The world disagrees with the Cuban Embargo.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-11-2013, 06:40 PM
RE: The world disagrees with the Cuban Embargo.
(15-11-2013 06:34 PM)Question Wrote:  The US has always used containment as a way to try and solve issues. (Slavery - NW Ordinance, Missouri Compromise) Within the Cold War the US wanted to contain such political problems such as Communism so it wouldn't spread.
The US will never promote communism in any way, so as long as Cuba has political turmoil, it will always be embargoed. I actually side with the US on this, but only due to the unlikely way the two countries could ever collaborate.
You see, the US doesn't like Cuba.
http://jasonpoblete.com/2008/08/04/us-cl...er-beware/
(83% of Americans in '08 dislike Castro)

While the ban may be widely disliked, US politics tend to be against it. (Although I know Obama and Hillary made public announcements to unlift the ban)

Containment? You don't think it's punishing a country for choosing a political system not liked by the U.S.?

What are they trying to contain in 2013?????
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-11-2013, 06:42 PM
(15-11-2013 06:40 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(15-11-2013 06:34 PM)Question Wrote:  The US has always used containment as a way to try and solve issues. (Slavery - NW Ordinance, Missouri Compromise) Within the Cold War the US wanted to contain such political problems such as Communism so it wouldn't spread.
The US will never promote communism in any way, so as long as Cuba has political turmoil, it will always be embargoed. I actually side with the US on this, but only due to the unlikely way the two countries could ever collaborate.

While the ban may be widely disliked, US politics tend to be against it. (Although I know Obama and Hillary made public announcements to unlift the ban)

Containment? You don't think it's punishing a country for choosing a political system not liked by the U.S.?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuban_Democracy_Act
Perhaps you should do research about your topics before you post your opinion on them.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
15-11-2013, 06:43 PM
(15-11-2013 06:40 PM)I and I Wrote:  

Do you believe that nations have sovereign right to conduct their political system in the way they want to?
[+] 1 user Likes I and I's post
15-11-2013, 06:45 PM
(15-11-2013 06:43 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(15-11-2013 06:40 PM)I and I Wrote:  Containment? You don't think it's punishing a country for choosing a political system not liked by the U.S.?

Do you believe that nations have sovereign right to conduct their political system in the way they want to?

Yes.
Such in the way the US can invoke a embargo on it. They have the right to interact with them, or not if they chose too. I already know your argument, but I already talked about it in my original post.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
15-11-2013, 06:53 PM
(15-11-2013 06:42 PM)Question Wrote:  
(15-11-2013 06:40 PM)I and I Wrote:  Containment? You don't think it's punishing a country for choosing a political system not liked by the U.S.?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuban_Democracy_Act
Perhaps you should do research about your topics before you post your opinion on them.

Perhaps you should explain what in 2013 is the purpose of an embargo on Cuba. Your answer was an excuse from 40 years ago, which is not what I asked. Maybe if you do some research you will see that the containment policy was bullshit 40 years ago.

The US is inhibiting attempting to, other nations from trading with Cuba, this is different than merely a choice to not trade with Cuba. This is actively choking a people and their economy.

This is necessary in 2013 because? Is Cuba going to build am army and invade the US?
15-11-2013, 06:54 PM
(15-11-2013 06:43 PM)I and I Wrote:  

I&I is right, the US has no right to interfere with Cuba's government unless it becomes aggressive. Communism 'needs to be contained' because it's dangerous to the aristocracy. They don't like Chavez either, and they overthrew Salvador Allende who was a rightfully elected official.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-11-2013, 06:56 PM
(15-11-2013 06:53 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(15-11-2013 06:42 PM)Question Wrote:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuban_Democracy_Act

Perhaps you should explain what in 2013 is the purpose of an embargo on Cuba. Your answer was an excuse from 40 years ago, which is not what I asked. Maybe if you do some research you will see that the containment policy was bullshit 40 years ago.

The US is inhibiting attempting to, other nations from trading with Cuba, this is different than merely a choice to not trade with Cuba. This is actively choking a people and their economy.

This is necessary in 2013 because? Is Cuba going to build am army and invade the US?

Quote:The US has always used containment as a way to try and solve issues. (Slavery - NW Ordinance, Missouri Compromise) Within the Cold War the US wanted to contain such political problems such as Communism so it wouldn't spread.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuba#Govern...d_politics
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuban_Democ...of_the_Act
Already talked about it. Already linked to it. Already explained it.

15-11-2013, 06:59 PM (This post was last modified: 15-11-2013 07:04 PM by Question.)
(15-11-2013 06:54 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  
(15-11-2013 06:43 PM)I and I Wrote:  Do you believe that nations have sovereign right to conduct their political system in the way they want to?

I&I is right, the US has no right to interfere with Cuba's government unless it becomes aggressive. Communism 'needs to be contained' because it's dangerous to the aristocracy. They don't like Chavez either, and they overthrew Salvador Allende who was a rightfully elected official.

They don't have the rights to force other countries to stop trade, something I disagree with the Cuban Democracy Act, but truthfully I don't think the politicians of today would ever try to enforce that. Though it does boggle my mind they won't modify the act to remove that bit. (I mean, could you imagine Obama stopping trade with countries that buy a lot of our exports? They wouldn't dare, not after 2008.)

15-11-2013, 07:04 PM
(15-11-2013 06:59 PM)Question Wrote:  
(15-11-2013 06:54 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  I&I is right, the US has no right to interfere with Cuba's government unless it becomes aggressive. Communism 'needs to be contained' because it's dangerous to the aristocracy. They don't like Chavez either, and they overthrew Salvador Allende who was a rightfully elected official.

They don't have the rights to force other countries to stop trade, something I disagree with the Cuban Democracy Act, but truthfully I don't think the politicians of today would ever try to enforce that. Though it does boggle my mind they won't modify the act to remove that bit.

Do you think the US wants democracy in Cuba?
15-11-2013, 07:05 PM
(15-11-2013 07:04 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(15-11-2013 06:59 PM)Question Wrote:  They don't have the rights to force other countries to stop trade, something I disagree with the Cuban Democracy Act, but truthfully I don't think the politicians of today would ever try to enforce that. Though it does boggle my mind they won't modify the act to remove that bit.

Do you think the US wants democracy in Cuba?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuban_Democ...of_the_Act