The wondering SeaMan

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-04-2017, 11:16 PM
Information The wondering SeaMan
I'm sitting in my office that happens to be in the water some where. And for the...hell I lost count. Well once again 2155 (9:55pm) has come upon me and that familiar voice pipes on the intercom, "Stand by for the evening prayer". I fell the bones in my body begin to ache, my blood pressure is rising, and I try to force my mind into another place for the next 3 minutes. A voice begins to speak "Lord we thank you for another day... BLAH...BLAH...BLAH...Amen. Why dose this bother me so much? I know that the people around me deserve to have a prayer at night but why must I also be forced to endure the nonsense? I have to deal with this every night for at lease the next 4-6 months. But I just don't think it is right. Now don't get me wrong I feel that every one should be free to practice and believe what they want, but this evening prayer is focused on the Christian faith. So what about all the people that are not Christian do they not take offense to this? I'm really at a loss here I am asking my self every day should I bring this up to the powers above me. Do they ever think that this prayer could be offensive to some?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Counselor16's post
08-04-2017, 11:29 PM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2017 11:33 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: The wondering SeaMan
It really is fucking unconstitutional. Some day, it has to stop.
If you can, (but be very careful), could you get The Freedom From Religion Foundation or the Civil Liberties Union people involved ?
It's not like you have a choice to listen to it. Going to a worship service is different.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
09-04-2017, 12:22 AM
Because, unless you work for a Church, they have no right to force their beliefs on you, or force you to sit through and listen to their prayers over the office intercom. The work place is not a place for religion, it is a place for work. Unless they allow Satanic and Muslim and Jedi prayers to be made over the intercom, they are in violation of your rights and should be put a stop to immediately. Otherwise, they are using your work place for indoctrination and forceful religious acts which is unconstitutional.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 3 users Like Shadow Fox's post
09-04-2017, 12:22 AM
Bucky Ball -

Thank you. I may look into those things. If I remember correctly I think they were talked about on the podcast a few months back.
09-04-2017, 02:03 AM
I'm not surprised that annoys you, it would piss me off too. That's certainly against the constitution.

Why the need to stick it down everyone's throats? Don't prayers count unless lots of people know you're doing them? It's like those people who can't have fun unless they are sure lots of people are seeing and hearing them doing it.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Robvalue's post
09-04-2017, 11:44 AM
The so-called "Lord's Prayer" is recited at the beginning of every parliamentary session of the Australian Federal Government.

Some politicians now refuse to enter the Chamber until after its delivery, and one of our minor political parties is calling for its abolition—which call I totally concur with. Australia is nominally a secular federation of states, with only 61% of the population being of a Christian denomination.

A conservative politician and supporter of the prayer said: "What is wrong with this reminder that Australia is a country with a Christian heritage?"

He also said that "its opponent's insistence that the workplace was not the place to be expressing a particular faith or practice in modern multicultural Australia was discriminatory".

—Once again we have the absurd scenario of a Christian claiming discrimination against his faith by an atheist, but when that atheist claims similar discrimination by Christians, apparently he just has to put up with it? And which is yet another of the many examples of the hypocrisy, arrogance, bigotry, and ignorance of theists in general.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
09-04-2017, 03:03 PM
The wondering SeaMan
(08-04-2017 11:16 PM)Counselor16 Wrote:  I'm sitting in my office that happens to be in the water some where. And for the...hell I lost count. Well once again 2155 (9:55pm) has come upon me and that familiar voice pipes on the intercom, "Stand by for the evening prayer".

I assume that you are in the USN. If so, you are fucked because they aren't going to stop it. Not anytime soon as they are very traditional.
09-04-2017, 03:11 PM
I don't think the jews or the mossies would care, they jut think everyone else is heathens/infidels.
Just chuck your I-pod on.
09-04-2017, 03:30 PM
(09-04-2017 03:03 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(08-04-2017 11:16 PM)Counselor16 Wrote:  I'm sitting in my office that happens to be in the water some where. And for the...hell I lost count. Well once again 2155 (9:55pm) has come upon me and that familiar voice pipes on the intercom, "Stand by for the evening prayer".

I assume that you are in the USN. If so, you are fucked because they aren't going to stop it. Not anytime soon as they are very traditional.

I served in the US Navy and never experienced a prayer unless I voluntarily went to a religious service. Which I didn't go to.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
09-04-2017, 03:55 PM
The wondering SeaMan
(09-04-2017 03:30 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(09-04-2017 03:03 PM)KUSA Wrote:  I assume that you are in the USN. If so, you are fucked because they aren't going to stop it. Not anytime soon as they are very traditional.

I served in the US Navy and never experienced a prayer unless I voluntarily went to a religious service. Which I didn't go to.

I served too and I heard them.