The worst. Episode. Ever.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-11-2010, 05:35 AM
The worst. Episode. Ever.
I just watched the Penn and Teller's episode on global warming and it was bullshit. They didn't attack global warming or try to disprove it, they went out for Al Gore (not a scientist) and for those who use green guilt to make money. They had a weatherman with a diagram suggesting that it's the sun, but that contradicts observation. And they believe that the climate can handle 3% CO2 rise in a small amount of time, which is not a small rise, although the percent is low.

At least Penn admitted in the end that he doesn't know. Then why did he do the show without getting into the subject? He always tells others to do their homework.

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2010, 07:07 AM
RE: The worst. Episode. Ever.
Quote:I just watched the Penn and Teller's episode on global warming and it was bullshit.

I lol'd at the pun, whether it was intentional or not. Tongue

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-11-2010, 08:25 AM
(05-11-2010 05:35 AM)Kikko Wrote:  They didn't attack global warming or try to disprove it

Why would they? Huh

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
05-11-2010, 04:32 PM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2010 04:36 PM by Kikko.)
(05-11-2010 08:25 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(05-11-2010 05:35 AM)Kikko Wrote:  They didn't attack global warming or try to disprove it

Why would they? Huh

When there's a show called ''bullshit'' on global warming, one can easily assume it to be mostly on global warming(like I did), so I pointed it out.
There wasn't arguments for human-caused global warming, but there were arguments against it, and they were pretty much left unhandled (just like the guy in the one episode who said that human-driven mass-extinction is complete baloney got away with it), so it seems that global warming was shown in a slightly (pseudo-)sceptical way.

LeviTimes Wrote:I lol'd at the pun, whether it was intentional or not. Tongue
50/50. By the way, there's a fell named ''Levi'', it's one of the most known and largest ski resorts in Finland.

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
05-11-2010, 09:57 PM

Everything Penn & Teller talk about on "Bullshit", is Bullshit. Hence the name. Wink
Quote this message in a reply