Theist Admin Discussion (Split)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-10-2013, 02:35 PM
RE: Theist Admin Discussion (Split)
(07-10-2013 02:19 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I also had to come back for 3...make it two more posts. Chas will pass me shortly, but I will always have been the first socially awkward loser to reach 15,000. The rest of you mere mortals may bow to me!

Well...maybe not. Blast off in t-minus 2,1,......

I'll believe it when I don't see it. Drinking Beverage

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2013, 04:34 PM
(07-10-2013 02:32 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(07-10-2013 02:28 PM)Filox Wrote:  I think you have all blown this WAY out of proportions.

That's not all that's been blown out of proportion. Wink

ZING!

Okay I'll go back to my corner now. Weeping

Good job, Tarty. Good job. Granny Rev and Uncle Ferd taught you well. Hug
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
07-10-2013, 06:23 PM
(07-10-2013 02:17 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  "This place isn't for everyone. Perhaps we need to accept that finally. There are many different atheist forums out there with many different focuses. Perhaps this place is a little fiery for a new atheist who still struggles when faced with religion. Perhaps it's better they leave and find a more heavily moderated forum. We always act like this. People worry about losing members because of the way the forum is or putting people off. News flash: That will always happen. Whatever way the forum is run will put someone off. All we can do is decide what kind of forum we want to be and hopefully we will attract the type of people who fit in with our vision, and I like a vision that promotes free-speech as much as possible and would accept a Christian Admin. I'm sure many here do (and many of them probs joined partly for the free-speech part)."

You're welcome. Thank you for reminding me that if someone's "free-speech" is unpopular then they are shown to the door. I've appreciated all the empathy you've shared. It's cheered me up. Thanks, bro.

No go fuck yourself like a good little lapdog.

You do realise that is the case for every forum ever right? You do realise we can't cater to everyone and that no forum ever could because some people have completely opposing opinions right?

How would you work it? Everyone who says we should change the way the forum is run gets their wish, no questions asked? You even think that is possible?

So now we've clarified that their always has to be some people that don't see the forum run the way they should be because you have people with completely opposite view then how would you handle it? Tell them they should stay and suffer in a forum that doesn't suit their needs? Is that really a great option?

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
07-10-2013, 06:31 PM
(07-10-2013 06:23 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  You do realise that is the case for every forum ever right? You do realise we can't cater to everyone and that no forum ever could because some people have completely opposing opinions right?

reddit. Drinking Beverage

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
07-10-2013, 07:15 PM
(07-10-2013 06:23 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(07-10-2013 02:17 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  "This place isn't for everyone. Perhaps we need to accept that finally. There are many different atheist forums out there with many different focuses. Perhaps this place is a little fiery for a new atheist who still struggles when faced with religion. Perhaps it's better they leave and find a more heavily moderated forum. We always act like this. People worry about losing members because of the way the forum is or putting people off. News flash: That will always happen. Whatever way the forum is run will put someone off. All we can do is decide what kind of forum we want to be and hopefully we will attract the type of people who fit in with our vision, and I like a vision that promotes free-speech as much as possible and would accept a Christian Admin. I'm sure many here do (and many of them probs joined partly for the free-speech part)."

You're welcome. Thank you for reminding me that if someone's "free-speech" is unpopular then they are shown to the door. I've appreciated all the empathy you've shared. It's cheered me up. Thanks, bro.

No go fuck yourself like a good little lapdog.

You do realise that is the case for every forum ever right? You do realise we can't cater to everyone and that no forum ever could because some people have completely opposing opinions right?

How would you work it? Everyone who says we should change the way the forum is run gets their wish, no questions asked? You even think that is possible?

So now we've clarified that their always has to be some people that don't see the forum run the way they should be because you have people with completely opposite view then how would you handle it? Tell them they should stay and suffer in a forum that doesn't suit their needs? Is that really a great option?

The forum should be run the way Seth wants it. It's his place.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
07-10-2013, 07:20 PM
(07-10-2013 07:15 PM)Dom Wrote:  The forum should be run the way Seth wants it. It's his place.

It is to my knowledge. I know he's in contact with KC and when I talked to him he seemed to say he wanted it to be as free as possible and the banhammer used as sparingly as possible but with trolls removed. I made moves to do exactly that but stepped down as Admin before they were implemented.

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
07-10-2013, 07:23 PM
(07-10-2013 07:20 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(07-10-2013 07:15 PM)Dom Wrote:  The forum should be run the way Seth wants it. It's his place.

It is to my knowledge. I know he's in contact with KC and when I talked to him he seemed to say he wanted it to be as free as possible and the banhammer used as sparingly as possible but with trolls removed. I made moves to do exactly that but stepped down as Admin before they were implemented.

It's hard to do exactly that, and do it effectively, when some people make such a big deal about banning particular members.
07-10-2013, 07:27 PM
(07-10-2013 07:23 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  It's hard to do exactly that, and do it effectively, when some people make such a big deal about banning particular members.

Yeah, well now if someone gets a "no" answer to wanting, and can't accept it, and starts a forumwide issue about it then they risk falling foul of Rule 5. That's what I like about it. It covers the trolls, and the complainers as well. Smile

Best
Worst
07-10-2013, 07:30 PM
(07-10-2013 07:27 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(07-10-2013 07:23 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  It's hard to do exactly that, and do it effectively, when some people make such a big deal about banning particular members.

Yeah, well now if someone gets a "no" answer to wanting, and can't accept it, and starts a forumwide issue about it then they risk falling foul of Rule 5. That's what I like about it. It covers the trolls, and the complainers as well. Smile

God day-um. Blink
07-10-2013, 07:31 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2013 07:36 PM by GirlyMan.)

He's just the landlord. Squatters, tenants and roommates need to work out their differences themselves. Wink

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post