The universe is intelligently designed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-04-2017, 10:05 PM
RE: The universe is intelligently designed
(09-04-2017 09:35 PM)Chas Wrote:  The OP is a moron or a troll and of no value to the forum even as a chew toy.

Stark would say you're taking yourself too seriously again Chas. Tongue

(Well, somebody's gotta channel the sleeping dragon once in a while. I've stopped thinking of this as my forum after the fuzzy media debacle. When it starts reverting to fuzzy media I will the finger not to click the link for a day a week a month, whatever's clever; it's better now. Wink )

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2017, 10:18 PM
(09-04-2017 09:19 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  
(09-04-2017 06:15 PM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  God is infinitely intelligent. She can do what she wants. So she made the universe. You can tell the universe is intelligently designed from how perfect it is. We have stuff like love, sex, fiction, music, and video games. All stuff that is intelligently designed. It's all perfect, nothing is random about the universe. It all came from a designer. If the universe didn't have a designer, then everything would be random and not make sense. Because the universe has a designer, everything makes sense.

The problem is that we recognize design by contrasting it with naturally occurring things. Also the primacy of existence tells us that the universe is ordered independently of anyone's conscious activity such as willing, wanting, thinking, praying, demanding,wishing, etc. the order is inherent in the things that exist because everything has a specific identity and acts in accordance with that identity. so there's no chance of a disorderly universe. To say that the order we observe has its source in a mind that made it that way by its will would comit the fallacy of the stolen concept.

That's a lot of problems you need to resolve before your claim can be validated, and since we have no alternative but to imagine that the order we observe was put there by a supernatural, extra-universl, invisible, magic being, you'd have to, at minimum, be able to give us a reliable method by which we could distinguish said being from something that is merely imaginary.

So you've got your work cut out for you. Get started and watch those stolen concepts.
We know the universe is infinite by it expanding into nothingness. Nothingness is infinite. Beings of all experiences can come out of nothingness. That's how God came to be.
Find all posts by this user
09-04-2017, 10:38 PM
We "know" no such thing.

All you have, slipknot, is some ludicrous mystical crap. To me at least, your ideas are utterly worthless -- not even at the level of hypothesis, not a theory, and definitely not truth in any meaningful sense of the word.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
09-04-2017, 10:43 PM
(09-04-2017 10:38 PM)Astreja Wrote:  We "know" no such thing.

All you have, slipknot, is some ludicrous mystical crap. To me at least, your ideas are utterly worthless -- not even at the level of hypothesis, not a theory, and definitely not truth in any meaningful sense of the word.
My theory of everything is true. We came from pure nothingness. Since nothingness is infinite, it means intelligent beings like God can be born out of nothingness. That's why life is so perfect.
09-04-2017, 10:49 PM
(09-04-2017 09:35 PM)Chas Wrote:  The OP is a moron or a troll and of no value to the forum even as a chew toy.

'Tis the unreason that comes with the season.

It looks to me like people are having a bit of fun with this peculiar brand of theistic moral nihilism.

Seems "mostly harmless" to me.

But granted, I was never a fan of grotesque shows either. Burlesque is more to my taste.

Yes

Sleazy, erotic and incriminating photo removed by moderator.

Ohmy

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
09-04-2017, 10:54 PM
(09-04-2017 10:43 PM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  My theory of everything is true.

Your not-even-good-enough-to-be-called-a-hypothesis is worthless, useless crap. Your indiscriminate use of the word "perfect" actually strips all meaning from the word.

Are you just using this barmy theology of yours as an excuse to not confront the real problems, real suffering and real unhappiness in the real world?

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
09-04-2017, 10:58 PM
(09-04-2017 10:54 PM)Astreja Wrote:  
(09-04-2017 10:43 PM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  My theory of everything is true.

Your not-even-good-enough-to-be-called-a-hypothesis is worthless, useless crap. Your indiscriminate use of the word "perfect" actually strips all meaning from the word.

Are you just using this barmy theology of yours as an excuse to not confront the real problems, real suffering and real unhappiness in the real world?
It's pretty simple to explain the universe. The universe came from nothing. Since nothingness is infinite, it means a God can come out of nothingness too. God gained feelings from the nothingness she's made of. Love being the strongest force of the universe.
09-04-2017, 11:06 PM
(09-04-2017 06:32 PM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  The universe is perfection

Laugh out load snort black holes Laugh out load Yeah, right. Bwahaha cancer Dodgy

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
09-04-2017, 11:07 PM
(09-04-2017 10:58 PM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  The universe came from nothing.

No evidence for this. The current best-supported theory suggests that our universe came from the expansion of highly condensed matter/energy -- which is clearly not "nothing."

Furthermore, due to the existence of quantum fluctuations (whereby particles pop in and out of existence), I have reason to suspect that there has never been pure "nothing" at any time in the past.

None of your ideas support the existence of any gods, or that "love" is a force rather than an emotion experienced by sentient beings. At some point you're going to have to do some actual research rather than just making crap up and calling it "the truth."

[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post
09-04-2017, 11:07 PM
(09-04-2017 11:06 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(09-04-2017 06:32 PM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  The universe is perfection

Laugh out load snort black holes Laugh out load Yeah, right. Bwahaha cancer Dodgy
Yes it's perfect. Nothing is beyond the grasp of God's love.