Theist Admin Discussion (Split)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-10-2013, 01:40 PM
RE: Theist Admin Discussion (Split)
Thanks Evenheathen; I'm actually satisfied with the notion that I'm the ironing groupie and that Goldie Hawn is my real life mother. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
07-10-2013, 01:53 PM
(07-10-2013 01:40 PM)kim Wrote:  Thanks Evenheathen; I'm actually satisfied with the notion that I'm the ironing groupie and that Goldie Hawn is my real life mother. Shy

I just want some bbq.......... Undecided

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
07-10-2013, 01:56 PM
(07-10-2013 01:12 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(07-10-2013 01:09 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  Two things to say to you!

1) Chocolate Mint Tea? Gross.

2) Can I get taken out like Moe Greene and not Fredo?Weeping

3) Ok, that was a little Spanish Inquisition like. You the man!

Chocolate mint tea rocks! It is tea made from a mint variety that also has a chocolate flavor. You should be so lucky as to be offered a cup of my chocolate mint tea. Tongue

Mm...I was so lucky!

Kid Charlie, When you least expect it, expect it.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
07-10-2013, 02:10 PM
(07-10-2013 01:34 PM)Filox Wrote:  Et tu Erx?!

Have you ever stopped to consider that a new member who comes here will have no idea about what KC or anyone of us here believes in, because they are NEW to the fucking forum? How do you expect for the new members to KNOW that we have a xtian for admin?

Please explain...

P.S.

You could have always said you will fill in for Stark...

Ah, Filox, my friend...you're assuming newbies don't know how to put 2 and 2 together. What's the most famous Atheist Theist thread? I'm guessing, "Ask a Theist." It's not hard to see who the author is and ken his role. The question for you is, KC Bromance aside, what do you think of Christians? Really think? Aren't they delusional? And the more stubborn they become in their delusion their original stated desire to "seek the truth" begins to sound like flimsy reason when what they really do is entrench themselves deeper into their delusional worldview. It's a problem. In this case, the favored forum theist gets cut a break because of the things I said earlier. But do we want religion to continue? Do we want to provide even more avenues for them to have leadership roles? They can be leaders in churches. This place is...WAS...a place lead by atheists that welcomed theists into the fold. Now it's a place lead by a theist welcoming atheists into the fold. Again I use my touchstone word ABSURD to describe the heart of my feeling. Why do we have to be the ones that get shafted? meh. Casting my pearls before swine...or in everyone's view, I'm casting my swine before pearls. I get it.

AND...fuck you Filox for putting visions of After 8 in my head! I haven't had chocolate or any kind of dairy-ish food for 2 months. Now I have visions of chocolate deliciousness dancing through my head!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
07-10-2013, 02:17 PM
(07-10-2013 01:08 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(07-10-2013 01:03 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I'm pretty sure I meant everything else. The absurdity of what has happened to this forum is, well, Absurd. My gripe is not with a person, but with a Christian in leadership. TBD and I are alone in this thinking. Fine. We've expressed our opinions and were shown the door by Hughsie. Fine. Those who dissent are dismissed.

Way to take me out of context. I agree with KC, I too thought you were better than all this.

"This place isn't for everyone. Perhaps we need to accept that finally. There are many different atheist forums out there with many different focuses. Perhaps this place is a little fiery for a new atheist who still struggles when faced with religion. Perhaps it's better they leave and find a more heavily moderated forum. We always act like this. People worry about losing members because of the way the forum is or putting people off. News flash: That will always happen. Whatever way the forum is run will put someone off. All we can do is decide what kind of forum we want to be and hopefully we will attract the type of people who fit in with our vision, and I like a vision that promotes free-speech as much as possible and would accept a Christian Admin. I'm sure many here do (and many of them probs joined partly for the free-speech part)."

You're welcome. Thank you for reminding me that if someone's "free-speech" is unpopular then they are shown to the door. I've appreciated all the empathy you've shared. It's cheered me up. Thanks, bro.

No go fuck yourself like a good little lapdog.

~Izel
07-10-2013, 02:19 PM
I also had to come back for 3...make it two more posts. Chas will pass me shortly, but I will always have been the first socially awkward loser to reach 15,000. The rest of you mere mortals may bow to me!

Well...maybe not. Blast off in t-minus 2,1,......

~Izel
07-10-2013, 02:21 PM
(07-10-2013 02:10 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(07-10-2013 01:34 PM)Filox Wrote:  Et tu Erx?!

Have you ever stopped to consider that a new member who comes here will have no idea about what KC or anyone of us here believes in, because they are NEW to the fucking forum? How do you expect for the new members to KNOW that we have a xtian for admin?

Please explain...

P.S.

You could have always said you will fill in for Stark...

Ah, Filox, my friend...you're assuming newbies don't know how to put 2 and 2 together. What's the most famous Atheist Theist thread? I'm guessing, "Ask a Theist." It's not hard to see who the author is and ken his role. The question for you is, KC Bromance aside, what do you think of Christians? Really think? Aren't they delusional? And the more stubborn they become in their delusion their original stated desire to "seek the truth" begins to sound like flimsy reason when what they really do is entrench themselves deeper into their delusional worldview. It's a problem. In this case, the favored forum theist gets cut a break because of the things I said earlier. But do we want religion to continue? Do we want to provide even more avenues for them to have leadership roles? They can be leaders in churches. This place is...WAS...a place lead by atheists that welcomed theists into the fold. Now it's a place lead by a theist welcoming atheists into the fold. Again I use my touchstone word ABSURD to describe the heart of my feeling. Why do we have to be the ones that get shafted? meh. Casting my pearls before swine...or in everyone's view, I'm casting my swine before pearls. I get it.

AND...fuck you Filox for putting visions of After 8 in my head! I haven't had chocolate or any kind of dairy-ish food for 2 months. Now I have visions of chocolate deliciousness dancing through my head!

I'm glad the After 8 is now stuck in your head. Serves you right.

Tongue

As I said, you could always offer your services to be the other or the only admin...

I always considered admin's position to be more of a technical nature, rather than the owner's... I wouldn't want to be the admin, not because of the decision making, but because I do not think I have enough technical experience to run this kind of forum. So, from my point of view, if the decision admin makes does not interfere with the decision super-mods would choose, then, I do not see any problems. Even if the admin takes veto and chooses something else, he should have a valid reason that we (mods and super-mods) understand. Not so hard, if you are objective person. KC is one of the rare normal xtians I know and therefor he is not considered delusional, crazy or a death-wish, as most of the other religious persons are considered in my eyes. Most.

Evil_monster
07-10-2013, 02:22 PM
If 15000 really is your last post here, it better be in The Official Cannabis Thread motherfucker!

So many cats, so few good recipes.
07-10-2013, 02:28 PM
(07-10-2013 02:19 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I also had to come back for 3...make it two more posts. Chas will pass me shortly, but I will always have been the first socially awkward loser to reach 15,000. The rest of you mere mortals may bow to me!

Well...maybe not. Blast off in t-minus 2,1,......

Dude, most of us here are socially awkward losers.

Our disagreement with your way of looking at things does not mean we are showing you the door. Just expressing our opinion/disappointment. If someone has told you explicitly or otherwise to leave this place, trust me, it is not what we all think/want.

I think you have all blown this WAY out of proportions. Chill the fuck down people...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post
07-10-2013, 02:32 PM
(07-10-2013 02:28 PM)Filox Wrote:  I think you have all blown this WAY out of proportions.

That's not all that's been blown out of proportion. Wink

ZING!

Okay I'll go back to my corner now. Weeping

[Image: giphy.gif]