The universe is intelligently designed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-04-2017, 05:51 AM
RE: The universe is intelligently designed
(28-04-2017 05:48 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(28-04-2017 05:46 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Ok...you pose that the Bible can lead one to believe that vod isn't perfect. I am willing to you that book to refute your claim.

And no, I didn't move the goal posts.

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk
Little early to be drinking... Drinking Beverage
Coffee?

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-04-2017, 05:57 AM
(27-04-2017 09:33 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(27-04-2017 08:58 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  "the atheist" kind of implies "atheism" which isn't really a thing.
I can only speak for myself.

I would need more information. Accepting things as default sounds like making presuppositions, although I'm not sure that's what you mean.
Absense* of a belief is a state and as such a thing.

peace

*Absence
Reification fallacy
The dismissal of preposterous nonsense as such, is not a "state".
One rejects nonsense and remains in the same state as before the introduction of the nonsense. You have nothing but nonsense. Acceptance of nonsense, now THAT is a delusional state.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
28-04-2017, 06:00 AM
(27-04-2017 09:32 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  To you, not to me. If you had any amount of belief then it would be valid.

So if I had belief in Pink Unicorn God it would ?

YOU asked the question. What makes sense to YOU is irrelevant.

We all know YOU believe in an evil (non-perfect) god, who got pissed and demanded his own son die, so he could feel better, and who told the Israelites to kill disobedient children and wipe out innocent infants.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
28-04-2017, 06:03 AM
(28-04-2017 05:51 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(28-04-2017 05:48 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Little early to be drinking... Drinking Beverage
Coffee?

Ah, yes, that would explain the poor grammar and spelling. Drinking Beverage
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-04-2017, 06:16 AM
(28-04-2017 06:03 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(28-04-2017 05:51 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Coffee?

Ah, yes, that would explain the poor grammar and spelling. Drinking Beverage

That's a constant in this case.
It's the meds.

28-04-2017, 06:17 AM
(28-04-2017 05:46 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(28-04-2017 05:41 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  > You're moving the goalposts. Your challenge in the previous post was not to prove God isn't real, but to demonstrate that God is not perfect. Your own Bible proves that God has fallible human attributes.

> You have not yet presented any credible evidence demonstrating God's alleged perfection or existence.
Ok...you pose that the Bible can lead one to believe that vod isn't perfect. I am willing to you that book to refute your claim.

And no, I didn't move the goal posts.

> Sorry, but that sentence makes no sense. And, yes, you obviously did move the goalposts for the reason I correctly stated.
28-04-2017, 06:25 AM
(28-04-2017 05:50 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(28-04-2017 04:53 AM)unfogged Wrote:  Logic is not your strong suit, Pops.

Belief doesn't make it valid. Evidence is required for that. No matter how strongly you believe, without evidence it is all just so much delusion.

You need help. Get some before you hurt somebody.
Before I hurt somebody. That was uncalled for.

Though I had been known for threats when I first came here, I never acted them out. This is the internet you know. I don't appreciate you painting me in a violent light.

You have detailed your violent history yourself, repeatedly. You've also described a history of hallucinations and have stated that you're not receiving counseling or medication. The painter is you.

You're asking us to accept that what you report about your experiences is true. So I accept, provisionally, that you had an experience you felt was transformational. What I don't accept is your interpretation of that experience as god-sent; it reads to me more as a psychotic break or fugue state. Given your history of disordered, volatile interactions here, and the personal events you've reported, especially those involving your child's mother, "get help before you hurt somebody" is a recommendation you should consider.
[+] 5 users Like julep's post
28-04-2017, 07:07 AM
(27-04-2017 11:39 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  Matthew 5:48
48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

If God is not perfect, then the Bible is no revelation inspired by God. It's not the atheists that make that claim. We just note God is not perfect by the supposed actions this selfsame revelation imputes to God.
Then show the evidence for your claim using the book you are referring to.

28-04-2017, 07:23 AM
(28-04-2017 05:50 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Before I hurt somebody. That was uncalled for.

Though I had been known for threats when I first came here, I never acted them out. This is the internet you know.

Julep said it well already but my comment had nothing to do with the "threats" you made here. Given the posts you made describing your attempted assault and what, to me, sounds like some kind of psychotic episode I honestly believe that you have serious issues that need treatment (perhaps medication, perhaps not) and that you pose a potential danger to people around you. You should find a qualified therapist and get some help. You may think you are in control but that is not how you appear to others.

Quote:I don't appreciate you painting me in a violent light.

I'm only holding a mirror.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
28-04-2017, 07:37 AM
(28-04-2017 05:41 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(27-04-2017 07:53 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Coming from your perspective I'm sure your right, as a thing that is made up can be made up by anyone and still have the same amount of credibility as the next explanation. That is no way to discern any sort of possible truth regarding the matter at hand though. It's not like I'm limiting you to a particular denomination or even a strictly Abrahamic faith. From my perspective GOD is, without any doubt whatsoever, real. Being such to me I can test what I know against your words and whatever words you produce to verify your claim. Then again, if the whole premise of the discussion if fruitless beforehand due to your disposition then what is the real point?

peace

> You're moving the goalposts. Your challenge in the previous post was not to prove God isn't real, but to demonstrate that God is not perfect. Your own Bible proves that God has fallible human attributes.

> You have not yet presented any credible evidence demonstrating God's alleged perfection or existence.
I didn't make any claim. I've only asked that one support their claim that I might refute it.

We all know I cannot prove he existence of GOD for you or any else. But if any still want to claim IT isn't perfect then support it with actual scriptural references since you(whoever) are supposedly basing your claims on the scholastic/ historic perspective/ interpretations of the Bible.

By the way; if man as a whole had rightly understood the inspired word of GOD then many historical things would have been different. By historical I mean within the last 1500 years. Regardless, I would gladly discuss this supposed imperfection of GOD based on the partial perspective of man, with references, so I can at least see what you are deriving your argument from.

peace