The worst thing about being an atheist is...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-06-2015, 03:54 PM (This post was last modified: 30-06-2015 04:09 PM by sounsure.)
The worst thing about being an atheist is...
I’m making this thread for anyone who wants to share what they think is the worst part about being an atheist.

To me, the worst thing is that the religious nuts have this smug self-satisfaction that one day (when we’re all dead) they will be proven right, and atheists will realize (while we’re burning in hell) that we were wrong. Laughat For all eternity we will cry, if only I had listened Sadcryface2

Atheists do not get that. We know when they die they are dead and will never learn that they were wrong because they are no longer in existence Weeping
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes sounsure's post
30-06-2015, 04:00 PM
RE: The worst thing about being an atheist is...
No Sunday pot luck dinners.

#sigh
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post
30-06-2015, 04:02 PM
(30-06-2015 03:54 PM)sounsure Wrote:  Atheists do not get that. We know when they die they are dead and will never learn that they were wrong because they are no longer in existence Weeping

There are some individuals that have made me, in my weaker moments, wish that there was just long enough of an afterlife for them to realize they were wrong. Or one in which the gods rewarded critical thinking and believers were just mocked forever for being so gullible.

If I had to pick the worst thing, it'd be knowing that I'm going to die not knowing all the things I'd like to have the time to learn and not having had time to do all the things I'd like to do.

On the other hand, the best thing is that I'm pretty certain I won't be stuck for eternity bowing and scraping to the immoral monster that is the Christian god, or any other god for that matter.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
30-06-2015, 04:13 PM
I sometimes miss the smug certainty of knowing I worship the right god, and the belief in cosmic justice, and the comforting, but insane, idea that praying for people is doing a positive action for them.

The worst part about being an atheist is how crazy-upset it makes some people in my family, so much that I have to limit my contact with them. An agree to disagree can be hard to achieve.
30-06-2015, 04:13 PM
(30-06-2015 04:00 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  No Sunday pot luck dinners.

Oh, I don't know, I mean...how often can you eat green bean casserole...

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
30-06-2015, 04:16 PM
(30-06-2015 04:00 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  No Sunday pot luck dinners.

Those cheesy potato dishes... Mmm
30-06-2015, 04:33 PM
I think for me it was the realization that I would not see family and friends again in heaven.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
30-06-2015, 04:36 PM
Seriously...I think the worst things are the misconceptions that religious people have about us.

We have no morals or ethics.
We don't care about other people.

Things like that. They don't seem to realize that we are just like they are in many ways. Just people trying to live our lives.

The religious shit about not going to heaven and all that doesn't bother me a bit. It's all BS anyway.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 6 users Like Anjele's post
30-06-2015, 04:37 PM
When people hear "atheist" they think they have all the info they need. They have me all figured out.
[+] 5 users Like pablo's post
30-06-2015, 04:43 PM
Lying to my mom so she doesn't cry about her little boy going to hell.

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 5 users Like Can_of_Beans's post