The universe only gets better

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-04-2017, 12:16 AM
RE: The universe only gets better
I see only darkness for you. There is nothing malevolent about this; it is neither good nor bad.

As for love, it exists only in living brains. Your love dies with you.

You shall never see heaven, except in your imagination.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Astreja's post
14-04-2017, 12:18 AM
(14-04-2017 12:16 AM)Astreja Wrote:  I see only darkness for you. There is nothing malevolent about this; it is neither good nor bad.

As for love, it exists only in living brains. Your love dies with you.

You shall never see heaven, except in your imagination.
That's the nature of reality. If something is malevolent in nature, the benevolent side will always beat it. So I have no fear of death. As the state of nothingness doesn't exist.
Find all posts by this user
14-04-2017, 12:22 AM

... okay, I'm going to have to take this one sentence at a time. That's how densely packed the wrong is.

(13-04-2017 11:11 PM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  The universe we live in is infinite.

Taking "the universe we live in" to mean the space-time we occupy, which apparently began with the Big Bang...

MAYBE.

In terms of time, while it seems to have a beginning, it might or might not have a clear end. A big-crunch scenario is looking increasingly unlikely. Instead, it's likely to run down with infinite expansion and heat-death through entropy.

In spacial terms, we still don't know what grand-scale spacial curvature looks like. A universe that curves in on itself in a roughly hyperspherical shape would not be infinite. However, a flat universe or one that curves away from itself would be.

So, MAYBE. Perhaps even likely. I'm feeling generous, so I'll give this one to you.

(13-04-2017 11:11 PM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  That means it only gets better.

..... what part of HEAT DEATH OF THE UNIVERSE don't you under--... okay, fair's fair, most people don't understand that.

No. No, it does not at all. This is an utter non-sequitur and completely at ends with every model of deep future we have.

(13-04-2017 11:11 PM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  You have God and her creations.

Objection. Assumes facts not in evidence.

(13-04-2017 11:11 PM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  It goes on for all of eternity and only gets better.

Restating a flawed lemma does not make it better.

(13-04-2017 11:11 PM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  So everybody has eternal life and it never gets too boring.

Infinite universe, even if it were true, would not mean infinite life for every person. Much less infinite entertainment. I don't know where you get this stuff, but it sounds like you're pulling it out of your ass, and I'm hesitant to embrace anything that I think came out of someone's ass.

(13-04-2017 11:11 PM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  Basically the universe expands into nothingness forever and condenses nothingness to be what it wants.

.... crap, do I have to start quoting individual phrases now?

.... no, I THINK I can manage this load of horse hocky in one load.

The expansion of the universe is not, in a three-dimensional sense, the expansion of a frontier of something into a wilderness of nothing. Rather, it's everything moving apart from everything else on a macro scale. But there's no one point in the universe that everything's expanding out of. There's stuff EVERYWHERE, and it's ALL expanding.

On the smaller scale (where galaxies are small), forces like gravity counteract this and things hold together. Imagine that you're standing on the surface of a huge, stretching balloon. The stretch starts to separate you from your friends. You grab hands with them and hold on tight and manage to cling together, but people further away from you can't reach and you get separated from them.

But there isn't a nothingness in this sense, and "condensing" nothing is, well, meaningless.

You could, if you strained yourself, correlate distance from the observer to time in the past. In that 4-dimensional model, we ARE seeing a wave of something driving back a frontier of nothing.... because 14 billion years ago, and 14 billion light-years away, that's the Big Bang we're seeing, and it's getting further and further away from us. So, MAYBE I could take this as poetic license. But it comes packaged with all the other crazy, so I'm thinking it's more likely to be more of the same.

Iin none of this is there any hint of intentionality, or desire, or design, or WANT. The universe isn't condensing nothing into what it wants, because the universe doesn't WANT anything.

.... what, it's 46.6 billion light years? Oh, right, expansion is accelerating.

(13-04-2017 11:11 PM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  It's cool thinking about how we are in a infinite universe.

It's cooler to look at reality based on actual evidence rather than fantasies arising from animistic thinking.
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
14-04-2017, 12:23 AM
The universe only gets better
"Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon."

-- Susan Ertz
[+] 6 users Like Rachel's post
14-04-2017, 12:24 AM
I guess this guy can't enjoy his beliefs without telling people about them.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
14-04-2017, 12:25 AM
Eternal life will be amazing when I die.
14-04-2017, 12:38 AM
Don't you get tired of repeating this drivel?

There you go, fantasizing about being dead again. If you're going to troll us, at least try and be entertaining. You're just really boring.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
[+] 2 users Like Robvalue's post
14-04-2017, 12:44 AM
(14-04-2017 12:38 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  Don't you get tired of repeating this drivel?

There you go, fantasizing about being dead again. If you're going to troll us, at least try and be entertaining. You're just really boring.
I love talking about the nature of the universe. Love is the strongest force of the universe. Basically life is love. On the cosmic scale, love is all there is.
14-04-2017, 12:52 AM
You love spamming us with your imagination. You're not here to have a sensible discussion.

[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
14-04-2017, 02:02 AM
Slipknot, if you are genuinely here to have a conversation and not proselytize you might be able to get more people to pay attention to your claims.
You can improve this by simply providing some kind of coherent argument for your claims and giving some kind of empirical evidence to support your claims. You cannot make huge claims without solid reasoning and expect to be taken seriously.
[+] 4 users Like Larai19's post