The worst argument against a Archaeopteryx

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-03-2014, 06:00 PM
The worst argument against a Archaeopteryx
I remember the one day my dad and I had a debate on 9/11 being a inside job. However the debate went to the fact that geocentrism is true because the bible says so then went to evolution. When I showed him archeopteryx he tried to dismiss it by saying it was a painting. When he realized it wasn't I told him its theropod traits like the fact archaeopteryx is a land dwelling bird with the neck at the back of the head instead of the base like other non aquatic birds. He then went to say "well it just broke its neck." FacepalmFacepalmFacepalmFacepalmFacepalmFacepalm Never again will a hear such a horrible argument against a fossil EVER!!!!!!

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-03-2014, 12:47 AM
RE: The worst argument against a Archaeopteryx
(12-03-2014 06:00 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  He then went to say "well it just broke its neck." FacepalmFacepalmFacepalmFacepalmFacepalmFacepalm Never again will a hear such a horrible argument against a fossil EVER!!!!!!

He's your dad, so I wouldn't count that out quite yet. Tongue

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
13-03-2014, 12:48 AM
(12-03-2014 06:00 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  I remember the one day my dad and I had a debate on 9/11 being a inside job. However the debate went to the fact that geocentrism is true because the bible says so then went to evolution. When I showed him archeopteryx he tried to dismiss it by saying it was a painting. When he realized it wasn't I told him its theropod traits like the fact archaeopteryx is a land dwelling bird with the neck at the back of the head instead of the base like other non aquatic birds. He then went to say "well it just broke its neck." FacepalmFacepalmFacepalmFacepalmFacepalmFacepalm Never again will a hear such a horrible argument against a fossil EVER!!!!!!

"Well, don'tcha know that them fossiles was jsut made up to fool us?"

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
13-03-2014, 01:17 AM
(13-03-2014 12:48 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(12-03-2014 06:00 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  I remember the one day my dad and I had a debate on 9/11 being a inside job. However the debate went to the fact that geocentrism is true because the bible says so then went to evolution. When I showed him archeopteryx he tried to dismiss it by saying it was a painting. When he realized it wasn't I told him its theropod traits like the fact archaeopteryx is a land dwelling bird with the neck at the back of the head instead of the base like other non aquatic birds. He then went to say "well it just broke its neck." FacepalmFacepalmFacepalmFacepalmFacepalmFacepalm Never again will a hear such a horrible argument against a fossil EVER!!!!!!

"Well, don'tcha know that them fossiles was jsut made up to fool us?"

[Image: down_the_rabbit_hole4.jpg]

And down the rabbit hole we go! Tongue

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
13-03-2014, 07:49 AM
Be glad you don't have to deal with "relativity isn't true because quarks travel faster than light."
13-03-2014, 07:52 AM
Your dad sure knows how to get around you with an argument. He, he, he

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
13-03-2014, 03:12 PM
(13-03-2014 07:52 AM)Dee Wrote:  Your dad sure knows how to get around you with an argument. He, he, he

More like an excuse. I love the guy but damn that was a bad excuse.

13-03-2014, 03:16 PM
(12-03-2014 06:00 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  He then went to say "well it just broke its neck." FacepalmFacepalmFacepalmFacepalmFacepalmFacepalm Never again will a hear such a horrible argument against a fossil EVER!!!!!!

Rigormortis is the reason the neck looks "broken"; as the muscles contract they pull on the head and neck.

Don't face palm yourself too hard...you'll end up looking the same way Big Grin

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
13-03-2014, 03:24 PM
(13-03-2014 03:16 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  

Rigormortis is the reason the neck looks "broken"; as the muscles contract they pull on the head and neck.

Don't face palm yourself too hard...you'll end up looking the same way Big Grin

Its not that he said the neck is broken, but he said that the neck broke from the base of the head and then attached its self magically to the back of the head, 7 times.Facepalm

13-03-2014, 04:44 PM
(13-03-2014 03:24 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Its not that he said the neck is broken, but he said that the neck broke from the base of the head and then attached its self magically to the back of the head, 7 times.Facepalm

Gasp OK...go ahead and faceplam as hard as you like...Facepalm Laughat

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce