Theism vs. Theism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-02-2013, 09:12 PM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2013 09:24 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Theism vs. Theism
(10-02-2013 01:56 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(10-02-2013 01:36 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Thanks for the contribution, my friend, but I'm not biting.

Many of my Buddhist buddies are off to the temple today (Chúc mừng năm mới and all that) to pray for their families and such, so apart from a little eye-rolling I'm not going to tease them too much about the futility of prayer.
But I will use your excellent line "...ending suffering--a gun in the mouth can do that." at some later date.

Thanks for that. Good one.

I am, however, a little worried that I, for one, don't fit any of you adjectives for atheism... "gay, weed-smoking, Wall Street-protesting, Obama-loving, x-box generation of losers" as I try so hard to fit the stereotype.

You're a narcissist. It's painfully obvious. That's the other reason for being an atheist. One reason is you want to sin, the other is you're pathologically self-important--so you can never die to the self, which is required to be saved. So, it's easier to be an atheist and avoid the whole salvation issue.

And get a new avatar. You're too old for that. Jeez.

That's fucking rich coming from a goddam fuckturd who feels the need to reinvent a new metaphysics every other week or so. The fuck you think you got access to some sorta privileged information? You don't fuckwad. That's some self-important narcissistic dingleberries dangling from the asshole in the raw right there. ... Girly can't speak for DLJ, but I can pretty much guarantee that neither one of us is anywhere as close to narcissism as Ego®.

(10-02-2013 01:36 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I will have to resign myself to a life of non-conformity.

Alack and alas.

Weeping
Tongue

I will have to resign myself to a life of non-conformity.

Alack and alas.

Weeping
Big Grin

(10-02-2013 01:24 AM)Egor Wrote:  Besides, look at them: Buddhism is a stupid philosophy aimed at ending suffering--a gun in the mouth can do that.

You go ahead and eat your gun, Ego®, Girly's got a nitrogen Go-Bag. ... Pfffft ... Fucking idiot. Tongue

Breathing - it's more art than science.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
12-02-2013, 12:39 AM
RE: Theism vs. Theism
(11-02-2013 09:12 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  ...
Girly can't speak for DLJ,

You hereforth and forthwith have my full permission to do so.

"narcissistic dingleberries dangling from the asshole in the raw" Laughat

Dat's poetry, dat be.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply