TheThinkingTheist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-02-2012, 02:45 AM
TheThinkingTheist
So our theist members are virtually non-existent due to the immediate barrage of insults they receive upon stating their beliefs, so I was thinking...

What if there were a forum that was designed like a battlefield, or a debate club.

TheThinkingAtheist is sort of like this one. Then there's another site called TheThinkingTheist that's the theist version of this one. And there's a section in both forums that is the community area, sort of the podium for both forums.

Only atheists could see posts and converse in TTA and only theist members could see and converse in TTT (or as the cool kids will come to call it, T Cubed). But both sides can see and converse in the community part. That way the minds of the atheists and theists could talk amongst each other, formulating ideas and agreeing on talking points, before posting their final argument in the "podium" section for the other side to debate.

That way, both sides feel at home and would remain unridiculed in their respective forums, but could still offer up arguments with the support of their fellow members.

I feel like a lot more well thought out discussions would be had, without people having to flee from the pressure of having to defend theism single-handedly.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2012, 07:01 AM
RE: TheThinkingTheist
A good idea, maybe we can see the viewpoints of other non-Abrahamic religions, to see where they stand with regards to moral and social issues. Everyone can learn from each other and learn to accept and tolerate. On the other hand, threads have the potential of degenerating into flame wars, with fanatic denouncement of the beliefs of each side. Moderation on the posters part is extremely important.

Maybe have a "code of ethics" for members, but allow all types of discussion related to religion.

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
06-02-2012, 09:03 AM
I have a feeling that T3 is going to be a very, very lonely place.

[Image: RHcn6pd.gif]
06-02-2012, 09:07 AM
I like the idea. And KC, that just means you have to go out and do your duty. Recruit hahahah.

I wonder if it's do able with the Mybb software?

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-02-2012, 09:36 AM
(06-02-2012 02:45 AM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  TheThinkingAtheist is sort of like this one. Then there's another site called TheThinkingTheist that's the theist version of this one. And there's a section in both forums that is the community area, sort of the podium for both forums.

Only atheists could see posts and converse in TTA and only theist members could see and converse in TTT (or as the cool kids will come to call it, T Cubed).

I think the really cool kids will pronounce it 'titties'.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
06-02-2012, 12:59 PM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2012 12:59 PM by Erxomai.)
Isn't Thinking Theist an oxymoron? Like Jumbo Shrimp? or Military Intelligence?
(06-02-2012 09:36 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-02-2012 02:45 AM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  TheThinkingAtheist is sort of like this one. Then there's another site called TheThinkingTheist that's the theist version of this one. And there's a section in both forums that is the community area, sort of the podium for both forums.

Only atheists could see posts and converse in TTA and only theist members could see and converse in TTT (or as the cool kids will come to call it, T Cubed).

I can't believe you said 'titties'.

I can believe I giggled when I saw it. Big Grin

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
06-02-2012, 01:20 PM
(06-02-2012 12:59 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Isn't Thinking Theist an oxymoron? Like Jumbo Shrimp? or Military Intelligence?
(06-02-2012 09:36 AM)Chas Wrote:  

I can't believe you said 'titties'.

I can believe I giggled when I saw it. Big Grin

I knew you would. Angel

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
06-02-2012, 01:38 PM
This whole thing might be a moot point now anyways... There's only one active theist left. Theo barely posts... No one wants to hang with egor.... And there was a recent convert.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
06-02-2012, 01:55 PM
(06-02-2012 01:38 PM)lucradis Wrote:  This whole thing might be a moot point now anyways... There's only one active theist left. Theo barely posts... No one wants to hang with egor.... And there was a recent convert.

what happened to Sharks9?

I kinda wish we had more intelligent theists. KC's OK but Egor is not possible to engage with and there's no one else Sad
06-02-2012, 06:02 PM
(06-02-2012 01:55 PM)morondog Wrote:  I kinda wish we had more intelligent theists. KC's OK but Egor is not possible to engage with and there's no one else Sad

We should test Erxomai's lack of faith by making him dress up and play like one.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post