The world’s first Self-Driving Ubers are now on the road in the Steel City.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-09-2016, 02:22 PM
RE: The world’s first Self-Driving Ubers are now on the road in the Steel City.
(16-09-2016 09:09 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  We've had self driving trains for decades, and planes fly themselves for most of their time in the air.

It's less of an obstacle course in the sky. Fewer degrees of freedom on rail tracks.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-09-2016, 02:38 PM
You guys sound like a bunch of old fogies. Rolleyes Laugh out load I'd love to have a self driving car. Also, this would be great for the elderly who drive to the supermarket once a week for groceries or occasionally some place else. They'd still have some independence.

Someone I know has a self driving car. You can program it to keep a certain distance from other cars on the freeway. It's amazing. It finds a parking space and parks itself in the crowded downtown Portland area.

Bring it on!!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
16-09-2016, 02:41 PM
(16-09-2016 04:53 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Great! Another reason to avoid driving in Pittsburgh like the black plague!

Great for the technology, but seriously, it's one of the worst cities to drive around in. Probably why it's a great test case, because you'd be hard pressed to find a more archaic road layout in a major metropolis.

I think it's more likely because Pittsburgh is one of the technology hotspots for robotics research.

#sigh
16-09-2016, 10:15 PM
(16-09-2016 02:41 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(16-09-2016 04:53 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Great! Another reason to avoid driving in Pittsburgh like the black plague!

Great for the technology, but seriously, it's one of the worst cities to drive around in. Probably why it's a great test case, because you'd be hard pressed to find a more archaic road layout in a major metropolis.

I think it's more likely because Pittsburgh is one of the technology hotspots for robotics research.

[Image: 1024px-Carnegie_Mellon_University_seal.svg.png]

Well, yeah, there is that too. I was a dumbass and instead became an art major. We had a much cooler building though.

[Image: T-Rex-outside-Art-Institute-in-Batman-ca...909438.jpg]

That is a T-Rex statue, sticking out of the front of the building and dressed up like Batman, during the filming of The Dark Knight Rises.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post