The violence isn't at all surprising…it's from offended religious folk, after all

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-12-2010, 09:27 AM
The violence isn't at all surprising…it's from offended religious folk, after all
This is genuinely screwed up. Supporting separation of church and state can get you beat up in Hawaii.

Here's the rest of the post and the video. I was genuinely disturbed by the video and infuriated.

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2010/..._surpr.php
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2010, 09:36 AM

RE: The violence isn't at all surprising…it's from offended religious folk, after all
The Christian Taliban.
Legislative Terrorism.
The true meaning of, "Pig".
This zealot example of psychotic violence and intolerance, violation of the laws of separation of church and state, is exactly what Jesus spoke against. And guess what? They hung him for it.
What we've just seen is 21st century Romans and Pharisee, acting in concert...again.
Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2010, 01:17 PM
RE: The violence isn't at all surprising…it's from offended religious folk, after all
That actually made me feel sick to my stomach. Disgusting.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
08-12-2010, 02:17 PM

(08-12-2010 01:17 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  That actually made me feel sick to my stomach. Disgusting.
What would have been (or will be, for the optimistic among us Wink) is if someone at a distance had been able to record all that transpired outside and then, finding the names of the assailants, spliced their tape and the one from inside the chamber while adding the names of the offenders in little bubbles beside themselves as they're attacking this man outside so as to later post it for all the world to see on You Tube.

Shame the zealots. Name them as they commit their offenses. Big Grin
Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2010, 10:24 PM
Quote:Shame the zealots. Name them as they commit their offenses.

RAmen!
I can't described how shocked I was to see this. It seems like all I'm hearing these days is what a downward spiral America seems to be in. I'm really considering getting out as soon as possible. This is absurd.

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-12-2010, 11:14 PM
Saw this a few days ago, absolutely ridiculous.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MindprowlerMusic
09-12-2010, 12:07 AM
This is outrageous! But here in mexico there is a lot of religious discrimination, when I was 17 years old one of my classmates asked me if I was catholic and I told him I wasn't believer in a respectful manner and he pushed and insulted me then he tried to hit me and I fought back and punched him in the face, I was like WTF!? but sadly religious zealots will go that far just because people dont think as they do, seriously, catholic zealots are not so different. Peace.

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

"La fe es patrimonio de los pendejos. (Faith is patrimony of the dumbfucks)."
-Diego Rivera
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-12-2010, 12:56 AM
The USA needs to keep the state and church seperated or it will become like Iran and those countries.
09-12-2010, 07:30 AM
Do you ever wonder how many of these types of things went completely unnoticed prior to the advent of the technology that allowed us to have video cameras with us at almost all times?

Some states are not making it against the law to film the police. Some guy in Maryland is looking at 20 years in prison for filming some cops beating a guy up. The government can read our email, listen in on our phone calls, and most every police car now has a camera on it "for your protection" but try filming the cops, who can be guilty of all kinds of abuses, and you risk going to jail? WTF?

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
09-12-2010, 09:55 AM
Quote:Some guy in Maryland is looking at 20 years in prison for filming some cops beating a guy up.
I've heard that sentences are very high in the US, but this? Even as an extreme case, it's ridiculous that it's possible, although I won't say anything else about it since I don't know the details...(WINK WINK)

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.