The universe is intelligently designed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-04-2017, 11:12 AM
RE: The universe is intelligently designed
(12-04-2017 09:46 AM)Naielis Wrote:  
(12-04-2017 09:39 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Its a kid trolling from his moms basement, no doubt he finds it intensely funny, soo many crazies here recently you wouldn't believe. How are you BTW ? Haven't seen much of you here recently, hope your studies are going well.

I've been talking to Bucky and others a lot on the philosophy thread and it's not really getting anywhere new. I'm doing well though. I finished my project on materialism and passed with honors. And I'm now trying to learn more on epistemology while also speeding through linear algebra. I have a lot of free time now to do more studying since my project is done and my classes are wrapping up.

Ok that's cool, which universities are you going to apply to?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2017, 11:26 AM
(12-04-2017 11:12 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(12-04-2017 09:46 AM)Naielis Wrote:  I've been talking to Bucky and others a lot on the philosophy thread and it's not really getting anywhere new. I'm doing well though. I finished my project on materialism and passed with honors. And I'm now trying to learn more on epistemology while also speeding through linear algebra. I have a lot of free time now to do more studying since my project is done and my classes are wrapping up.

Ok that's cool, which universities are you going to apply to?

I've actually already decided where I'm going. I chose the University of Louisville mainly because of cost and the fact that they have a good honors program. I'm saving as much money as I can for graduate school.

"I think part of the appeal of mathematical logic is that the formulas look mysterious - you write backward Es!" - Hilary Putnam
12-04-2017, 11:28 AM
(12-04-2017 11:26 AM)Naielis Wrote:  
(12-04-2017 11:12 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Ok that's cool, which universities are you going to apply to?

I've actually already decided where I'm going. I chose the University of Louisville mainly because of cost and the fact that they have a good honors program. I'm saving as much money as I can for graduate school.

If you were as smart as you think you are you'd already be looking for a job which pays for grad school. At least that's what I did. But I forget how much smarter you are than me. Save your shekels Shirley.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
12-04-2017, 11:31 AM
(12-04-2017 11:26 AM)Naielis Wrote:  
(12-04-2017 11:12 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Ok that's cool, which universities are you going to apply to?

Louisville Kentucky? I wish you all the best I'm assuming you've been accepted and can't imagine you wouldn't be.
12-04-2017, 11:34 AM
(12-04-2017 11:31 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(12-04-2017 11:26 AM)Naielis Wrote:  I've actually already decided where I'm going. I chose the University of Louisville mainly because of cost and the fact that they have a good honors program. I'm saving as much money as I can for graduate school.
Louisville Kentucky? I wish you all the best I'm assuming you've been accepted and can't imagine you wouldn't be.

Yes I got accepted into honors. But I also chose it because it's local.

"I think part of the appeal of mathematical logic is that the formulas look mysterious - you write backward Es!" - Hilary Putnam
12-04-2017, 11:36 AM
(12-04-2017 11:34 AM)Naielis Wrote:  
(12-04-2017 11:31 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Louisville Kentucky? I wish you all the best I'm assuming you've been accepted and can't imagine you wouldn't be.

Yes I got accepted into honors. But I also chose it because it's local.

Honours huh? This I don't doubt, I'm sure you will do well good luck son.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
12-04-2017, 11:37 AM
(12-04-2017 11:28 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(12-04-2017 11:26 AM)Naielis Wrote:  I've actually already decided where I'm going. I chose the University of Louisville mainly because of cost and the fact that they have a good honors program. I'm saving as much money as I can for graduate school.

If you were as smart as you think you are you'd already be looking for a job which pays for grad school. At least that's what I did. But I forget how much smarter you are than me. Save your shekels Shirley.

I think everyone knows smart doesn't necessarily mean rich, outgoing, or hardworking. And I don't remember saying I was smarter than you or saying I was insanely intelligent. If I did say that or imply that, I am sorry for the arrogance.

12-04-2017, 11:38 AM
(12-04-2017 11:36 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(12-04-2017 11:34 AM)Naielis Wrote:  Yes I got accepted into honors. But I also chose it because it's local.

Honours huh? This I don't doubt, I'm sure you will do well good luck son.

Thanks

12-04-2017, 12:40 PM
(12-04-2017 06:14 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(12-04-2017 06:11 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Ya'll sure do like them trolls.

We are all trolls here. Evil_monster

> "Don't shoot at the towers! Shoot at the trolls! Kill the trolls!" (Gandalf at the siege of Minas Tirith) Tongue
[+] 3 users Like Gwaithmir's post
12-04-2017, 12:50 PM
The only job I've ever had that paid for college was Time Warner Cable, they only gave 2,000 a year and they work you to the bone and leave you with no time to actually attend school. In some rare cases employees were allowed to downgrade to part time, however Austin is an expensive place to live. Even if my boss would have gotten me over to a part time schedule (which he might have he loved meh hehe) I wouldn't have been able to afford to continue living in Austin.

I have an A.S. I paid for out of my own pocket, working as a tutor at the school while pursuing my A.S. Literally a starving college student. Now I have almost 30,000 in student loan debt...

Fuck it, I'm gonna go to Brute Force university, they don't offer a degree or certification, but if I work hard enough and can show some skill I can maybe get an ok job eventually.

Trying to get a job without a B.S. is fucking nuts... I mean unless flipping burgers is your thing...

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post