The women's march

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-01-2018, 04:35 PM
The women's march
Did you think it is only happening in cities all over the US?

EVENTS LIST
- Africa -
Accra, Ghana
Nairobi, Kenya
Abuja, Nigeria
Lagos, Nigeria
Kampala, Uganda
Lusaka, Zambia (Page Coming Soon)

- ASIA -
Beijing, China
Shanghai, China
Saipan, CNMI
Osaka, Japan
Tokyo, Japan
Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan (Page Coming Soon)
Taipei, Taiwan (Page Coming Soon)
Bangkok, Thailand

- EUROPE -
Vienna, Austria
Brussels, Belgium
Auvillar, France
Cassis, France
Grenoble, France
Lyon, France
Paris, France
Toulouse, France
Berlin, Germany
Frankfurt, Germany
Hamburg, Germany
Cologne, Germany
Heidelberg, Germany
Kaiserslautern, Germany
Munich, Germany
Athens, Greece
Florence, Italy
Milan, Italy
Rome, Italy
Luxembourg, Luxembourg
Oslo, Norway
Stavanger, Norway
Barcelona, Spain
Madrid, Spain
Seville, Spain
Valencia, Spain (Page Coming Soon)
Stockholm, Sweden
Zurich, Switzerland
Bristol, UK
London, UK (March to the Ballot)
London, UK (TimesUp Rally)
Manchester, UK (Page Coming Soon)
Sheffield, UK
Shipley, UK

- middle east -
Iraq
Erbil

- North AMERICA -
Bermuda
Bermuda

CANADA
Calgary
Fraser Valley
Hamilton
Halifax
Huntsville
Kelowna
Kingston
Kitchener
London
Montreal
Nanaimo
Ottawa
Regina
Saint John
Saskatoon
Sandy Cove
Thunder Bay
Vancouver
Victoria
Windsor
Winnipeg
Woodstock

Costa Rica
San Jose

Carribean
Saint Vincent and The Grenadines

Mexico
Ajijic, Jalisco
Oaxaca
Puerto Vallarta
San Carlos, Sonora
San Felipe
San Miguel de Allende
Todos Santos

Virgin Islands
Saint Croix

- Oceania -
AUSTRALIA
Adelaide
Ballarat (Page Coming Soon)
Brisbane
Melbourne
Sydney

FIJI
Suva

NEW ZEALAND
Wellington
Queenstown

- South America -
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Medellin, Colombia
Quito, Ecuador

If you are looking for US marches, they are too numerous to list.

https://www.womensmarch.com/

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Dom's post
20-01-2018, 05:10 PM
RE: The women's march
Trump tweeted about it:

Quote:
Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

Beautiful weather all over our great country, a perfect day for all Women to March. Get out there now to celebrate the historic milestones and unprecedented economic success and wealth creation that has taken place over the last 12 months. Lowest female unemployment in 18 years!

How deluded can he be? He is in the Whitehouse and can hear the drums beating and the chants. And the drums do not sound friendly.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
20-01-2018, 05:19 PM
(20-01-2018 05:10 PM)Dom Wrote:  Trump tweeted about it:

Quote:
Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

Beautiful weather all over our great country, a perfect day for all Women to March. Get out there now to celebrate the historic milestones and unprecedented economic success and wealth creation that has taken place over the last 12 months. Lowest female unemployment in 18 years!

How deluded can he be? He is in the Whitehouse and can hear the drums beating and the chants. And the drums do not sound friendly.

I had planned on going but I have a sinus infection and I'm not supposed to out in the cold. Pisses me off. I've gone to 3 or 4 marches in the last year. It bums me out to miss this one.

I hope trump is in the White House today but he's probably out golfing. People need to protest outside of his golf course.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
20-01-2018, 05:39 PM
(20-01-2018 05:19 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  

I had planned on going but I have a sinus infection and I'm not supposed to out in the cold. Pisses me off. I've gone to 3 or 4 marches in the last year. It bums me out to miss this one.

I hope trump is in the White House today but he's probably out golfing. People need to protest outside of his golf course.

He's sulking in the private quarters of the Whitehouse. He was supposed to be at a fundraiser dinner to celebrate his first anniversary in office in Mar-a-Lago today, but couldn't go because of the government shut down.

He can hear AND see them very well.

[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
20-01-2018, 05:40 PM
(20-01-2018 05:10 PM)Dom Wrote:  How deluded can he be? He is in the Whitehouse and can hear the drums beating and the chants. And the drums do not sound friendly.

He probably thinks they are all there to give him praise. Dodgy

Fox News: Praying Preying on ignorance since 1996.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
20-01-2018, 06:12 PM
Trump is stupid. Doesn't he know his supporters have jobs? They can't be out marching and protesting all the time. My wife is at work. My daughter is at work. My mother is at work.

"Give us more free stuff!!!" -Liberals

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
20-01-2018, 06:36 PM
(20-01-2018 06:12 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Trump is stupid. Doesn't he know his supporters have jobs? They can't be out marching and protesting all the time. My wife is at work. My daughter is at work. My mother is at work.

If all those millions protesting all over the world and the US are jobless, we have a much bigger problem. Dodgy

[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
20-01-2018, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

It's sarcasm. He thinks those marches are stupid because the economy is doing fine through very little fault of his own. He inherited a growing economy. What his attempt at a zinger fails to understand, is that people can protest for other reasons than because the economy isn't doing fine. The women's march protests are mostly tied to civil rights, with Trump pandering to people hostile to many women civil rights from pay equality, to abortion, but also to familly reunification and children care and education. In other words, Trump's comment is a attempt to distract people from the very real problem he is criticised for by presenting a positive economical situation on which he had very little time to impact negatively or positively.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
20-01-2018, 07:25 PM
(20-01-2018 06:12 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Trump is stupid. Doesn't he know his supporters have jobs? They can't be out marching and protesting all the time. My wife is at work. My daughter is at work. My mother is at work.

A lot of people have the weekend off.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
20-01-2018, 08:50 PM
(20-01-2018 07:25 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  

A lot of people have the weekend off.

Somewhat ironically, this happened because of protests, marches and demonstrations...

"The issue came to a head in 1884, after the Federation of Organized Trades and Labor Unions -- a predecessor of today’s AFL-CIO -- called for all workers to have eight-hour days by May 1, 1886. When that deadline wasn’t met, labor leaders upped the ante by calling for demonstrations. In Chicago, peaceful marches morphed into violence, with an explosion marring a rally at Haymarket Square on May 4, 1886, leaving seven police officers and four workers dead. Subsequent trials, executions and clemencies for the accused made the eight-hour week a top issue nationally and internationally."

"Demands for the five-day week began to proliferate in 1919, a year in which 4 million American workers went out on strike," said Priscilla Murolo, a professor of history at Sarah Lawrence College. "That was about 20 percent of the industrial labor force."

It took President Franklin D. Roosevelt’s signing of the Fair Labor Standards Act in 1938 for all workers to see limits on working hours -- initially 44 hours a week, then phased to 42 and eventually 40 by 1940. "When the FLSA was passed in 1938, Saturday working hours were still common," DeVault said. "Saturday noon was the most frequent ‘payday’ time."

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: beb1339cfc76b95693fe0fd59c12ec05.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like ShadowProject's post