Theist Admin Discussion (Split)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-10-2013, 12:18 AM
RE: So, what's a nice person like you doing in a place like this?
To the best of my knowledge, there aren't any new rules. They're just defining them better. Exactly what I suggested ages ago. Dodgy

I even begged certain moderator's who's name starts with an H and ends in ughesie. :even dodgier symbol than dodgy:

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
07-10-2013, 05:12 AM
I request that the discussions of forum management be split from this thread.

While interesting and potentially useful, they are a complete derail of what is meant to be a casual and personal discussion.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
07-10-2013, 05:12 AM
(06-10-2013 11:28 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  ...
I'm not placing blame here nor there,

I will.

I blame Chas!

I told him that starting this thread was a bad idea but he wouldn't listen Angel

-------

It is disappointing to once again witness another Forum vs Community clash.

Irrespective of the rights of wrongs of individuals' views / positions, this is a clear case of not recognising or not caring that someone is in pain.

A debate-style response (of whatever quality) from those who are obviously here for the arguments / discussions (you can spot them by their low 'likes given' count) is what you'd expect so no one will take it personally:
I and I (33 likes given)
Ghost (20 likes given)
Reltzik (18 likes given)
Chippy (2 likes given. Early days with this one but one can see the pattern).

However, a debate-style response from someone known for their community bent will look or feel like a public slap-down and it's gonna sting and more so if one is already feeling stung.

In other words:
An "I am right and you are wrong because..." post, however tempting, however true, however witty could sometimes be parked in favour of an "ah, there, there" response. It would be the 'community' thing to do.

If you are here for the debate (forum) and not the community... carry on ... nothing to see here.

----------

And, Muffsy, I believe this was settled a long time ago ... my mac and cheese beats your mum's into the ground.

You will rue the day you brought this up again, young man! You will roux the day!

Angry

[+] 6 users Like DLJ's post
07-10-2013, 05:34 AM
(07-10-2013 05:12 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(06-10-2013 11:28 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  ...
I'm not placing blame here nor there,

I will.

I blame Chas!

I told him that starting this thread was a bad idea but he wouldn't listen Angel

-------

Irrespective of the rights of wrongs of individuals' views / positions, this is a clear case of not recognising or not caring that someone is in pain.

A debate-style response (of whatever quality) from those who are obviously here for the arguments / discussions (you can spot them by their low 'likes given' count) is what you'd expect so no one will take it personally:
I and I (33 likes given)
Ghost (20 likes given)
Reltzik (18 likes given)
Chippy (2 likes given. Early days with this one but one can see the pattern).

However, a debate-style response from someone known for their community bent will look or feel like a public slap-down and it's gonna sting and more so if one is already feeling stung.

In other words:
An "I am right and you are wrong because..." post, however tempting, however true, however witty could sometimes be parked in favour of an "ah, there, there" response. It would be the 'community' thing to do.

If you are here for the debate (forum) and not the community... carry on ... nothing to see here.

----------

And, Muffsy, I believe this was settled a long time ago ... my mac and cheese beats your mum's into the ground.

You will rue the day you brought this up again, young man! You will roux the day!

Angry

Well, DLJ is right. As hard as that is to hear - this is all my fault. Weeping

I'm such a nice person - how could this have gone so horribly wrong? Shocking

Chas( 8,590 likes given )

My sister-in-law, Nancy, makes the bestest mac n cheese.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
07-10-2013, 06:57 AM
(07-10-2013 05:12 AM)DLJ Wrote:  -------

It would be surprising if there wasn't.

Given the diversity of this community, there are bound to be clashes.

It's par for the course, and the positive there is that people care enough to bother to try and make it what they consider a better place for all.

Thing is, someone will always think that another way is better.

In the end, it's Seth's forum and his vision, and it will be what he considers to be the best possible community.

PS. And yes, I think the original content of this thread is worth saving and the derail discussion should be split.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
07-10-2013, 07:29 AM
RE: Theist Admin Discussion (Split)
(07-10-2013 12:18 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  To the best of my knowledge, there aren't any new rules. They're just defining them better. Exactly what I suggested ages ago. Dodgy

I even begged certain moderator's who's name starts with an H and ends in ughesie. :even dodgier symbol than dodgy:

Between the people who want clearer definitions and the people who want one rule that says "Don't be a dick" while expecting everyone to magically know exactly where that draws the line there is no middle ground for me left to hit.

Plus, I don't decide what the rules are or in what style the rules thread works, I've just been tasked with sorting out the wording of things and keeping the thread up to date.

The amount of bitching I've received for simply doing the job I've been asked to do is ridiculous.

PS. DL that wasn't aimed at you, that little rant has been on the verge of spilling out for a day or so now. I'm sure the people I'm referring to know who they are.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
07-10-2013, 07:38 AM
(07-10-2013 07:29 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  Between the people who want clearer definitions and the people who want one rule that says "Don't be a dick" while expecting everyone to magically know exactly where that draws the line there is no middle ground for me left to hit.

I'm sure there is. There is always a middle ground.

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
07-10-2013, 07:42 AM
(07-10-2013 07:38 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(07-10-2013 07:29 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  Between the people who want clearer definitions and the people who want one rule that says "Don't be a dick" while expecting everyone to magically know exactly where that draws the line there is no middle ground for me left to hit.

I'm sure there is. There is always a middle ground.

Don't be half a dick?

Ohmy

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
07-10-2013, 07:48 AM
No double dipping - erm - dicking.

07-10-2013, 08:01 AM
(07-10-2013 07:29 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(07-10-2013 12:18 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  To the best of my knowledge, there aren't any new rules. They're just defining them better. Exactly what I suggested ages ago. Dodgy

Between the people who want clearer definitions and the people who want one rule that says "Don't be a dick" while expecting everyone to magically know exactly where that draws the line there is no middle ground for me left to hit.

Plus, I don't decide what the rules are or in what style the rules thread works, I've just been tasked with sorting out the wording of things and keeping the thread up to date.

The amount of bitching I've received for simply doing the job I've been asked to do is ridiculous.

PS. DL that wasn't aimed at you, that little rant has been on the verge of spilling out for a day or so now. I'm sure the people I'm referring to know who they are.

And, I appreciate you sharing this burden with me.

[Image: RHcn6pd.gif]