Theist Admin Discussion (Split)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-10-2013, 12:30 PM
RE: So, what's a nice person like you doing in a place like this?
Consider

I suppose that answers my question.....

Drinking Beverage

"It's a most distressing affliction to have a sentimental heart and a skeptical mind.”
― نجيب محفوظ, Sugar Street
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2013, 12:33 PM
(06-10-2013 11:36 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(05-10-2013 06:58 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I'm pleased that I'm in a place that is open-minded enough to judge KC for his actions and not his beliefs.

Yes, Hughsie, but that's because the only emotional pain you've experienced was when I stopped putting my dick in your ass.

I thought this forum used to be sensitive to people who hurt. I've seen people be expelled for ranting and raving over other issues, but if someone has been hurt by Christian leadership, well, Fuck 'em. They're old and rude and need to grow a sack and get the fuck over it. Well, maybe some of us weaker personalities can't get over it, so get over it. Some of us are scared by Christian leadership, and even more scarred by leaving religion and being told they are going to hell because they don't believe, or that they never truly believed in God in the first place. If I'm vilified, then so be it. If I see absurdity, I'm going to speak out and mock it.

When Stark told me he quit, I started lurking a bit and all I saw was a bunch of mamby-pamby do-gooders patting themselves on the back for being so tolerant of having a theist in charge. Doesn't anybody realize how stupid that looks to the atheist community? Worse yet, doesn't anybody realize that new and hurting atheists are going to run away the second they see this place is being run by a Christian? Who will speak up for their silent voices if I "shut my trap", "stop being pathetic and rude", "get over it and grow a sack." Don't give me that "Calvinists aren't real Christians shits. KC is a Christian. Calvinists don't go to heaven, followers of Jesus Christ go to heaven. He has stated thinks every single one of us who belong here as atheists is going to Hell.

It was cute when he was our forum mascot. Our pet Christee who uttered the right code words: "Don't believe in Genesis, or Exodus, or 80% of the Bible." "Believe in Evolution." "Believe in Gay Marriage." "Hate fundamentalists." Oh, so he sometimes says he and his family are conveniently elect, but we probably aren't so we will either go to hell, or just be annihilated in the end while he and his wife and kids and dog will enter heaven.

It was annoying when he was a mod, but that's not a huge deal, and outweighed by a larger number of mods. Then he became co-admin. That became a deal-breaker and I silently left. But as ADMIN? SOLE FUCKING ADMIN, with NO plans that I've heard of to replace himself or have a Co-admin? Here or not, I love this place. The fact that it is not the place I joined almost 2 years ago, I've already mourned and mostly come to terms with. But a Christian running an Atheist forum. Do you want to know what that sounds like outside of this place: "A Christian has a forum that he runs for atheists? What the fuck kind of proselytizing missionary project is that?" Sure, maybe KC isn't proselytizing (or maybe he is), but he certainly seems to be basking in his power in order to create more rules than he already has and to shape the forum into his Godly Image. The point is, Yes, he is a nice guy. Yes, he is mostly reasonable (which I question: after two years of being exposed to the evidence against god and the total debunking of the bible, he clings to his delusional faith). Yes, he seems competent (well at least he can write a new rule every time a new issue comes up). But if you were a Christian, would you want an atheist running a church? "Pastor Atheist sure is a nice guy. I love how kind he is to everyone. I just wish he would stop teaching from the pulpit that the Bible is bunk and god doesn't exist. Doesn't he realize he's going against the very core of who we are as Christians?"

Rant over for now.

Let your Erxy criticism continue.

Yes, I know some (probably most) see me as Rude. Pathetic. Immature. Intolerant. Unable to get laid. (Well, that last one might be true :sadcryfaceSmile. Feel free to sling your stones.

Who ever made up these words about Jesus certainly got one thing right: "Truly I say to you, no prophet is welcome in his hometown."

Hi everyone. I've missed you. Hug

PS: Jeremy, you're a great guy. My rant is about you being in charge, not about you being part of the community. Love you. No homo.

You make valid points, Eric. TheBeardedOne has made similar points. Girly's been an atheist for a long time now, going on 40 years, and I've never been an antitheist so I am likely insensitive to how it looks to the newly deconverted nascent atheist. I do think I am sensitive, sympathetic and empathetic towards people who hurt, though. I just don't always realize what might make someone hurt. Seth and Jeremy, however, are both aware of this and KC is actively trying to recruit an atheist to be co-admin so that part about no plans for an atheist co-admin is unfair. I'm sorry you hurt Eric and I'm sorry for any role I might've had contributing to your pain. Girly needs a bigass bear hug big fella.
[Image: Bear_Hug_by_CommodoreElfman.jpg]

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
06-10-2013, 02:08 PM
(06-10-2013 12:33 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  [Image: Bear_Hug_by_CommodoreElfman.jpg]

[Image: 2v2k22u.jpg]

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 4 users Like Erxomai's post
06-10-2013, 02:13 PM
(06-10-2013 12:17 PM)Dom Wrote:  Errrmmm, there will be a co-admin. Drinking Beverage

Funny. I seem to have missed any announcement of that.

Doesn't change my personal beef with a Christee admin. And no need to say it, I know you don't care as long as someone is competent and reasonable and seems fair. I know I'm looking intolerant. Doesn't change how the whole thing affects me. No

But the tea is great! I love lemon tea and mint tea. Never have tried them together! Drinking Beverage

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
06-10-2013, 02:31 PM
(06-10-2013 02:13 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  But the tea is great! I love lemon tea and mint tea. Never have tried them together! Drinking Beverage

Lemony mint tea is yummy...did that on accident once, and on purpose ever since. Wink

Glad you're back.

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
06-10-2013, 04:06 PM
(06-10-2013 11:36 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Yes, Hughsie, but that's because the only emotional pain you've experienced was when I stopped putting my dick in your ass.

I thought this forum used to be sensitive to people who hurt. I've seen people be expelled for ranting and raving over other issues, but if someone has been hurt by Christian leadership, well, Fuck 'em. They're old and rude and need to grow a sack and get the fuck over it. Well, maybe some of us weaker personalities can't get over it, so get over it. Some of us are scared by Christian leadership, and even more scarred by leaving religion and being told they are going to hell because they don't believe, or that they never truly believed in God in the first place. If I'm vilified, then so be it. If I see absurdity, I'm going to speak out and mock it.

This place isn't for everyone. Perhaps we need to accept that finally. There are many different atheist forums out there with many different focuses. Perhaps this place is a little fiery for a new atheist who still struggles when faced with religion. Perhaps it's better they leave and find a more heavily moderated forum. We always act like this. People worry about losing members because of the way the forum is or putting people off. News flash: That will always happen. Whatever way the forum is run will put someone off. All we can do is decide what kind of forum we want to be and hopefully we will attract the type of people who fit in with our vision, and I like a vision that promotes free-speech as much as possible and would accept a Christian Admin. I'm sure many here do (and many of them probs joined partly for the free-speech part).

(06-10-2013 11:36 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Sure, maybe KC isn't proselytizing (or maybe he is), but he certainly seems to be basking in his power in order to create more rules than he already has and to shape the forum into his Godly Image.

What? The one rule that has come directly from Seth? Yeah, he's a real power-hungry son of a bitch. Dodgy

(06-10-2013 11:36 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Hi everyone. I've missed you. Hug

We've missed you too man. You should hang around. Smile

No hard feelings by the way, I just think you have your head up your arse on this one. Big Grin

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 4 users Like Hughsie's post
06-10-2013, 04:39 PM
(06-10-2013 02:13 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  But the tea is great! I love lemon tea and mint tea. Never have tried them together! Drinking Beverage

Ah, but it is not a mix. There are a lot of varieties of mint, and I made a little hobby of growing them in pots on my deck. (Too invasive to grow in the garden)

Here are the main varieties (there are more)

Quote:Guide to Favorite Mint Varieties

Not all mints taste the same. If you're planting all of these, space them as far apart as possible to avoid cross-pollination.

Apple mint (Mentha suaveolens) combines a fresh apple flavor with mint, as you would expect from its name. Zones 5-10

Chocolate mint (Mentha x piperita 'Chocolate') has a subtle chocolaty taste and scent. Zones 5-9

Lemon mint (Mentha x piperita f. citrata) offers citrusy undertones. Zones 5-9

Peppermint (Mentha x piperita) comes in many cultivars. Zones 3-8

Spearmint (Mentha spicata) comes in many cultivars, including 'Kentucky Colonel', which has large, flavorful leaves. Zones 5-10

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
06-10-2013, 04:41 PM
(06-10-2013 04:06 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(06-10-2013 11:36 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Yes, Hughsie, but that's because the only emotional pain you've experienced was when I stopped putting my dick in your ass.

This place isn't for everyone. Perhaps we need to accept that finally. There are many different atheist forums out there with many different focuses. Perhaps this place is a little fiery for a new atheist who still struggles when faced with religion. Perhaps it's better they leave and find a more heavily moderated forum. We always act like this. People worry about losing members because of the way the forum is or putting people off. News flash: That will always happen. Whatever way the forum is run will put someone off. All we can do is decide what kind of forum we want to be and hopefully we will attract the type of people who fit in with our vision, and I like a vision that promotes free-speech as much as possible and would accept a Christian Admin. I'm sure many here do (and many of them probs joined partly for the free-speech part).

(06-10-2013 11:36 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Sure, maybe KC isn't proselytizing (or maybe he is), but he certainly seems to be basking in his power in order to create more rules than he already has and to shape the forum into his Godly Image.

What? The one rule that has come directly from Seth? Yeah, he's a real power-hungry son of a bitch. Dodgy

(06-10-2013 11:36 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Hi everyone. I've missed you. Hug

We've missed you too man. You should hang around. Smile

No hard feelings by the way, I just think you have your head up your arse on this one. Big Grin

I wouldn't go that far Hughsie. You know I support KC as an admin (there but for the grace of his imaginary god go I) but Erxy does have a valid viewpoint. Is he taking an extreme position, yeah, but it is an honest one and some people are being a bit hard on him for it.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
06-10-2013, 05:20 PM
Seth made the new rules. Not me. I'm just enforcing them.

You, more than anyone, should know me and my intentions here. You should know my leadership isn't malicious.

I'm sorry you were hurt my Christian leadership. But that wasn't me, and you can't pin that responsibility on me.

Yes, you are being intolerant.

Your actions are no different than hating all black people because one time a black person stole something from you. Or, thinking all cops are gigantic pricks because you got pulled over by a dick cop. Or, thinking that atheists are pretentious snobs because a few of them on the Internet act that way towards you. Or, thinking that all gay men are child molesters because one molested a relative.

Race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation doesn't define someone, it describes someone.

I honestly thought you were better than that, Eric. You've changed, man.

Also... you disappear for months and then come back and the first thing you do is start saying stuff to try and cause controversy.

You've been in the exact same spot I'm in... I just thought you would have a bit more empathy.

And that last bit you wrote is gilded lies. Everything you wrote is about your opinion of me in the community... from being the "pet" to being a mod to being an admin. Not to mention your sig is directly towards me... and your new avatar speaks volumes.

I always considered you a friend, but apparently I was wrong about that as well. So, were you just pretending to be my friend? Though all the posts on the board... the texts... the PMs... the phone conversation?

If you were my friend you would know and understand how I wish to lead this place and that my best intentions are for TTA. You know I don't have a drop of malice in me. Yet, you hurtfully lump me into the same category of people that hurt you... and here I thought you knew me and who I was.

Sad day, Eric... sad day.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
[+] 5 users Like kingschosen's post
06-10-2013, 05:42 PM
Ok, you two need to get on the phone together.

And making it a conference call with Stark would be a real good idea.

I like the both of you, but nothing good can come of this if you guys don't talk it out.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post