The universe is intelligently designed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-04-2017, 12:53 PM
RE: The universe is intelligently designed
(12-04-2017 12:50 PM)JesseB Wrote:  The only job I've ever had that paid for college was Time Warner Cable, they only gave 2,000 a year and they work you to the bone and leave you with no time to actually attend school. In some rare cases employees were allowed to downgrade to part time, however Austin is an expensive place to live. Even if my boss would have gotten me over to a part time schedule (which he might have he loved meh hehe) I wouldn't have been able to afford to continue living in Austin.

I have an A.S. I paid for out of my own pocket, working as a tutor at the school while pursuing my A.S. Literally a starving college student. Now I have almost 30,000 in student loan debt...

Fuck it, I'm gonna go to Brute Force university, they don't offer a degree or certification, but if I work hard enough and can show some skill I can maybe get an ok job eventually.

Trying to get a job without a B.S. is fucking nuts... I mean unless flipping burgers is your thing...

If only college didn't cost so much.

"I think part of the appeal of mathematical logic is that the formulas look mysterious - you write backward Es!" - Hilary Putnam
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Naielis's post
12-04-2017, 12:54 PM
(12-04-2017 11:26 AM)Naielis Wrote:  
(12-04-2017 11:12 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Ok that's cool, which universities are you going to apply to?

I've actually already decided where I'm going. I chose the University of Louisville ...

One word of advice, if you are flying there go on American Airlines.

Smartass

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
12-04-2017, 03:59 PM
(12-04-2017 12:54 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(12-04-2017 11:26 AM)Naielis Wrote:  I've actually already decided where I'm going. I chose the University of Louisville ...

One word of advice, if you are flying there go on American Airlines.

Smartass

If I could, I would go to university in Norway. If I left the US I doubt I would ever come back.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
12-04-2017, 04:09 PM
(12-04-2017 12:40 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(12-04-2017 06:14 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  We are all trolls here. Evil_monster

> "Don't shoot at the towers! Shoot at the trolls! Kill the trolls!" (Gandalf at the siege of Minas Tirith) Tongue

Which proves Marine Corps history goes back MUCH farther than I thought. Drinking Beverage
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Gawdzilla's post
26-04-2017, 10:29 PM
(09-04-2017 06:49 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(09-04-2017 06:29 PM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  God made me perfect.

You can't be perfect because if you were perfect you would be modest and say you weren't perfect and if you said you weren't perfect you'd be lying which would make you not perfect.
Condensed version = perfection is impossible.
Perfection in no way equates to modesty. Servitude does. Agave? Sure. Perfection? No

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk
27-04-2017, 05:01 AM
(26-04-2017 10:29 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Perfection in no way equates to modesty. Servitude does. Agave? Sure. Perfection? No

That you wish to be a slave is a symptom of your illness. You need help. Get some.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
27-04-2017, 05:09 AM
(26-04-2017 10:29 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(09-04-2017 06:49 PM)adey67 Wrote:  You can't be perfect because if you were perfect you would be modest and say you weren't perfect and if you said you weren't perfect you'd be lying which would make you not perfect.
Perfection in no way equates to modesty. Servitude does. Agave? Sure. Perfection? No

Perfection doesn't mean one can't be an egotist? Interesting.
27-04-2017, 05:50 AM
(26-04-2017 10:29 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(09-04-2017 06:49 PM)adey67 Wrote:  You can't be perfect because if you were perfect you would be modest and say you weren't perfect and if you said you weren't perfect you'd be lying which would make you not perfect.

Servitude is modesty?!
27-04-2017, 05:55 AM (This post was last modified: 27-04-2017 06:03 AM by adey67.)
In another thread I tried to channel train wreck but it was pops who ascended from the sulphurous depths of hell to begin another set of demonic partisan raids, I'm sorry folks my bad. Weeping
27-04-2017, 05:57 AM
(27-04-2017 05:55 AM)adey67 Wrote:  In another threat I tried to channel train wreck but it was pops who ascended from the sulphurous depths of hell to begin another set of demonic partisan raids, I'm sorry folks my bad. Weeping

Enough of your threats!
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post