The universe is intelligently designed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-04-2017, 12:01 PM
RE: The universe is intelligently designed
(28-04-2017 07:45 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(28-04-2017 06:17 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  > Sorry, but that sentence makes no sense. And, yes, you obviously did move the goalposts for the reason I correctly stated.

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

> An omnipotent God gets tired: "...in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day He rested and was refreshed." (Exodus 31:17)

> An allegedly all-loving, all knowing God created vicious beasts of prey, parasites, noxious (and poisonous) plants, geological disasters (volcanoes, earthquakes): "And God saw everything that He had made, and, behold, it was very good." (Genesis 1:31)

> An allegedly all-just God curses innocent snakes because the Devil assumed the shape of one: "And the Lord said unto the serpent, 'Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life." (Genesis 3:14)

> By the way, how did serpents move before they went on their bellies?

> God prefers roasted meat to cold vegetables: "Cain brought the fruits of the ground as an offering to the Lord. And, Abel, he also brought the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the Lord had respect unto Abel and to his offerings; but unto Cain and his offerings He had not respect." (Genesis 4:3-5)

> An allegedly all-just, all-loving God murders innocent children: "And it came to pass that at midnight the Lord smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sat on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive that was in the dungeon; and the firstborn of cattle." (Exodus 12:29)

> Those are just for starters. I can find dozens more. Not only is your God imperfect, he is clearly puerile and insecure. Yes
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Gwaithmir's post
28-04-2017, 01:05 PM
God is clearly a petulant wanker.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
28-04-2017, 05:50 PM
(28-04-2017 12:01 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(28-04-2017 07:45 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

"> An omnipotent God gets tired: "...in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day He rested and was refreshed." (Exodus 31:17)"

A reference to the Sabbath; and how man is to rest from work and refresh themselves one in six days.

Exodus: 31. 13. Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the LORD that doth sanctify you. 17. It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.

"> An allegedly all-loving, all knowing God created vicious beasts of prey, parasites, noxious (and poisonous) plants, geological disasters (volcanoes, earthquakes): "And God saw everything that He had made, and, behold, it was very good." (Genesis 1:31)"

Good according to the will of GOD. it's funny how people always think if GOD was all loving that we would live eternally. We aren't to grasp to life or the material things there of.
The creation formed by GOD was pleasing to GOD for GOD's purpose.

"> An allegedly all-just God curses innocent snakes because the Devil assumed the shape of one: "And the Lord said unto the serpent, 'Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life." (Genesis 3:14)"

It is allegory for the sign of sin and or deceit, as the serpent was a sign for sin that was placed on a cross, and then Jesus was made as a sinner and out on the cross.

Serpent was simply a symbol for sin or deceit.

"> By the way, how did serpents move before they went on their bellies?"

Another reference to the lowliness of sin/ deceit.

"> God prefers roasted meat to cold vegetables: "Cain brought the fruits of the ground as an offering to the Lord. And, Abel, he also brought the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the Lord had respect unto Abel and to his offerings; but unto Cain and his offerings He had not respect." (Genesis 4:3-5)"

More allegory pertaining to to the tending and helping of others in need(flock), and selfless devotion(giving first born of flock, and the separation of the good from the bad, the cutting of the fat from the meat.

Also Cain was the first born and was being tested and warned about sin, and still went on to murder his brother due to envy.

"> An allegedly all-just, all-loving God murders innocent children: "And it came to pass that at midnight the Lord smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sat on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive that was in the dungeon; and the firstborn of cattle." (Exodus 12:29)"

Smote can also mean struck, punish, and similar terms. I must admit though that I do not agree with the sections of the ot that seem to praise men for war are call them to atrocities. It is written in the same book that the Jew was punished because of their Waring.

You can call it cherry picking if you want, but I do not think GOD wanted men to kill indiscriminately or enslave.

> Those are just for starters. I can find dozens more. Not only is your God imperfect, he is clearly puerile and insecure. Yes

Those where actually really good. Better than expected for sure.

But since the it is known to be of the Jew who is known to have mislead the masses, perhaps you would care to use a different book. Or not though; I find this quite interesting.

thanks,
peace

28-04-2017, 06:15 PM
(28-04-2017 05:50 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(28-04-2017 12:01 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  "> An omnipotent God gets tired: "...in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day He rested and was refreshed." (Exodus 31:17)"

A reference to the Sabbath; and how man is to rest from work and refresh themselves one in six days.

Exodus: 31. 13. Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the LORD that doth sanctify you. 17. It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.

"> An allegedly all-loving, all knowing God created vicious beasts of prey, parasites, noxious (and poisonous) plants, geological disasters (volcanoes, earthquakes): "And God saw everything that He had made, and, behold, it was very good." (Genesis 1:31)"

Good according to the will of GOD. it's funny how people always think if GOD was all loving that we would live eternally. We aren't to grasp to life or the material things there of.

"> An allegedly all-just God curses innocent snakes because the Devil assumed the shape of one: "And the Lord said unto the serpent, 'Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life." (Genesis 3:14)"

It is allegory for the sign of sin and or deceit, as the serpent was a sign for sin that was placed on a cross, and then Jesus was made as a sinner and out on the cross.

"> God prefers roasted meat to cold vegetables: "Cain brought the fruits of the ground as an offering to the Lord. And, Abel, he also brought the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the Lord had respect unto Abel and to his offerings; but unto Cain and his offerings He had not respect." (Genesis 4:3-5)"

More allegory pertaining to to the tending and helping of others in need(flock), and selfless devotion(giving first born of flock, and the separation of the good from the bad, the cutting of the fat from the meat.

Also Cain was the first born and was being tested and warned about sin, and still went on to murder his brother due to envy.

"> An allegedly all-just, all-loving God murders innocent children: "And it came to pass that at midnight the Lord smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sat on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive that was in the dungeon; and the firstborn of cattle." (Exodus 12:29)"

Smote can also mean struck, punish, and similar terms. I must admit though that I do not agree with the sections of the ot that seem to praise men for war are call them to atrocities. It is written in the same book that the Jew was punished because of their Waring.

You can call it cherry picking if you want, but I do not think GOD wanted men to kill indiscriminately or enslave.

But since the it is known to be of the Jew who is known to have mislead the masses, perhaps you would care to use a different book. Or not though; I find this quite interesting.

thanks,
peace

"the Jew"? Like Joseph and Mary?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-04-2017, 06:20 PM
(28-04-2017 05:50 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(28-04-2017 12:01 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  "> An omnipotent God gets tired: "...in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day He rested and was refreshed." (Exodus 31:17)"

thanks,
peace

> Poor excuse for no rebuttal. You lose! Drinking Beverage
28-04-2017, 06:25 PM
(28-04-2017 06:20 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(28-04-2017 05:50 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Those where actually really good. Better than expected for sure.

thanks,
peace

> Poor excuse for no rebuttal. You lose! Drinking Beverage

Gwaithmir I see you have met pops.

I don't think he's a bad guy but he is out there...way, way out there. Blink

It's a long, deluded story.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
28-04-2017, 06:25 PM
Speaking of Jews

I sometimes wonder if Christians realize that they worship a Jewish man.
Their religion is different from the religion of the guy they worship.

"I play baseball because of how much I admire the quarterback on that football team."

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
28-04-2017, 06:31 PM
(28-04-2017 06:25 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Speaking of Jews

"I play baseball because of how much I admire the quarterback on that football team."

> I have known Christian fundies who actually believe and state emphatically that Jesus wasn't a Jew. Facepalm
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post
28-04-2017, 06:33 PM
(28-04-2017 06:31 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  

> I have known Christian fundies who actually believe and state emphatically that Jesus wasn't a Jew. Facepalm
"He did say" that he wasn't there to change any of the laws.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
28-04-2017, 06:33 PM
(28-04-2017 06:31 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  

That's one of those inconvenient details in the story that are best left unnoticed by the 'true believers'.

Contradictions are the work of the devil, doncha know.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post