The world’s tallest and fastest giga coaster is about to open to the public.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-03-2015, 06:17 AM
RE: The world’s tallest and fastest giga coaster is about to open to the public.
The Barf Master ..er, Batman. coming to San Antonio.

this looks like fun, but it would make me hurl and give me a migraine for the rest of the day. My 9 year old daughter would love it.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
16-03-2015, 06:47 AM
RE: The world’s tallest and fastest giga coaster is about to open to the public.
So... I watched the movie. No need to ride it any more Smartass

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
30-07-2015, 07:26 PM
Well, Carowinds did it. There will be no last minute stay of execution for the classic wooden coaster, Thunder Road. This was my first coaster. I spent every summer since I was a kid riding that coaster. It was my favorite despite getting rougher with age (the coaster's AND mine!). There aren't many wooden coasters left, and now there is one fewer. I got to ride on the last day. Whatever they are doing to it, I hope it is finished before I go back to the park with my nephew in a few weeks. I just don't think I could bear to watch it in the process of demolition. The bastards!

http://www.thestate.com/news/local/article28829218.html
30-07-2015, 09:22 PM
Not. A. Chance. In. Hell.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
30-07-2015, 09:42 PM
(30-07-2015 07:26 PM)beeglez Wrote:  Well, Carowinds did it. There will be no last minute stay of execution for the classic wooden coaster, Thunder Road. This was my first coaster. I spent every summer since I was a kid riding that coaster. It was my favorite despite getting rougher with age (the coaster's AND mine!). There aren't many wooden coasters left, and now there is one fewer. I got to ride on the last day. Whatever they are doing to it, I hope it is finished before I go back to the park with my nephew in a few weeks. I just don't think I could bear to watch it in the process of demolition. The bastards!

http://www.thestate.com/news/local/article28829218.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant_Dipper

This one is still around. It's almost a hundred. Yes

It was my first roller coaster.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
30-07-2015, 10:12 PM
I can't see the vid, OP, what's the name of the ride, goddamnit?

Son and I went up to Six Flags Over Texas last week, did three gnarly coasters and a few other mellow rails. They don't have enough rides in that park, Fiesta Texas in San Antonio is better, but Titan and the New Texas Giant are both badass coasters.

Titan:

The New Texas Giant -- skip forward to 1:22 to get past Billy Joe Robbie Bob's introduction:

We screamed our brains out ... with good reason.
30-07-2015, 10:12 PM
Soooo...couldn't watch the video. "Video does not exist."

Between my back, fear of heights, and motion sickness... doubt I'll be riding anymore roller coasters. Last one I rode I had to grip the broken safety bar holding on for dear life and press my legs against the seat in front of me and force my back against my seat to keep from flying out. Was scary. Too scary. Not fun scary. I'll get my adrenaline kicks elsewhere. Thank you Six Flags over Georgia for that less than enjoyable experience.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
30-07-2015, 10:38 PM
(30-07-2015 10:12 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Soooo...couldn't watch the video. "Video does not exist."

Between my back, fear of heights, and motion sickness... doubt I'll be riding anymore roller coasters. Last one I rode I had to grip the broken safety bar holding on for dear life and press my legs against the seat in front of me and force my back against my seat to keep from flying out. Was scary. Too scary. Not fun scary. I'll get my adrenaline kicks elsewhere. Thank you Six Flags over Georgia for that less than enjoyable experience.

What was that coaster? Must ride!
30-07-2015, 10:39 PM (This post was last modified: 31-07-2015 09:11 AM by Thumpalumpacus.)
Ah, got it.
30-07-2015, 11:05 PM (This post was last modified: 30-07-2015 11:28 PM by cactus.)
I got to go on Fury325 a couple of weeks ago. The line was a lot shorter than it looked. We got in about half a dozen rides at night before closing, and the longest we had to wait was like 10 minutes. This ride kicks some serious bootaytay, especially in the back seat, and makes Intimidator feel like a kiddie ride in comparison. Too bad they don't let you pick your own seat, even when there's practically no one waiting in line. Whoever came up with that dumb policy needs to be kicked in the shins, lol.

Also, I'm sorry Nurse, but I'm extremely skeptical of your Six Flags story. News report link or it didn't happen Tongue
Every time someone tells me about a park they visited, they always seem to have a "broken lapbar and holding on for dear life" story. I'd put my finger on "fallibility of human cognition when trying to recall the events of a stressful situation" over "literal near-death experience" any day. (unless you're referring to that awful, AWFUL ride "Ninja", in which case I believe you if you say you almost died. That ride is literally Satan incarnate, and would provide a more enjoyable experience rusting away in a landfill than it does sitting in its current location Laugh out load )

...They say that on a windy day, you can hear their screams of pain from all the way in downtown Atlanta:

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?