Theism and new atheism are on the same continuum. Both are realist (Buddhist definiti

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
11-12-2012, 10:30 PM
RE: Theism and new atheism etc.
This quote clarifies everything:

I do not say that entities do not exist, because I say that they originate in dependence. “So are you a realist then?” I am not, because I am just a proponent of dependent origination. “What sort of nature is it then that you [propound]?” I propound dependent origination. “What is the meaning of dependent origination?” It has the meaning of the lack of a nature and the meaning of nonarising through a nature [of its own]. It has the meaning of the origination of results with a nature similar to that of illusions, mirages, reflections, cities of scent-eaters, magical creations, and dreams. It has the meaning of emptiness and identitylessness.
-Candrakirti
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2012, 07:19 AM
RE: Theism and new atheism etc.
(11-12-2012 10:30 PM)enochian Wrote:  This quote clarifies everything:

I do not say that entities do not exist, because I say that they originate in dependence. “So are you a realist then?” I am not, because I am just a proponent of dependent origination. “What sort of nature is it then that you [propound]?” I propound dependent origination. “What is the meaning of dependent origination?” It has the meaning of the lack of a nature and the meaning of nonarising through a nature [of its own]. It has the meaning of the origination of results with a nature similar to that of illusions, mirages, reflections, cities of scent-eaters, magical creations, and dreams. It has the meaning of emptiness and identitylessness.
-Candrakirti

Oh, thanks. That's clarity? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-12-2012, 08:44 AM
Theism and new atheism are on the same continuum. Both are realist (Buddhist definiti
Was that a quote from the Chopra-bot again?

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
12-12-2012, 12:22 PM
RE: Theism and new atheism are on th
Everything is dependently originated. Thats easy enough to understand.

The trick is understanding that dependently originated phenomena never arise in the first place, and thus are illusory.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prat%C4%ABt...tp%C4%81da