The universe is intelligently designed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-04-2017, 07:40 PM
RE: The universe is intelligently designed
(09-04-2017 07:12 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Enjoy your life. I'm going to get some lunch.

Will this lunch, per chance, involve a grilled cheese sandwich made from bread that is 98% delicious?

Will it be ... cheesy good?

"If my God exists, then the laws in the Bible should apply to everyone. I am certain my God exists, so ..." -- words of a theocratic fascist justifying theocratic fascism.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Shirina's post
09-04-2017, 07:40 PM
(09-04-2017 06:41 PM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  
(09-04-2017 06:39 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  So you're saying rape and pedophilia are perfect?
Yes. We live in a universe where every action has a butterfly effect on your eternity. So everything is perfect because God takes into account your eternity.

[Image: we-have-officially-jumped-the-shark.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
09-04-2017, 07:49 PM
(09-04-2017 07:18 PM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  
(09-04-2017 07:16 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Hush my child, no more talk of such nonsense now. Shssss.
The universe expands into nothingness, that's proof nothingness is infinite. God is just the nothingness in a more complex way.

Here's a prophecy:

1. Spout vacuous deepity.
2. People point out how vacuous your deepity is.
3. Spout another vacuous deepity without really engaging.
4. Everyone gets tired of your vacuous deepities.
5. Get banned for your vacuous deepities and your inability to engage.

This would indeed be the "perfect" solution to your vacuous deepities, except that it should've happened already. It's so fucking imperfect. Facepalm

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
09-04-2017, 07:50 PM
(09-04-2017 06:43 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(09-04-2017 06:41 PM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  Yes. We live in a universe where every action has a butterfly effect on your eternity. So everything is perfect because God takes into account your eternity.

So, a child being raped by her uncle, growing up with depression as a result who turns to meth (perfect meth according to you) and sells herself into sex trade so she can afford more meth. Getting aids, having several unwanted children who she passes on aids too and eventually overdoses on meth at 28 leaving behind 4 infant children all with aids and mental illnesses as a result of her meth use during pregnancy.

That's a perfect way for someone to live their life? That's what you're saying?

That's really detailed... O.o
09-04-2017, 08:16 PM
Slip, did you say god was complex nothingness ?

There is absolutely nothing complex about nothing, but since we have no examples of nothing, I could be wrong, but I'm willing to bet I'm not.

Show me some physical evidence of nothing and I'll concede to your complex nothingness.

Smile

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
09-04-2017, 08:23 PM
The OP was not intelliently designed so there's not much hope for the universe.

Slipknot strikes me as a poorly-programmed chatterbot.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
09-04-2017, 08:26 PM
(09-04-2017 08:23 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  The OP was not intelliently designed so there's not much hope for the universe.

Slipknot strikes me as a poorly-programmed chatterbot.

Let’s find out. I’ll send it a PM and see what I get as a reply.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
09-04-2017, 09:19 PM
(09-04-2017 06:15 PM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  God is infinitely intelligent. She can do what she wants. So she made the universe. You can tell the universe is intelligently designed from how perfect it is. We have stuff like love, sex, fiction, music, and video games. All stuff that is intelligently designed. It's all perfect, nothing is random about the universe. It all came from a designer. If the universe didn't have a designer, then everything would be random and not make sense. Because the universe has a designer, everything makes sense.

The problem is that we recognize design by contrasting it with naturally occurring things. Also the primacy of existence tells us that the universe is ordered independently of anyone's conscious activity such as willing, wanting, thinking, praying, demanding,wishing, etc. the order is inherent in the things that exist because everything has a specific identity and acts in accordance with that identity. so there's no chance of a disorderly universe. To say that the order we observe has its source in a mind that made it that way by its will would comit the fallacy of the stolen concept.

That's a lot of problems you need to resolve before your claim can be validated, and since we have no alternative but to imagine that the order we observe was put there by a supernatural, extra-universl, invisible, magic being, you'd have to, at minimum, be able to give us a reliable method by which we could distinguish said being from something that is merely imaginary.

So you've got your work cut out for you. Get started and watch those stolen concepts.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
09-04-2017, 09:23 PM
[Image: WhitechickenPizza_thumb%25255B1%25255D.jpg?imgmax=800]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
09-04-2017, 09:35 PM
The OP is a moron or a troll and of no value to the forum even as a chew toy.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post