Theism is slowing the progress of science, more than anyone knows..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-01-2013, 12:53 PM
RE: Theism is slowing the progress of science, more than anyone knows..
(08-01-2013 01:49 AM)Aspchizo Wrote:  So your saying there were no scientific or technological breakthroughs at this time anywhere other than the USA...?

Of course not - not every scientific or technological breakthrough developed in the US - science was going on all over the planet at that time. Always is.

The Moon shots were humanity's shining, scientific achievement - ALL of humanity - I don't look at science with any sort of nationalism. I suppose some do... I'm not always certain why... probably some kind of perceived power thing.... I can leave others to their dick fight. Dodgy

Science is a planetary thing, a human thing... and uh... it was the Moon, godfuckingdamnit!! Dodgy

DLJIloveyourightback

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend... who figured it out. As can you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-01-2013, 01:45 PM
Theists hate science, at their root.

it's funny, since i'm sure the Vatican as a sovereign state is assigned some public IPv4/6 address (eek.. networking and by ICT is the application of science!)

the Pope in this addresses speaks into a microphone (eek... science again)

Even the Taliban used/use rockets (eek... science again!!!)

Jesus was a carpenter, so all Christians should follow his lead and only use wooden tools, or technology often used in antiquity.
08-01-2013, 03:00 PM
(08-01-2013 12:53 PM)kim Wrote:  
(08-01-2013 01:49 AM)Aspchizo Wrote:  So your saying there were no scientific or technological breakthroughs at this time anywhere other than the USA...?

Of course not - not every scientific or technological breakthrough developed in the US - science was going on all over the planet at that time. Always is.

The Moon shots were humanity's shining, scientific achievement - ALL of humanity - I don't look at science with any sort of nationalism. I suppose some do... I'm not always certain why... probably some kind of perceived power thing.... I can leave others to their dick fight. Dodgy

Science is a planetary thing, a human thing... and uh... it was the Moon, godfuckingdamnit!! Dodgy

DLJIloveyourightback
My original reply was to Aseptic Skeptic who I thought claimed all technological and scientific breakthroughs came from the USA at one point. He either added in 'almost all' after or I completely missed it. Either way I don't have issues with who did what, just misinformation, which is what it appeared to be to me. I couldn't care less what country does what, like someone said in a previous comment, it is progress for humanity. These countries and borders we created are illusory. I hope they break down some day.

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

[+] 1 user Likes Adenosis's post
08-01-2013, 03:02 PM
(08-01-2013 03:00 PM)Aspchizo Wrote:  These countries and borders we created are illusory. I hope they break down some day.
Amen!

They are and they will. We won't be alive, but still...

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
08-01-2013, 08:02 PM
I honestly think that if it wasn't for religion inhibiting our ability to think critically, it's very possible that we might have been able to find a cure to cancer by now.

"It would be very nice if there were a God who created the world and was a benevolent providence, and if there were a moral order in the universe and an after-life; but it is a very striking fact that all this is exactly as we are bound to wish it to be."
- Sigmund Freud
[+] 1 user Likes seventhmoon's post
08-01-2013, 08:26 PM
I'm leaving Canada to go live in korea in a few years so imma be where the tech is at.

And the us does suck balls for decent homemade tech. The crap being designed down there is brutal.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
08-01-2013, 11:00 PM
(08-01-2013 03:00 PM)Aspchizo Wrote:  These countries and borders we created are illusory. I hope they break down some day.

I do too. Sadly, I don't think it will happen in my life time... maybe, hopefully in yours. Shy

I have always tried to not pay attention to nationalism but some people (especially in the US) seem to treat cultures like some kind of sports team. Scientists the world over consider each other colleagues, the same with artists & musicians... governments and/or money always seem to pull people apart. That's when humanity as a whole suffers.

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend... who figured it out. As can you.
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
08-01-2013, 11:07 PM
(08-01-2013 01:45 PM)namiloveyou Wrote:  Theists hate science, at their root.

it's funny, since i'm sure the Vatican as a sovereign state is assigned some public IPv4/6 address (eek.. networking and by ICT is the application of science!)

the Pope in this addresses speaks into a microphone (eek... science again)

Even the Taliban used/use rockets (eek... science again!!!)

Jesus was a carpenter, so all Christians should follow his lead and only use wooden tools, or technology often used in antiquity.

Ok... I wasn't aware I had a root but whatever. Now run along and put something somewhere. Coffeedrinker

[+] 1 user Likes kim's post