The universe is intelligently designed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-04-2017, 11:39 PM
RE: The universe is intelligently designed
Matthew 5:48
48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

If God is not perfect, then the Bible is no revelation inspired by God. It's not the atheists that make that claim. We just note God is not perfect by the supposed actions this selfsame revelation imputes to God.

When I shake my ignore file, I can hear them buzzing!

Cheerful Charlie
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Cheerful Charlie's post
28-04-2017, 01:20 AM
(27-04-2017 09:32 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  If you had any amount of belief then it would be valid.

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

In that case, I believe you are retarded.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
28-04-2017, 04:53 AM
(27-04-2017 08:36 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Making the premise and statement false, and the question itself unjustified.

Logic is not your strong suit, Pops.

(27-04-2017 09:32 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  To you, not to me. If you had any amount of belief then it would be valid.

Belief doesn't make it valid. Evidence is required for that. No matter how strongly you believe, without evidence it is all just so much delusion.

You need help. Get some before you hurt somebody.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post
28-04-2017, 05:27 AM
(27-04-2017 01:34 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(27-04-2017 09:53 AM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  He isn't even perfect by his own standards. He broke his own laws all the time; though I'm guessing you think if god does it, it's ok. So at best he's a hypocrite.

I mean it's almost like he acts like a human.....because....just maybe he was created by humans.
He who? GOD? Show me how GOD isn't perfect. Remember you. Can't use a book you have no belief in to do this.

Good luck

God creates the angels. God doesn't realize one of them is plotting against him. Imperfect perception.

God creates the Earth. 70% of it is covered with water and his creation, Man, can't live on it.

God creates Adam. God forgets Adam has a penis. God has to create Lilith. Lilith ain't got time for that shit. God has to create Eve.

God creates the Garden of Eden. God puts two HUGE biohazards right in the middle, not even a safety railing. God gets pissed when the two naked teenagers find the biohazards and try one.

God has to kick his creations out of the Garden of Eden.

God's creations turn out to be, in his estimation at least, dicks. God kills most of his creations, including the totally innocent animals. God is a dick.

Third try, God sends his son to Earth with a really important message, but no way to write it down so the message doesn't get scrambled. God is a moron.

Two thousand years later people are still fighting about what God, jr., said. God is a huge moron.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Gawdzilla's post
28-04-2017, 05:34 AM
(27-04-2017 09:33 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(27-04-2017 08:58 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  "the atheist" kind of implies "atheism" which isn't really a thing.
I can only speak for myself.

I would need more information. Accepting things as default sounds like making presuppositions, although I'm not sure that's what you mean.
Absense of a belief is a state and as such a thing.

peace

Poor phrasing on my part.

"the atheist" kind of implies that there is a standard/typical atheist. If you confine your generalization to the absence of belief, then it's a legitimate generalization. Beyond that though, it falls apart.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 2 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
28-04-2017, 05:41 AM
(27-04-2017 07:53 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(27-04-2017 06:57 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  > Even a cursory reading of the Bible reveals a God with fallible human attributes.

> You are in no position to dictate what references can be used to expose God's imperfections.
Coming from your perspective I'm sure your right, as a thing that is made up can be made up by anyone and still have the same amount of credibility as the next explanation. That is no way to discern any sort of possible truth regarding the matter at hand though. It's not like I'm limiting you to a particular denomination or even a strictly Abrahamic faith. From my perspective GOD is, without any doubt whatsoever, real. Being such to me I can test what I know against your words and whatever words you produce to verify your claim. Then again, if the whole premise of the discussion if fruitless beforehand due to your disposition then what is the real point?

peace

> You're moving the goalposts. Your challenge in the previous post was not to prove God isn't real, but to demonstrate that God is not perfect. Your own Bible proves that God has fallible human attributes.

> You have not yet presented any credible evidence demonstrating God's alleged perfection or existence.
28-04-2017, 05:46 AM
(28-04-2017 05:41 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(27-04-2017 07:53 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Coming from your perspective I'm sure your right, as a thing that is made up can be made up by anyone and still have the same amount of credibility as the next explanation. That is no way to discern any sort of possible truth regarding the matter at hand though. It's not like I'm limiting you to a particular denomination or even a strictly Abrahamic faith. From my perspective GOD is, without any doubt whatsoever, real. Being such to me I can test what I know against your words and whatever words you produce to verify your claim. Then again, if the whole premise of the discussion if fruitless beforehand due to your disposition then what is the real point?

peace

> You're moving the goalposts. Your challenge in the previous post was not to prove God isn't real, but to demonstrate that God is not perfect. Your own Bible proves that God has fallible human attributes.

> You have not yet presented any credible evidence demonstrating God's alleged perfection or existence.
Ok...you pose that the Bible can lead one to believe that vod isn't perfect. I am willing to you that book to refute your claim.

And no, I didn't move the goal posts.

28-04-2017, 05:48 AM
(28-04-2017 05:46 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(28-04-2017 05:41 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  > You're moving the goalposts. Your challenge in the previous post was not to prove God isn't real, but to demonstrate that God is not perfect. Your own Bible proves that God has fallible human attributes.

Ok...you pose that the Bible can lead one to believe that vod isn't perfect. I am willing to you that book to refute your claim.

And no, I didn't move the goal posts.

Little early to be drinking... Drinking Beverage
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Gawdzilla's post
28-04-2017, 05:48 AM
(28-04-2017 05:27 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(27-04-2017 01:34 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  He who? GOD? Show me how GOD isn't perfect. Remember you. Can't use a book you have no belief in to do this.

Good luck

God creates the angels. God doesn't realize one of them is plotting against him. Imperfect perception.

God creates the Earth. 70% of it is covered with water and his creation, Man, can't live on it.

God creates Adam. God forgets Adam has a penis. God has to create Lilith. Lilith ain't got time for that shit. God has to create Eve.

God creates the Garden of Eden. God puts two HUGE biohazards right in the middle, not even a safety railing. God gets pissed when the two naked teenagers find the biohazards and try one.

God has to kick his creations out of the Garden of Eden.

God's creations turn out to be, in his estimation at least, dicks. God kills most of his creations, including the totally innocent animals. God is a dick.

Third try, God sends his son to Earth with a really important message, but no way to write it down so the message doesn't get scrambled. God is a moron.

Two thousand years later people are still fighting about what God, jr., said. God is a huge moron.
Now provide references to your claims

28-04-2017, 05:50 AM
(28-04-2017 04:53 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(27-04-2017 08:36 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Making the premise and statement false, and the question itself unjustified.

Logic is not your strong suit, Pops.

(27-04-2017 09:32 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  To you, not to me. If you had any amount of belief then it would be valid.

Belief doesn't make it valid. Evidence is required for that. No matter how strongly you believe, without evidence it is all just so much delusion.

You need help. Get some before you hurt somebody.
Before I hurt somebody. That was uncalled for.

Though I had been known for threats when I first came here, I never acted them out. This is the internet you know. I don't appreciate you painting me in a violent light.