The women I work with...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-05-2012, 12:28 PM
The women I work with...
...at this point, I'm starting to really miss working with germanyt and other dudes. These women are driving me nuts.

This for example. Chick dentist rips out her ex's teeth for breaking up with her. Pretty crappy of her, right? Not to mention it's assault.

Well... not according to the women I work with. I'm hearing things like:

"You go girl."
"Serves him right."
"Good for her."
"I would do the same thing."
"Jail time is worth it."

Now... these women are saying this based solely on the fact that she is a woman and the victim is a man. They don't know the history. She was obviously crazy because only crazy people would do that to someone. Like seriously... TTA women... help me out with this mindset.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
01-05-2012, 01:15 PM
RE: The women I work with...
Yeah, that was definitely wrong of her and the women at your work are crazy. Are they ALL saying this or just a few? Pack mentality, much? lol. I'm curious if the gender roles in this article were switched what their reaction would be.

Sexism definitely works both ways. I'm excited for this film this spring. It's about how female's are still portrayed and treated in society and cultures and how that evolved. I think sexism (and that's what your coworkers are portraying IMO) goes both ways.
[+] 6 users Like LadyJane's post
01-05-2012, 02:16 PM
I'd gladly trade you for Switzer.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
01-05-2012, 02:23 PM
No matter what the history of those two is, the moment he comes to her as a patient she has to be a professional or send him to another dentist.
There is no justification whatsoever to do something like that...

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-05-2012, 02:58 PM
^^What Leela said.

I can't fathom how anyone can defend that dentist's actions...personally or professionally.

I have always preferred working in small offices where I am the only woman there or there are very few. I don't much care for the catty and snarky man-bashing that tends to happen in groups of women who are pissed at the world.

Not just man-bashing but I have seen them zero in on many targets. The whispers and back-stabbing and the pettiness gets on my nerves pretty quickly. I would much rather work with and socialize with men. Usually they are up front and not acting like they are still in middle school. I didn't like it then and I like it even less now.

I don't know what drives it...but it seems that if there is one crabby, miserable woman in a group of coworkers she can drag others down to her level. Everyone is trying to fit in and that seems to be a way to do it.

Sure hope I can find a job in a more male populated company like I have in the past. I prefer it to a cube farm full of bitchy women.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
01-05-2012, 02:59 PM
My teeth hurt now.

Evolve
[+] 3 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
01-05-2012, 05:15 PM
(01-05-2012 02:58 PM)Anjele Wrote:  ^^What Leela said.

I can't fathom how anyone can defend that dentist's actions...personally or professionally.

I have always preferred working in small offices where I am the only woman there or there are very few. I don't much care for the catty and snarky man-bashing that tends to happen in groups of women who are pissed at the world.

Not just man-bashing but I have seen them zero in on many targets. The whispers and back-stabbing and the pettiness gets on my nerves pretty quickly. I would much rather work with and socialize with men. Usually they are up front and not acting like they are still in middle school. I didn't like it then and I like it even less now.

I don't know what drives it...but it seems that if there is one crabby, miserable woman in a group of coworkers she can drag others down to her level. Everyone is trying to fit in and that seems to be a way to do it.

Sure hope I can find a job in a more male populated company like I have in the past. I prefer it to a cube farm full of bitchy women.
I think this still does a disservice to all people. I have met many men who are sexist pigs, who are grumpy or even catty as well, and who don't take my opinion seriously because I am a blonde female with boobs and a vagina. But not ALL men. Also, I have met crabby women who are sexist. I guess in my opinion I don't like men bashing but I don't like women bashing either. There are just some individuals who suck, male or female or any other gender, and can pull an entire group of victims who are unbeknownst to the pack (or the coined phrase mob) mentality being created. I have worked in all female groups before and sometimes it has worked brilliantly and other times horribly. IMO it depends on the personality mixes.
[+] 2 users Like LadyJane's post
01-05-2012, 07:38 PM
Remember women seem to hold their grudges much longer then men, much longer. My wife still calls herself the secratary/tresurer of the Loreena Bobbit fan club. While I am still a very loyal husband.
01-05-2012, 07:45 PM
I can hardly believe this is true as it is so outrageous.
If it is, this is a crime that should result in her losing her license, having her pay damages, and jail time.

Your beliefs do not make you a better person, your behavior does.
[+] 3 users Like Debzilla's post
01-05-2012, 08:01 PM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2012 08:04 PM by aurora.)
(01-05-2012 07:45 PM)Debzilla Wrote:  I can hardly believe this is true as it is so outrageous.
If it is, this is a crime that should result in her losing her license, having her pay damages, and jail time.
Yep, definitely what Deb said!

Hey KC, ask the women at your work what they think should happen if the role was reversed. I'd like to hear their replies.

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post