The universe is intelligently designed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-04-2017, 08:34 PM
RE: The universe is intelligently designed
intellect of the universe is completely out of the scope of our understanding. But we can work within our region of space. we know we have intellect. We know we are connected. But is there enough information transferred between the nodes, we call our brains, to say the whole thing has intellect?

I don't think so.

the next level would be what? life? is this region of space alive? I am not sure. So, How would I classify our earth's systems as a whole? Is it better described as life? or non life? again, not sure, but "life" seems a more reasonable claim then non life.

maybe the universe was born. That is not an unreasonable claim once we are past "nobody knows". But "designed", like a watch, in all honesty I can't say that.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-04-2017, 08:43 PM
The known laws of science break down at a singularity.
We have no information to say anything at this point.
Dark Energy and Dark Matter comprise 95 % of the universe.
It's premature to say anything about its properties.

There is no evidence for "intellect of the universe". Consciousness arises only in brains, is all we know, until evidence for something else is found.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
29-04-2017, 01:39 PM
(28-04-2017 06:15 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(28-04-2017 05:50 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Those where actually really good. Better than expected for sure.

But since the it is known to be of the Jew who is known to have mislead the masses, perhaps you would care to use a different book. Or not though; I find this quite interesting.

thanks,
peace

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk
"the Jew"? Like Joseph and Mary?
Similar, yes.

29-04-2017, 01:41 PM
(28-04-2017 06:25 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Speaking of Jews

I sometimes wonder if Christians realize that they worship a Jewish man.
Their religion is different from the religion of the guy they worship.

"I play baseball because of how much I admire the quarterback on that football team."
A Christan doesn't worship a man. Not if they have any sort of truth in them.

29-04-2017, 01:43 PM
(29-04-2017 01:39 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(28-04-2017 06:15 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  "the Jew"? Like Joseph and Mary?
Similar, yes.

Well, we know Mary misled at least one person. Tongue
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
29-04-2017, 01:54 PM
(29-04-2017 01:43 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(29-04-2017 01:39 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Similar, yes.

Well, we know Mary misled at least one person. Tongue
Who? Are you insinuating about Joseph?

29-04-2017, 02:39 PM
(29-04-2017 01:54 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(29-04-2017 01:43 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Well, we know Mary misled at least one person. Tongue
Who? Are you insinuating about Joseph?

Are you really getting pissed off on behalf of some mythical long-dead father-figure to your silly deity?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
29-04-2017, 03:54 PM (This post was last modified: 29-04-2017 04:02 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(29-04-2017 01:54 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Who? Are you insinuating about Joseph?

If, as theology states, Jesus was BOTH god and man, (the "incarnation"), and as many creeds and Church Fathers taught, Jesus WAS a man, then he is worshiped as such. As Christianity developed, he came to be seen as a god also, later. He needed 46 chromosomes to really BE a man, (as Christian orthodoxy claims and says they believe). Mary had 23 to give. Where did the rest come from ?

1. You know nothing about the theology of your own cult.
2. That theology is totally preposterously idiotic.
3. One does not "insinuate about" someone. One "insinuates" (someTHING) about them. Stop using those big smart sounding words, UNLESS you know HOW to use them. You keep the dunce cap for the week.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
29-04-2017, 05:17 PM
(28-04-2017 05:50 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  A reference to the Sabbath; and how man is to rest from work and refresh themselves one in six days.

Exodus: 31. 13. Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the LORD that doth sanctify you. 17. It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.

Your own quote belies your claim.

Quote:Good according to the will of GOD. it's funny how people always think if GOD was all loving that we would live eternally. We aren't to grasp to life or the material things there of.
The creation formed by GOD was pleasing to GOD for GOD's purpose.

Then "good" is the wrong term for it. It also means that no morality can be derived from this god.

Quote:It is allegory for the sign of sin and or deceit, as the serpent was a sign for sin that was placed on a cross, and then Jesus was made as a sinner and out on the cross.

Serpent was simply a symbol for sin or deceit.

In your interpretation. Why should anybody give a rat's ass how you interpret the scriptures?

Quote:Another reference to the lowliness of sin/ deceit.

In your interpretation. It's an inane way of looking at it since the story implies that serpents did not always crawl and is simply wrong about them eating dust.

Quote:More allegory pertaining to to the tending and helping of others in need(flock), and selfless devotion(giving first born of flock, and the separation of the good from the bad, the cutting of the fat from the meat.

Bullshit. Nothing about growing crops is morally inferior to herding animals so the "allegory" fails big time.

Quote:Smote can also mean struck, punish, and similar terms. I must admit though that I do not agree with the sections of the ot that seem to praise men for war are call them to atrocities. It is written in the same book that the Jew was punished because of their Waring.

It is also written that they were rewarded (e.g. Joshua and David). The book is inconsistent which is why you can find anything you want in it by cherry picking and interpreting it to mean whatever you want it to mean.

Quote:You can call it cherry picking if you want, but I do not think GOD wanted men to kill indiscriminately or enslave.

It is cherry picking and god ordered killing and gave rules for enslaving. What you think isn't supported by the evidence.

Quote:Those where actually really good. Better than expected for sure.

Facepalm

Quote:But since the it is known to be of the Jew who is known to have mislead the masses, perhaps you would care to use a different book. Or not though; I find this quite interesting.

The Jew misled the masses? A little antisemitism showing through there? That's about what I'd expect.

It is always amazing to me how far people will go to twist the words of their "holy" books to make them not sound like they were written by primitive, barbaric societies.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
29-04-2017, 05:19 PM
Gods are unchanging and perfect. They don't need "refreshing".
The bible is nothing but anthropomorphized bunk.