Theist Admin Discussion (Split)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-10-2013, 09:22 PM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2013 09:31 PM by evenheathen.)
RE: So, what's a nice person like you doing in a place like this?
(05-10-2013 08:38 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote: Not sure if I misread Erx's intent in his post, judging from a couple of reactions. I guess one could read it a couple of ways. Care to expound Erx? I'm slightly confused. Huh

Erx disagrees with KC becoming an admin because KC's a Calvinist.

Ah, gotcha. I guess we all have our boundaries...

Erx, man, I miss your presence here. Oh well, you do you.....be good or at least be good at it.....

"It's a most distressing affliction to have a sentimental heart and a skeptical mind.”
― نجيب محفوظ, Sugar Street
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
06-10-2013, 12:22 AM
(05-10-2013 06:57 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  As a fledgling atheist who wanted absolutely nothing to do with Christians, I wanted a safe haven where I wouldn't be forced to deal with those kinds of delusional folk anymore. Certainly if there had been a Christian admin, I would have left that same day.

Life has a funny way of turning out. Drinking Beverage

Dontcha just lurve irony, man?

And the irony of there being a Murikan who understands irony... irony-overload.

But, KC isn't a real christian... not anymore. This is his safe haven too.

And if he is... let's not mention it to the newbs.

It'll be our dirty little secret.

Shhhh!

Incidentally, I have been slowly reading through Atheist's Critique of the Bible thread and saw your early (first?) posts when you gave the theists' viewpoint on some of Buddy's barbed remarks and everyone took you seriously.

Hilarity ensued.

THAT was the reason why I stayed here.

Miss you, man.

no homo

Blush

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
06-10-2013, 11:03 AM
(05-10-2013 07:45 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(05-10-2013 06:57 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  As a fledgling atheist who wanted absolutely nothing to do with Christians, I wanted a safe haven where I wouldn't be forced to deal with those kinds of delusional folk anymore. Certainly if there had been a Christian admin, I would have left that same day.

Hello stranger. Did you drop in for a cuppa Joe? Drinking Beverage

I'm not drinking caffeine any more. Have any herbal tea? Big Grin

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
06-10-2013, 11:05 AM
(06-10-2013 11:03 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(05-10-2013 07:45 PM)Dom Wrote:  Hello stranger. Did you drop in for a cuppa Joe? Drinking Beverage

I'm not drinking caffeine any more. Have any herbal tea? Big Grin

Chamomile or Mint? Both from my own garden...

I can offer spearmint, peppermint, lemon mint, apple mint and chocolate mint.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
06-10-2013, 11:05 AM
(05-10-2013 08:35 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  

Man, what happened? A "Zero tolerance for Christians" avatar? No

I want to respect you, and I know you're a better person than that.

No, I'm not. Tongue

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 7 users Like Erxomai's post
06-10-2013, 11:16 AM
(06-10-2013 11:05 AM)Dom Wrote:  ...
chocolate mint.

Ohmy Wow!

Yes, please.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
06-10-2013, 11:36 AM
(05-10-2013 06:58 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  

I'm pleased that I'm in a place that is open-minded enough to judge KC for his actions and not his beliefs.

Yes, Hughsie, but that's because the only emotional pain you've experienced was when I stopped putting my dick in your ass.

I thought this forum used to be sensitive to people who hurt. I've seen people be expelled for ranting and raving over other issues, but if someone has been hurt by Christian leadership, well, Fuck 'em. They're old and rude and need to grow a sack and get the fuck over it. Well, maybe some of us weaker personalities can't get over it, so get over it. Some of us are scared by Christian leadership, and even more scarred by leaving religion and being told they are going to hell because they don't believe, or that they never truly believed in God in the first place. If I'm vilified, then so be it. If I see absurdity, I'm going to speak out and mock it.

When Stark told me he quit, I started lurking a bit and all I saw was a bunch of mamby-pamby do-gooders patting themselves on the back for being so tolerant of having a theist in charge. Doesn't anybody realize how stupid that looks to the atheist community? Worse yet, doesn't anybody realize that new and hurting atheists are going to run away the second they see this place is being run by a Christian? Who will speak up for their silent voices if I "shut my trap", "stop being pathetic and rude", "get over it and grow a sack." Don't give me that "Calvinists aren't real Christians shits. KC is a Christian. Calvinists don't go to heaven, followers of Jesus Christ go to heaven. He has stated thinks every single one of us who belong here as atheists is going to Hell.

It was cute when he was our forum mascot. Our pet Christee who uttered the right code words: "Don't believe in Genesis, or Exodus, or 80% of the Bible." "Believe in Evolution." "Believe in Gay Marriage." "Hate fundamentalists." Oh, so he sometimes says he and his family are conveniently elect, but we probably aren't so we will either go to hell, or just be annihilated in the end while he and his wife and kids and dog will enter heaven.

It was annoying when he was a mod, but that's not a huge deal, and outweighed by a larger number of mods. Then he became co-admin. That became a deal-breaker and I silently left. But as ADMIN? SOLE FUCKING ADMIN, with NO plans that I've heard of to replace himself or have a Co-admin? Here or not, I love this place. The fact that it is not the place I joined almost 2 years ago, I've already mourned and mostly come to terms with. But a Christian running an Atheist forum. Do you want to know what that sounds like outside of this place: "A Christian has a forum that he runs for atheists? What the fuck kind of proselytizing missionary project is that?" Sure, maybe KC isn't proselytizing (or maybe he is), but he certainly seems to be basking in his power in order to create more rules than he already has and to shape the forum into his Godly Image. The point is, Yes, he is a nice guy. Yes, he is mostly reasonable (which I question: after two years of being exposed to the evidence against god and the total debunking of the bible, he clings to his delusional faith). Yes, he seems competent (well at least he can write a new rule every time a new issue comes up). But if you were a Christian, would you want an atheist running a church? "Pastor Atheist sure is a nice guy. I love how kind he is to everyone. I just wish he would stop teaching from the pulpit that the Bible is bunk and god doesn't exist. Doesn't he realize he's going against the very core of who we are as Christians?"

Rant over for now.

Let your Erxy criticism continue.

Yes, I know some (probably most) see me as Rude. Pathetic. Immature. Intolerant. Unable to get laid. (Well, that last one might be true :sadcryfaceSmile. Feel free to sling your stones.

Who ever made up these words about Jesus certainly got one thing right: "Truly I say to you, no prophet is welcome in his hometown."

Hi everyone. I've missed you. Hug

PS: Jeremy, you're a great guy. My rant is about you being in charge, not about you being part of the community. Love you. No homo.

[+] 4 users Like Erxomai's post
06-10-2013, 11:39 AM
(06-10-2013 11:05 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(06-10-2013 11:03 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I'm not drinking caffeine any more. Have any herbal tea? Big Grin

Chamomile or Mint? Both from my own garden...

I can offer spearmint, peppermint, lemon mint, apple mint and chocolate mint.

Consider I've never tried chocolate mint, but I think I'd like lemon mint. It's a bit chilly here and I'm apparently in need of calming down. Smile

Shy You wouldn't happen to have any chocolate chip cookies, would you?

06-10-2013, 11:58 AM
Erxie is just in a bad mood because he hasn't had a good assfucking in months.

I'll get right on that.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
06-10-2013, 12:17 PM
(06-10-2013 11:36 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(05-10-2013 06:58 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I'm pleased that I'm in a place that is open-minded enough to judge KC for his actions and not his beliefs.

Yes, Hughsie, but that's because the only emotional pain you've experienced was when I stopped putting my dick in your ass.

I thought this forum used to be sensitive to people who hurt. I've seen people be expelled for ranting and raving over other issues, but if someone has been hurt by Christian leadership, well, Fuck 'em. They're old and rude and need to grow a sack and get the fuck over it. Well, maybe some of us weaker personalities can't get over it, so get over it. Some of us are scared by Christian leadership, and even more scarred by leaving religion and being told they are going to hell because they don't believe, or that they never truly believed in God in the first place. If I'm vilified, then so be it. If I see absurdity, I'm going to speak out and mock it.

When Stark told me he quit, I started lurking a bit and all I saw was a bunch of mamby-pamby do-gooders patting themselves on the back for being so tolerant of having a theist in charge. Doesn't anybody realize how stupid that looks to the atheist community? Worse yet, doesn't anybody realize that new and hurting atheists are going to run away the second they see this place is being run by a Christian? Who will speak up for their silent voices if I "shut my trap", "stop being pathetic and rude", "get over it and grow a sack." Don't give me that "Calvinists aren't real Christians shits. KC is a Christian. Calvinists don't go to heaven, followers of Jesus Christ go to heaven. He has stated thinks every single one of us who belong here as atheists is going to Hell.

It was cute when he was our forum mascot. Our pet Christee who uttered the right code words: "Don't believe in Genesis, or Exodus, or 80% of the Bible." "Believe in Evolution." "Believe in Gay Marriage." "Hate fundamentalists." Oh, so he sometimes says he and his family are conveniently elect, but we probably aren't so we will either go to hell, or just be annihilated in the end while he and his wife and kids and dog will enter heaven.

It was annoying when he was a mod, but that's not a huge deal, and outweighed by a larger number of mods. Then he became co-admin. That became a deal-breaker and I silently left. But as ADMIN? SOLE FUCKING ADMIN, with NO plans that I've heard of to replace himself or have a Co-admin? Here or not, I love this place. The fact that it is not the place I joined almost 2 years ago, I've already mourned and mostly come to terms with. But a Christian running an Atheist forum. Do you want to know what that sounds like outside of this place: "A Christian has a forum that he runs for atheists? What the fuck kind of proselytizing missionary project is that?" Sure, maybe KC isn't proselytizing (or maybe he is), but he certainly seems to be basking in his power in order to create more rules than he already has and to shape the forum into his Godly Image. The point is, Yes, he is a nice guy. Yes, he is mostly reasonable (which I question: after two years of being exposed to the evidence against god and the total debunking of the bible, he clings to his delusional faith). Yes, he seems competent (well at least he can write a new rule every time a new issue comes up). But if you were a Christian, would you want an atheist running a church? "Pastor Atheist sure is a nice guy. I love how kind he is to everyone. I just wish he would stop teaching from the pulpit that the Bible is bunk and god doesn't exist. Doesn't he realize he's going against the very core of who we are as Christians?"

Rant over for now.

Let your Erxy criticism continue.

Yes, I know some (probably most) see me as Rude. Pathetic. Immature. Intolerant. Unable to get laid. (Well, that last one might be true :sadcryfaceSmile. Feel free to sling your stones.

Who ever made up these words about Jesus certainly got one thing right: "Truly I say to you, no prophet is welcome in his hometown."

Hi everyone. I've missed you. Hug

PS: Jeremy, you're a great guy. My rant is about you being in charge, not about you being part of the community. Love you. No homo.

Errrmmm, there will be a co-admin. Drinking Beverage

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Thread split Chas 2 177 04-06-2013 12:15 PM
Last Post: morondog
  Ok, time to have a REPUTATION discussion! kingschosen 40 1,280 27-06-2012 08:06 PM
Last Post: houseofcantor
  Hey, We Have An Admin Now! Unbeliever 6 852 02-05-2010 01:29 PM
Last Post: funnyguy3D