"The worst is death, and death will have his day..."

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-03-2014, 08:34 AM
"The worst is death, and death will have his day..."
... and in so many different ways, too.

This is just too awesome to chuck into an existing thread, so, without further ado (about nothing... well, sorry, we all knew it was inevitable! Rolleyes ): the deaths in Shakespeare!

[Image: bj559elqxtqeigfk7llp.jpg]

I think Iras and Antigonus are my favourite (the latter, because of Wodehouse Blush ). Oh, and Tamora and the pies. [Image: thEmoticon-Pie.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Vera's post
03-03-2014, 08:43 AM
RE: "The worst is death, and death will have his day..."
when my 2nd child was a newborn and Child #1 was 2....I thought most days I would "go" the way of Lady MacBeth.

felt kinda like a mix between HoboEvil_monsterSadcryfaceSadcryface2

so glad we are past that stage.

Be excellent to each other and party on, Dudes!
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
03-03-2014, 09:50 PM
Stab stab stab stabby stab stab.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
04-03-2014, 10:45 AM
Man, having your limbs severed before the rest of you is thrown into a fire is terrible...

...ly brilliant! What a horrible way to go!
04-03-2014, 10:19 PM
(03-03-2014 08:34 AM)Vera Wrote:  ... and in so many different ways, too.

This is just too awesome to chuck into an existing thread, so, without further ado (about nothing... well, sorry, we all knew it was inevitable! Rolleyes ): the deaths in Shakespeare!

[Image: bj559elqxtqeigfk7llp.jpg]

I think Iras and Antigonus are my favourite (the latter, because of Wodehouse Blush ). Oh, and Tamora and the pies. [Image: thEmoticon-Pie.gif]

Ha! My husband teaches Shakespeare and is in a local Shakespeare acting troupe. He's acted in every one of those productions except Antony and Cleopatra. Last year he was Caesar in Julius Caesar and after he was stabbed and beaten and carried off stage he quickly changed costumes, put on a beard and came out as Cinna the Poet, was then promptly torn to shreds by an angry mob. He came home bruised and hurtin' every night.

I'll send him this poster. He'll love it.

"If things aren't funny anymore then they're exactly what they are and life is just one long dental appointment interrupted occasionally by something exciting like waiting or falling asleep" Jason Robards in A Thousand Clowns
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
05-03-2014, 06:16 AM
Tartarus, at least it's stabbing, not poking Angel

(03-03-2014 08:43 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  when my 2nd child was a newborn and Child #1 was 2....I thought most days I would "go" the way of Lady MacBeth.

I so know the feeling. Only, with me it's books. The worst (even though now is a second close) was when I had a day job and would translate at night and sleep for two-three hours a night for months.

I remember once wanting to take a short nap late in the evening so I slept on my knees (leaning on the bed, obviously), thinking it's so uncomfortable, I'd wake up in a bit. Slept for three hours straight.

Favourite bit was once when I sitting in front of the computer, trying to work, next thing I know, there's a word typed on the screen, that I don't remember typing and that has nothing to do with my book (I think it was "regiment"). Must have dozed off for a second with my eyes open and all Rolleyes

(04-03-2014 10:19 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Ha! My husband teaches Shakespeare and is in a local Shakespeare acting troupe.

Then you should show him this:

"Joe Public loves the ghost; he loves the swordfights; he loves the crazy chick in the see-through dress who does the flower gags and then drowns herself. But no-one likes Hamlet — no-one."

(Can't say I'm sorry we've lost the tap dance at the end of Othello, but would have loved to hear the avocado monologue in King Lear.)

Oh, and this, if he also acts. This is brilliant on so many levels. Have seen it so many times and still laugh out loud every time. The mad king hatching an egg, indeed! Big Grin

05-03-2014, 08:10 AM
Was that Hugh Laurie (Dr House), in the first video?

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
05-03-2014, 08:14 AM
(05-03-2014 08:10 AM)War Horse Wrote:  Was that Hugh Laurie (Dr House), in the first video?

Yes.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
07-03-2014, 12:35 PM
(03-03-2014 08:43 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  when my 2nd child was a newborn and Child #1 was 2....I thought most days I would "go" the way of Lady MacBeth.

felt kinda like a mix between HoboEvil_monsterSadcryfaceSadcryface2

so glad we are past that stage.

YES! Evil_monster Hobo Weeping is right! My kids are also two years apart and at one point I was so exhausted and tired I could hardly stand up. One afternoon when the newborn was sleeping but my two year old was tearing around the house and refusing to take a nap I gave my two year old a few drops of baby Tylenol which made him sleep so I could sleep too. He wasn't sick, mind you. I just needed some damn sleep. We never had any extended family near by so my husband and I were doing it alone.

"If things aren't funny anymore then they're exactly what they are and life is just one long dental appointment interrupted occasionally by something exciting like waiting or falling asleep" Jason Robards in A Thousand Clowns
07-04-2014, 06:36 AM
Kinda appropriate, seeing as most (of not all) of my Shakespeare comes/came in the from of plays, retold for kids by Mary and somebody else something (think they might have been married). Am not even ashamed. Sometimes life's too short. Drinking Beverage

[Image: ?format=750w]

[Image: ?format=300w]

[Image: ?format=300w]

[Image: 20131213-S-ShakespeareanCrossDressers.jpg?format=750w]

[Image: 20131230-S-NewYearsResolutions-01.jpg?format=750w]