The word - "Nigger"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-07-2016, 10:59 PM
RE: Nigger
(04-07-2016 10:50 PM)Foxen Wrote:  A forum that allows for the blatant disregard of another individual to the extent that the individual feels disrespected due to the language used has no right to call itself open-minded on any subject except bigotry.
The idea that censorship is more open-minded than free speech strikes me as very Orwellian. Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 11 users Like Vosur's post
04-07-2016, 11:04 PM
(04-07-2016 10:58 PM)Foxen Wrote:  There is a right to free speech, but even it has its repercussions.

A forum has rules. If a forum allows for me to be called any name whatsoever, then I do not respect that forum for being anything except quite unintelligent.

Am I to just sit by and allowed to be ridiculed so that someone else can have free speech? That is bullying at its very core. That is not acceptable. Not in any way, shape, or form.

If you think it is okay to just spout anything, then you should ban me right now. Goodness knows I cannot personally remove my own account. Please, remove me from the idiocy of this forum.

What rule says a forum must have rules?
And besides, we do have rules. They just don't cover me not being allowed to call you a thundercunt.

That doesn't make it unintelligent. In fact I'd say it makes it more so because people have to rely on thinking about a situation and sorting it out themselves rather than crying like a little bitch to the mods. Someone calling you names? Ignore them. Grow a thicker skin. Call them names back. I don't care.
Common sense and independence is more intelligent than "mommy! he called me a poopoo head!!". Ya poo poo head.

You don't have to sit by. You don't have to take anything you don't wanna.
But said person isn't gonna be banned for it.

I think anyone has the right to say whatever they want just as they have the right to suffer the consequences of their actions.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 8 users Like earmuffs's post
04-07-2016, 11:05 PM
How quickly this has turned into an attack on the individual raising the topic, rather than addressing the topic at hand. This is the 3rd page, and only one poster actually tried to address the topic at hand.

Is this the default value around here. Are ad hominmems the default, go-to options when faced with such inquiries? Is that all you got? Insults rather than discussion?

Out of all the forums I visit, I thought this would be one where we could actually discuss this intellectually and in-depth. How disappointing.
04-07-2016, 11:05 PM
(04-07-2016 10:58 PM)Foxen Wrote:  There is a right to free speech, but even it has its repercussions.

A forum has rules. If a forum allows for me to be called any name whatsoever, then I do not respect that forum for being anything except quite unintelligent.

Am I to just sit by and allowed to be ridiculed so that someone else can have free speech? That is bullying at its very core. That is not acceptable. Not in any way, shape, or form.

If you think it is okay to just spout anything, then you should ban me right now. Goodness knows I cannot personally remove my own account. Please, remove me from the idiocy of this forum.

A grownup thing to do is just log out and not return if this thread and now the forum bothers you so much.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
04-07-2016, 11:06 PM
(04-07-2016 11:05 PM)TheBear Wrote:  How quickly this has turned into an attack on the individual raising the topic, rather than addressing the topic at hand. This is the 3rd page, and only one poster actually tried to address the topic at hand.

Is this the default value around here. Are ad hominmems the default, go-to options when faced with such inquiries? Is that all you got? Insults rather than discussion?

Out of all the forums I visit, I thought this would be one where we could actually discuss this intellectually and in-depth. How disappointing.

Well you can fuck off too than. There's the door. --->

04-07-2016, 11:07 PM
While words can be offensive the words used in this thread aren't against our forum rules.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 8 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
04-07-2016, 11:08 PM
(04-07-2016 11:07 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  While words can be offensive the words used in this thread aren't against our forum rules.

/thread

[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
04-07-2016, 11:08 PM
(04-07-2016 10:50 PM)Foxen Wrote:  Oh, I shall contribute.

A forum that allows for the blatant disregard of another individual to the extent that the individual feels disrespected due to the language used has no right to call itself open-minded on any subject except bigotry.

You are just flat out wrong! I served in my country's military to uphold the constitution. One of the rights in this country is the freedom of speech.

Shit/crap, fuck/screw. They are only words and yet some are 'acceptable' and others are not, even though they say, mean, and convey the exact same thought.

The problem is not words, it is attitude and you seem to have an attitude.

"They think, therefore I am" - god
[+] 7 users Like TechnoMonkey's post
04-07-2016, 11:09 PM
(04-07-2016 11:05 PM)TheBear Wrote:  How quickly this has turned into an attack on the individual raising the topic, rather than addressing the topic at hand. This is the 3rd page, and only one poster actually tried to address the topic at hand.

You posted the inflammatory title and then bitch about the flames.

Give it a minute, there will be a discussion.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 7 users Like evenheathen's post
04-07-2016, 11:22 PM (This post was last modified: 04-07-2016 11:28 PM by Shai Hulud.)
(04-07-2016 10:55 PM)Aliza Wrote:  No, no "k-word" nonsense. I don't think anyone would know what you mean if you said, "k-word". Most people don't even know the word "kike".

The first time I ever heard it was in grad school, and I grew up in a state which gets a bad rep for racism. So my anecdotal agreement, for what it's worth. Also never felt the urge to use it, much like the word at the center of this topic.

As for freedom of speech as a central issue...when I was in 8th grade, my hometown, where one of the Confederacy's top generals was born, elected its first African American mayor. The KKK announced it was going to hold a demonstration against him shortly after he was sworn in; thing is, they needed a permit to hold the demonstration where they wanted to, because it was city property, not for public use. A lot of folks argued they shouldn't be given a permit. He personally made sure they got it, because freedom of speech should even apply to those we disagree with, even those whose hearts hold hate of some sort that we feel is irrational. When three Klansmen came to protest, the police were there to protect them and keep the pro and anti-Klan crowds from rioting; our new mayor welcomed them to the city, and offered him his hand. They refused to shake it...and he won. He showed he was the bigger man, that he believed in all the sorts of freedoms they would normally try to use to recruit people in the mostly-being-rebranded Klan, and that he was not afraid.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 17 users Like Shai Hulud's post