Theist Admin Discussion (Split)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-10-2013, 06:57 PM
Theist Admin Discussion (Split)
As a fledgling atheist who wanted absolutely nothing to do with Christians, I wanted a safe haven where I wouldn't be forced to deal with those kinds of delusional folk anymore. Certainly if there had been a Christian admin, I would have left that same day.

Life has a funny way of turning out. Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
05-10-2013, 06:58 PM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2013 07:06 PM by Hughsie.)
RE: So, what's a nice person like you doing in a place like this?
(05-10-2013 06:57 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  As a fledgling atheist who wanted absolutely nothing to do with Christians, I wanted a safe haven where I wouldn't be forced to deal with those kinds of delusional folk anymore. Certainly if there had been a Christian admin, I would have left that same day.

I'm pleased that I'm in a place that is open-minded enough to judge KC for his actions and not his beliefs.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 13 users Like Hughsie's post
05-10-2013, 07:01 PM
Erx! Where ya been?

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
05-10-2013, 07:38 PM
(05-10-2013 06:57 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  As a fledgling atheist who wanted absolutely nothing to do with Christians, I wanted a safe haven where I wouldn't be forced to deal with those kinds of delusional folk anymore. Certainly if there had been a Christian admin, I would have left that same day.

This right here is exactly why I don't get on the forum anymore.
You judge people for their beliefs, but you don't even think about the fact that KC actually respects everyone's opinions, he is respected, and doesn't talk down about atheists.
You'd think that with your age, you'd be mature enough to realize how rude and immature you're being.

"You don't disappoint me.... I think your much braver than you may believe."
bemore

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes legendoflink's post
05-10-2013, 07:45 PM

Hello stranger. Did you drop in for a cuppa Joe? Drinking Beverage

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
05-10-2013, 08:15 PM

Oh sack up and get over it.
If you wanted nothing to do with theists any more than you are living on the wrong planet good sir.
Perhaps if one was come here and see a acceptance of all faiths, one not extended on the vast majority of theist or atheist forums I might add, than perhaps one will come to be a little more tolerant him/herself.
After all, isn't that why you are here? Because theists are not tolerant of your (lack of) faith?
We shouldn't snoop to their level.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
05-10-2013, 08:32 PM
Not sure if I misread Erx's intent in his post, judging from a couple of reactions. I guess one could read it a couple of ways. Care to expound Erx? I'm slightly confused. Huh

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
05-10-2013, 08:35 PM

Man, what happened? A "Zero tolerance for Christians" avatar? No

I want to respect you, and I know you're a better person than that.
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
05-10-2013, 08:38 PM
Quote: Not sure if I misread Erx's intent in his post, judging from a couple of reactions. I guess one could read it a couple of ways. Care to expound Erx? I'm slightly confused. Huh

Erx disagrees with KC becoming an admin because KC's a Calvinist.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
05-10-2013, 08:46 PM
I've said this elsewhere, but I'll say it again. I think it's good we have a Theist admin. I think it sends out a good message too. This place is called The Thinking Atheist. Having a Theist admin isn't so ironic. It leaves us room to think.

Other than Stark, I couldn't imagine a great number of people doing as good of a job as Kingschosen has so far. He's devoted time from his daily life to do this because he likes this place. He's tolerant, nice and respectful, and I think he's done great administering the forum. Being a Theist does not affect him administering the forum. I have much respect for him.
[+] 7 users Like Ferdinand's post