The worst thing about being an atheist is...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-06-2015, 05:43 PM
RE: The worst thing about being an atheist is...
(30-06-2015 05:40 PM)sounsure Wrote:  I'm new and I guess I picked the wrong place to post something looking for smart ass answers. Forgive my laps. Not only am I new to these forums, these are the first chat room/forums that I've ever participated in. I'm 29 and probably should know how to navigate these types of things, but alas chat rooms were of the devil growing up so I'm at the skill level of an 86 year old woman with this...

Nah, you're alright.

Remember, atheists are like herding cats.

Although this should probably be in another section. The moderators will take care of it. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
30-06-2015, 05:56 PM
(30-06-2015 05:40 PM)sounsure Wrote:  I'm new and I guess I picked the wrong place to post something looking for smart ass answers. Forgive my laps. Not only am I new to these forums, these are the first chat room/forums that I've ever participated in. I'm 29 and probably should know how to navigate these types of things, but alas chat rooms were of the devil growing up so I'm at the skill level of an 86 year old woman with this...

No worries! We'll help you navigate your way around.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
30-06-2015, 06:04 PM
(30-06-2015 05:43 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Nah, you're alright.

Remember, atheists are like herding cats.

Makes sense. My cat is an atheist, too.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
30-06-2015, 06:45 PM
When people say they will pray for me. Its the worst thing anyone can say when all I am needing is acknowledgement of my emotions, and perhaps some support. Do they really think that is going to make me feel better?
[+] 2 users Like Purplerose's post
30-06-2015, 06:49 PM
(30-06-2015 06:45 PM)Purplerose Wrote:  When people say they will pray for me. Its the worst thing anyone can say when all I am needing is acknowledgement of my emotions, and perhaps some support. Do they really think that is going to make me feel better?

I think they often sincerely do. There is a guy on FB who also has cancer and we PM each other. He always ends with "You're in my prayers". I always wish him good luck. Does luck exist? I think not. But sometimes these are simply social graces.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
30-06-2015, 06:50 PM
(30-06-2015 04:43 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  Lying to my mom so she doesn't cry about her little boy going to hell.

This is the worst of it for me, except I would extend it to the whole of my family. To make it worse, I would be surprised if my mom doesn't already know.

The next worst would have to be watching people, especially those we know personally, work hard at something, achieve- or exceed- their goal, & ignore all of their efforts to thank a god that never made any tangible contributions. I have no patience for a worldview that abolishes all of the achievements humanity has, & can, produce(d).
[+] 5 users Like 7R0MM3L's post
30-06-2015, 06:57 PM
(30-06-2015 06:50 PM)7R0MM3L Wrote:  
(30-06-2015 04:43 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  Lying to my mom so she doesn't cry about her little boy going to hell.

This is the worst of it for me, except I would extend it to the whole of my family. To make it worse, I would be surprised if my mom doesn't already know.

The next worst would have to be watching people, especially those we know personally, work hard at something, achieve- or exceed- their goal, & ignore all of their efforts to thank a god that never made any tangible contributions. I have no patience for a worldview that abolishes all of the achievements humanity has, & can, produce(d).

Much in line with this - people who have a medical issue and doctors, nurses, and techs pull them though and the thanks go to an imaginary god. Seems to be a slap in the face for all the hard work, dedication, and scientific research done by real live people.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 8 users Like Anjele's post
30-06-2015, 07:00 PM
(30-06-2015 06:57 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Much in line with this - people who have a medical issue and doctors, nurses, and techs pull them though and the thanks go to an imaginary god. Seems to be a slap in the face for all the hard work, dedication, and scientific research done by real live people.

Absolutely! I have seen this very often. And the medical staff hate it!

Banjo.
30-06-2015, 07:00 PM
You know what really sucks about being an atheist, 20 different babies in the refrigerator, and yet there's still nothing to eat.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 4 users Like cactus's post
30-06-2015, 07:01 PM
(30-06-2015 07:00 PM)cactus Wrote:  You know what really sucks about being an atheist, 20 different babies in the refrigerator, and yet there's still nothing to eat.

They take so long to defrost!

Banjo.