The universe is intelligently designed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-04-2017, 08:27 PM
RE: The universe is intelligently designed
(27-04-2017 01:34 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  He who? GOD? Show me how GOD isn't perfect.

First show that he exists.

(27-04-2017 01:34 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Remember you. Can't use a book you have no belief in to do this.

If a believer cites a book as the source or a source of their belief then a non-believer can cite that same book to refute that belief.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
27-04-2017, 08:30 PM
(27-04-2017 08:27 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(27-04-2017 01:34 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  He who? GOD? Show me how GOD isn't perfect.

First show that he exists.

(27-04-2017 01:34 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Remember you. Can't use a book you have no belief in to do this.

If a believer cites a book as the source or a source of their belief then a non-believer can cite that same book to refute that belief.

So the statement "GOD isn't perfect" is a false statement by default for the atheist, right?

As for your last statement; I agree.

peace

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk
27-04-2017, 08:33 PM
(27-04-2017 08:30 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  So the statement "GOD isn't perfect" is a false statement by default for the atheist, right?

Nope. It's neither true nor false.
Are pink fairies "perfect" or "imperfect" ?
Neither.
They don't exist.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
27-04-2017, 08:36 PM
(27-04-2017 08:33 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(27-04-2017 08:30 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  So the statement "GOD isn't perfect" is a false statement by default for the atheist, right?

Nope. It's neither true nor false.
Neither.
They don't exist.
Making the premise and statement false, and the question itself unjustified.

27-04-2017, 08:41 PM
(27-04-2017 07:53 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Coming from your perspective I'm sure your right, as a thing that is made up can be made up by anyone and still have the same amount of credibility as the next explanation. That is no way to discern any sort of possible truth regarding the matter at hand though. It's not like I'm limiting you to a particular denomination or even a strictly Abrahamic faith.

I'm not sure that this helps your case.

(27-04-2017 07:53 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  From my perspective GOD is, without any doubt whatsoever, real.

The issues arise when you present your belief to us. We ask for proof. If you cannot provide that proof then we have to conclude that you are mistaken.

(27-04-2017 07:53 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Being such to me I can test what I know against your words and whatever words you produce to verify your claim.

Well technically, you should be making the claim and providing evidence for your god.
However if someone else makes a claim that your god does not exist, then some obligation rests on them. That supposes that they want to convince you that you are mistaken.

In either case though, you do have to at least present and define your god and beliefs to some extent.

(27-04-2017 07:53 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Then again, if the whole premise of the discussion if fruitless beforehand due to your disposition then what is the real point?

Although I can't speak for anyone besides myself, I'm fairly confident that most posters here would be convinced by sufficient evidence.

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 5 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
27-04-2017, 08:43 PM
(27-04-2017 08:36 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(27-04-2017 08:33 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Nope. It's neither true nor false.
Neither.
They don't exist.
Making the premise and statement false, and the question itself unjustified.

YOU asked "Show me how GOD isn't perfect."
You just said YOUR OWN question is invalid.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
27-04-2017, 08:58 PM

"the atheist" kind of implies "atheism" which isn't really a thing.
I can only speak for myself.

I would need more information. Accepting things as default sounds like making presuppositions, although I'm not sure that's what you mean.

[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
27-04-2017, 09:32 PM
(27-04-2017 08:43 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(27-04-2017 08:36 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Making the premise and statement false, and the question itself unjustified.

YOU asked "Show me how GOD isn't perfect."
You just said YOUR OWN question is invalid.
To you, not to me. If you had any amount of belief then it would be valid.

27-04-2017, 09:33 PM
(27-04-2017 08:58 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  

"the atheist" kind of implies "atheism" which isn't really a thing.
I can only speak for myself.

I would need more information. Accepting things as default sounds like making presuppositions, although I'm not sure that's what you mean.
Absense of a belief is a state and as such a thing.

peace
27-04-2017, 11:26 PM
"Perfect" is a very vague and subjective term.

It needs precisely defining. So does God, along with a way we can actually differentiate its existence from nothing. Then we need a test for whatever criteria "perfect" entails.

While it's nothing more than a concept in theists' heads, it can be whatever they want it to be.

Seeing as this creation is a bunch of random shit at best when viewed as designed, I'm highly sceptical to say the least.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post