = nothing to praise, nothing to love.
Bad things happen, god does nothing = nothing to curse, nothing to pray to.

Why do you even bother believing in a nothing?
A god free reality wouldn't be this perfect. God cares about us.
Find all posts by this user
09-04-2017, 11:53 PM
No, a god that does nothing about wars, diseases and other things that cause humans to suffer is not a "caring" god. It is an evil do-nothing fuck, undeserving of love or respect.

If this is your idea of "perfection," you can keep it. I can do better. A lot better.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
09-04-2017, 11:54 PM
Best evidence that universe is not *intelligently* designed is OP.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
09-04-2017, 11:57 PM
(09-04-2017 11:54 PM)morondog Wrote:  Best evidence that universe is not *intelligently* designed is OP.

*high five* We have peer review!

[+] 3 users Like Astreja's post
09-04-2017, 11:57 PM
(09-04-2017 11:53 PM)Astreja Wrote:  No, a god that does nothing about wars, diseases and other things that cause humans to suffer is not a "caring" god. It is an evil do-nothing fuck, undeserving of love or respect.

If this is your idea of "perfection," you can keep it. I can do better. A lot better.
Lol God cares. God didn't make us pussies.
10-04-2017, 12:00 AM
(09-04-2017 11:57 PM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  
(09-04-2017 11:53 PM)Astreja Wrote:  No, a god that does nothing about wars, diseases and other things that cause humans to suffer is not a "caring" god. It is an evil do-nothing fuck, undeserving of love or respect.

Lol God cares. God didn't make us pussies.

Go preach in Somalia then, you stupid keyboard warrior. You so happily call people pussies. Have you ever even experienced poverty or war? You would wish that on people? So they can "toughen up"? Ignorant shithead.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
10-04-2017, 12:12 AM
The vibe I'm getting from Slipknot is of a narcissistic stoner kid still living in his parents' basement in double-white-collar-income-suburbia U.S.A., thinking himself clever for inventing his Very Own Religion, and simply redefining into irrelevance the pain of anyone who isn't Slipknot.

10-04-2017, 01:06 AM
(10-04-2017 12:00 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(09-04-2017 11:57 PM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  Lol God cares. God didn't make us pussies.

Go preach in Somalia then, you stupid keyboard warrior. You so happily call people pussies. Have you ever even experienced poverty or war? You would wish that on people? So they can "toughen up"? Ignorant shithead.
God didn't raise us to be pussies. We all came here for a reason.
10-04-2017, 01:12 AM
Some people are really easily impressed. This place looks more like someone trying to learn how to use a level creation kit and accidentally filling the whole place with lava.

I find it ironic that some theists have no imagination, if they can't think of a better design than this.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.