The worst thing about being an atheist is...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-07-2015, 08:39 PM
RE: The worst thing about being an atheist is...
Realizing that the majority of my friends and family are deluded and will go to extreme measures of hate to defend an imaginary idea against an opportunity of real love and friendship.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
03-07-2015, 09:20 PM
Realizing that many people suffer without reward, and many are rewarded for making people suffer.
[+] 1 user Likes Philanthropic Misanthrope's post
03-07-2015, 10:04 PM
The long hours.
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post
03-07-2015, 11:24 PM
The "incredible pain" of knowing that "believers" are delusional despite their apparent sanity.

The second mouse gets the cheese.
[+] 2 users Like The Drake's post
04-07-2015, 02:08 AM
If you are a christian, you don't have to justify why you believe in a sky wizard, talking snakes and that ghosts can impregnate virgins whereas if you don't believe in any of that nonsense, you do have to justify why you don't believe.

"It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world" - Lola (The Kinks).

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
[+] 3 users Like god has no twitter account's post
04-07-2015, 02:21 AM (This post was last modified: 04-07-2015 02:28 AM by god has no twitter account.)
Knowing that all of my friends will go to heaven when they die whereas I'll be going to hell.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
[+] 1 user Likes god has no twitter account's post
04-07-2015, 04:03 AM
(30-06-2015 03:54 PM)sounsure Wrote:  I’m making this thread for anyone who wants to share what they think is the worst part about being an atheist.

To me, the worst thing is that the religious nuts have this smug self-satisfaction that one day (when we’re all dead) they will be proven right, and atheists will realize (while we’re burning in hell) that we were wrong. Laughat For all eternity we will cry, if only I had listened Sadcryface2

Atheists do not get that. We know when they die they are dead and will never learn that they were wrong because they are no longer in existence Weeping

The worst thing about being an atheist: fewer tax exemption opportunities.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 5 users Like Free Thought's post
04-07-2015, 07:04 PM
(04-07-2015 02:21 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  Knowing that all of my friends will go to heaven when they die whereas I'll be going to hell.

Only in their minds.

The second mouse gets the cheese.
06-07-2015, 12:09 PM
Fuckin Facebook...

When people know that you're an atheist, you are no longer allowed to have political opinions, especially if you have a lot of liberal opinions, EVEN IF you had the same views before they knew you were an atheist, AND you had a lot of Christian friends who agreed with your views.

And look, I get it: get off Facebook. But I still have hope for them. But dammit is it frustrating.

For the past 10 years, I still identified as a born again Christian, but I had very strong opinions against the "Christian Right". A lot of Christians on my friends list agreed with me on most issues. Especially gay marriage. A lot of Christians on my friends list were for marriage equality.

Within the last year and a half, I took the path to atheism. I made my declaration as an atheist a couple weeks ago on Facebook. Shame on me for expecting a smooth transition, right? I mean I tried to tell these people: Before atheism I had a problem with the Christian Right but liked the other Christians who believed in a mission of love, acceptance and tolerance, and now that I'm an atheist, I have a problem with the Christian Right but like the other Christians who believe in a mission of love, acceptance and tolerance. Falls on deaf ears.

Posted a meme, after the SCOTUS decision on gay marriage and said, "Take that social conservatives." Didn't even mention the word "Christian". Had a girl respond to it (and this is word for word): "Mike, I'm a Christian and I'm for marriage equality." Ah, Jesus.... God... Yeah, good for you. I told her, "Yeah, many Christians are. Some pastors are even coming out to their congregation. And on the flip side, I debated with an atheist who was against gay marriage!" I found that I've had to repeat this point that I like 3 times within the last 2 weeks.

My blog
[Image: communion_zpslrzvgcuh.jpg]