"The worst is death, and death will have his day..."

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-12-2014, 07:15 AM
RE: "The worst is death, and death will have his day..."
(10-12-2014 02:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  "Is second childishness and mere oblivion,
Sans teeth, sans eyes, sans taste, sans everything."

Isn’t god just the bestest, giving us so many wonderful things to look forward to in our old age! Dodgy

“amid cherry blossoms
he's plain as dirt...
old man”

(There’s one about a sumo wrestler growing old… but I won’t… because I think I already have, quite some time ago ;-))

But you know I really can’t help myself, so… all this reminds me of a wonderful song I really, really love. It’s called The Clock of Time and he sings about sitting in his garden, watching the birds fly above his head and thinking of how time passes, about childhood and youth flowing away like the water from a fountain, so clear and so far distant already, and about evening drawing near, with its hours of sadness, like an oil lamp, whose flame trembles with the smallest draught… and ends with the singer telling Death not to hurry with its reaping or remind him of the bad times, and that even now, he sometimes has the heart of a twenty-year-old. Of course it’s much more beautiful in the original language (which, btw, is Corsican. Closely related, of course, to Italian, not French.)

(10-12-2014 11:04 PM)The Drake Wrote:  This is proof of why you don't bring a knife to a gunfight, unless you're Bill "Fucking" Shakespeare.

Or a bear. This way you also have someone to cuddle with… or eat, if push comes to shove Angel

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
11-12-2014, 08:09 AM
(10-12-2014 09:40 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  This is what I envisioned...... or at least something very similar.

I like Tom Hiddleston's portrayal.

11-12-2014, 03:38 PM
(10-12-2014 09:43 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I wanted to add, Girly, that my husband, who's an actor and does Shakespeare all the time, did this speech at my mothers funeral. She loved this piece. It was her favorite.

My son lived in Ashland OR while going to school. Ashland holds a Shakespeare festival every summer which is world renowned. Has your hubby done Ashland? I mght've seen him.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.