The word - "Nigger"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-07-2016, 11:34 AM
RE: The word - "Nigger"
Well, it's entirely possible that the new word could have more sting, for whatever reason.

Given that language evolves, and that humans are wired for creativity, bigots will do their best to ensure that their favorite slurs cut deep.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-07-2016, 03:47 PM
haven't read 12 pages of this now. read the first one though. Anyway here are my two cents (or three maybe)

I personally don't care about who uses what word for whatever.
I come home almost daily and greet my husband with "Yo ma nigga" or "Hey fucker" and he will greet me back just as lovely "Hi cunt" or "Sup bitch".
It is how you use a word that counts, not the word itself.
Here another example:
Some things look faggy. Sorry but that is just a fact. There is a certain image that comes to mind when you say "faggy" and the best way to express what that thing looks like is to say "faggy". So I will say "faggy". I have gay friends who call certain other gay people "fags". It is just a word.

Yes, the word "Nigger" has a dark history and of course we should not forget history, and we should absolutely learn from it so we don't repeat mistakes. And with "we" I mean the whole human race. But guess what, all "bad words" have history.
Some specific ones have been picked for whatever superficial reason, as words that you just cannot say, they are taboo.

I have a YouTube channel and although I do use swearwords on occasion I neither beep them out nor mark those videos or the channel itself as mature content. My content is not mature content. I play fucking games, and when I get annoyed I say "fuck that cunt!". Kids say way worse things at 3 years old in Kindergarten. It doesn't matter if it is on my YouTube channel, on anybody's stream, on TV, radio, in the news papers, said on a skype call, used by a fucking teacher. Words are words and overly sensitive people need to get the fuck over it.
"I am offended" is your problem, not mine. Generally. Some things that you say might offend me deeply but why should you care?

Steve Hughes put it in the right words.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
[+] 1 user Likes Leerob's post
06-07-2016, 05:03 PM
Nigga comes off differently than nigger. I have never heard nigga used by a hick white person intended as a racial slur. (Hick - that's one for my area. Redneck and hick are probably the closest slurs if used just right would be offensive to me)

I've heard nigga used in all sorts of connotations, mostly by black people, but it doesn't carry the same sting. It's more on par with "bitch" and "hoe". Such as me meeting friends at a party with alcohol and saying, "Where my bitches at?" I'll say "sup, hoe?" to my girlfriends at work or my cousin. There's also, "I'm going to make that motherfucker my bitch!" And the obvious "Why you gotta be such a bitch?" and "Are you still sleeping with that two dollar hoe?"

Then again, most heterosexual men would get an eye raise using "bitch" and "hoe" in the forms I use them. At least in my region. Maybe. My male friends could all get away with "sup hoe?" It would be weird coming from an elderly man, though.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
06-07-2016, 05:07 PM
(05-07-2016 12:50 PM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  As a white male I just don't think it's my word to use. It's about respecting other people.

I'm a white female. I feel the same as you. And it would sound very odd coming out of my mouth.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
06-07-2016, 05:12 PM
(06-07-2016 05:03 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Nigga comes off differently than nigger. .

Yeah, this.

I think it was Chris Rock who did a bit about the words nigger and nigga. From his description of blacks using the word nigger it's apparent that it is used in a negative way. Nigga is more familiar and without the negative connotation.

Nigger comes out like a swear word where nigga doesn't.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
06-07-2016, 05:28 PM
(06-07-2016 05:03 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Nigga comes off differently than nigger. I have never heard nigga used by a hick white person intended as a racial slur.
I understand where you are coming from. My whole post basically boils down to the how a word is used and not what word is used.
If I speak about "Nigger" in a historical context, I will say the word "Nigger". But I will not walk up to a black person and right out call them a "Nigger" because I do know that it is simply not acceptable to do that and I can respect that. But even if someone did generally refer to black people as "Niggers" it is not my place to stop them, berate them, teach them, or call them out. That person will have to deal with the backlash and I have the freedom to never talk to that person again.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
[+] 1 user Likes Leerob's post
06-07-2016, 07:31 PM
Quote:Some things look faggy. Sorry but that is just a fact. There is a certain image that comes to mind when you say "faggy" and the best way to express what that thing looks like is to say "faggy". So I will say "faggy". I have gay friends who call certain other gay people "fags". It is just a word.

As a homo(sapien) I like to think I use gay slang more than the average person.
Gays tend to be too overly sensitive about that sort of thing. What? you can take a dick up the ass but you can't handle someone saying a word like 'faggot'?
Bitch please. 'Fag' or 'faggot' is a great word. It perfectly describes so many things. I mean some things are just faggy, there's really no other way to describe it.
You don't describe a dude dressed as a pink unicorn as anything but faggy because it's fucking faggy.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
06-07-2016, 07:47 PM
(06-07-2016 07:31 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:Some things look faggy. Sorry but that is just a fact. There is a certain image that comes to mind when you say "faggy" and the best way to express what that thing looks like is to say "faggy". So I will say "faggy". I have gay friends who call certain other gay people "fags". It is just a word.

As a homo(sapien) I like to think I use gay slang more than the average person.
Gays tend to be too overly sensitive about that sort of thing. What? you can take a dick up the ass but you can't handle someone saying a word like 'faggot'?
Bitch please. 'Fag' or 'faggot' is a great word. It perfectly describes so many things. I mean some things are just faggy, there's really no other way to describe it.
You don't describe a dude dressed as a pink unicorn as anything but faggy because it's fucking faggy.

Biggest fag I've ever seen.

[Image: cigarette-butt%20%283%29%5B5%5D.jpg?imgmax=800]
[+] 3 users Like Dark Wanderer's post
06-07-2016, 07:54 PM
It was never about the clustering of some letters in a certain way. It was about intent. I see people posting about the historical significance. Historical? Like last month, when my neighbor tried to justify the use of it to describe certain kinds of black people?
If you don't hear it being used in the hateful, original manner then good for you. Me, not so much. I hear it and have no use for it. True, it's just a group of letters, but the hatred associated with lives on, strong as ever.
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post