Their removal from religion quote

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-09-2015, 08:12 AM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2015 08:16 AM by Nurse.)
RE: Their removal from religion quote
(04-09-2015 08:00 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(04-09-2015 05:52 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Dammit Nurse, If I did neg reps, you'd get one for posting that vid. Angry
Big Grin

I used to run into that frequently - the OP. I figured either a parallel between picking up smoking lights on the way to quitting, or a parallel to myself - i.e. nutbag. Big Grin

Agreed, I couldn't stand that foolish video when it was making it's first go arounds and was posted here as well.

It's a tactic of remaining connected to pseudo believes and supernatural beings. Though in some regard it may be a "stepping stone" towards more disbelief. It's just a strike against organized religion and it's commonly stated by college going folks who still belief in their personal understanding of god. It's some way that is used to view themselves as superior and separate from the bad religion, it's just a shady as a no true christian would of done that type of argument.

Most of the types that I knew that said "I hate religion, but lub me some jeebus" were holier than thou types. It was a jab at people that came to church for just Easter and Christmas, a jab at people that do Hail Marys and the cross chest thingy, a jab at people via the no true scotsman that "think paying their tithes and coming to church on Sunday is what's gonna save them from the fiery pits of hell - you can't buy god's love, you have to earn it. Being a christian is loving Jesus and having love in your heart for others. Which I have. And you clearly don't. Because you're a dirty hobag/drunk/not good as me person." Cue the forced tears, hand raising, awkward closeness, and obnoxious christian contemporary music - "I'm forgiven, because you were forsaken, I'm alive, you were condeemmmmed....Amazing grace hoooowwwe can it be that you my love would die for meeeeee"

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
04-09-2015, 08:19 AM
(04-09-2015 08:12 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(04-09-2015 08:00 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Agreed, I couldn't stand that foolish video when it was making it's first go arounds and was posted here as well.

It's a tactic of remaining connected to pseudo believes and supernatural beings. Though in some regard it may be a "stepping stone" towards more disbelief. It's just a strike against organized religion and it's commonly stated by college going folks who still belief in their personal understanding of god. It's some way that is used to view themselves as superior and separate from the bad religion, it's just a shady as a no true christian would of done that type of argument.

Most of the types that I knew that said "I hate religion, but lub me some jeebus" were holier than thou types. It was a jab at people that came to church for just Easter and Christmas, a jab at people that do Hail Marys and the cross chest thingy, a jab at people via the no true scotsman that "think paying their tithes and coming to church on Sunday is what's gonna save them from the fiery pits of hell - you can't buy god's love, you have to earn it. Being a christian is loving Jesus and having love in your heart for others. Which I have. And you clearly don't. Because you're a dirty hobag/drunk/not good as me person." Cue the forced tears, hand raising, awkward closeness, and obnoxious christian contemporary music - "I'm forgiven, because you were forsaken, I'm alive, you were condeemmmmed....Amazing grace hoooowwwe can it be that you my love would die for meeeeee"

I kinda like the music

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
04-09-2015, 08:20 AM
Dammit Nurse. Drop the remote and back away from the youtube. Evil_monster

(04-09-2015 08:19 AM)morondog Wrote:  
I kinda like the music

That's how it starts. Evil_monster

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
04-09-2015, 08:21 AM
(04-09-2015 08:12 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Most of the types that I knew that said "I hate religion, but lub me some jeebus" were holier than thou types. It was a jab at people that came to church for just Easter and Christmas, a jab at people that do Hail Marys and the cross chest thingy, a jab at people via the no true scotsman that "think paying their tithes and coming to church on Sunday is what's gonna save them from the fiery pits of hell - you can't buy god's love, you have to earn it. Being a christian is loving Jesus and having love in your heart for others. Which I have. And you clearly don't. Because you're a dirty hobag/drunk/not good as me person." Cue the forced tears, hand raising, awkward closeness, and obnoxious christian contemporary music - "I'm forgiven, because you were forsaken, I'm alive, you were condeemmmmed....Amazing grace hoooowwwe can it be that you my love would die for meeeeee"

I kinda like the music

Then I'll be sure to send you some links to the brainwashing type to which I'm referring Tongue

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
04-09-2015, 08:23 AM
(04-09-2015 08:21 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
I kinda like the music

Then I'll be sure to send you some links to the brainwashing type to which I'm referring Tongue

I kinda like it 'cos I wuz brainwashed Weeping

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
04-09-2015, 08:26 AM
(04-09-2015 08:23 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(04-09-2015 08:21 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Then I'll be sure to send you some links to the brainwashing type to which I'm referring Tongue

I kinda like it 'cos I wuz brainwashed Weeping

Obviously, it shrunk. Tongue

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like houseofcantor's post
04-09-2015, 09:15 AM
(04-09-2015 05:11 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  There's nothing more sanctimonious than somebody claiming to be "spiritual" rather than "religious".

When some putz claims to be "in a relationship" with "god" ---- ask the questions that any person in a relationship would know about their partner:

1. What's God's birthday?
2. What's color are God's eyes?
3. What's God's favorite food?
4. What's God's color?
5. What's God's home address, phone number, or email addy?
When they come up dry on all of these, it's pretty evident they're not in a relationship -- they've got an invisible friend.

There's a difference.

1. August 27
2. Purple
3. Pizza
4. She's black
5. 1734 East Hannah Road, City of God, Heaven, postal code QX73TK931PLB47.
Phone number: It doesn't matter what number you dial, just so long as you use a rotary-dial phone and you have faith that God will answer. No email. God is a Luddite and has never forgiven the human race for inventing Windows.

Actually, I know a lot of people who believe there's a god, but don't believe any extant religions have got the details right.

I knew a Mexican (and there are many like her) who did not believe in God, and actively excoriated the Church, but she revered (I'm not sure that "believed in" would be a correct term) the Virgin of Guadalupe. As near as I can figure it's a kind of quasi-religious nationalism. The term Guadalupana came up. I knew another who hated the Church for its greed and corruption and never attended church, but believed in Catholic dogma.

"El mar se mide por olas,
el cielo por alas,
nosotros por lágrimas."
-- Jaime Sabines
[+] 2 users Like daniel1948's post
04-09-2015, 10:35 AM
It's really popular around here. I actually made a similar thread when I first joined TTA back in December.
I think it's the product of modern man becoming more progressive. I think it's natural, really. It's like the last ditch effort to maintain your religious beliefs. a lot of Christians nowadays are all about the love and redemption side of it, but can't accept that an all-loving God could commit such atrocities, thus, it was men using religion as a tool, rather than their lover boy, Jesus-God-spirit, or what the fuck ever.
And like onlinebiker said, a lot of them say they're "in a relationships it's jesus", which gets to the point of nearly being homoerotic when men say it. Funny, since they seem to hate the gays so. Funny story, I saw my sister-in-law was reading a book one day, and so I asked what she was reading. It was something along the lines of "How to Become More Intimate with Jesus." I damn-near choked trying not to laugh in her face.
[+] 4 users Like EppurSiMuove's post
08-09-2015, 03:27 AM
Hi all.
Yeah with out a doubt this quote came from the most religious nut job i know.

He is my main enjoyment on FB.