Theist Admin Discussion (Split)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-10-2013, 02:18 PM
RE: Theist Admin Discussion (Split)
(10-10-2013 02:06 PM)morondog Wrote:  He's one of 0 to 2 people who're actually interested in doing the job...

I don't really care about his reasons. He's a good enough guy, let him have at it. Drinking Beverage

I'm ok with that but it has more to do with principle of leadership. Coming here, to a secular environment as an alternative to surroundings which cater to theist objectives at every turn, might sound somewhat extreme but ... well, there it is. To find a theist in what might be perceived as "in control" might be a dubious encounter.

This has nothing to do with Kingsy personally... it has to do with theist leadership continually and once again taking the reins, even in a secular environment.

This is no small observation and deserves voice.

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
10-10-2013, 02:18 PM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2013 02:23 PM by GirlyMan.)
(10-10-2013 12:38 PM)cufflink Wrote:  So putting two and two together . . .

As an admin here, KC is working diligently . . . to promote the welfare of a forum . . . that actively advocates against his own core beliefs.

Ah ... the old recuse thyself theist argument to avoid the appearance of a conflict of interest. But now we got a real atheist in charge and KC finds himself in her naughty chair where he belongs. And all is right with the world. Big Grin

(10-10-2013 02:00 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  After all there are literally hundreds of different types of Christianity.

Girly's still a Christian, Woofmeister. My own personal Jesus and Red Letters and whatnot. Most Christians I know however are not Christian. Tongue

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
10-10-2013, 02:41 PM
(10-10-2013 02:18 PM)kim Wrote:  
(10-10-2013 02:06 PM)morondog Wrote:  He's one of 0 to 2 people who're actually interested in doing the job...

I don't really care about his reasons. He's a good enough guy, let him have at it. Drinking Beverage

I'm ok with that but it has more to do with principle of leadership. Coming here, to a secular environment as an alternative to surroundings which cater to theist objectives at every turn, might sound somewhat extreme but ... well, there it is. To find a theist in what might be perceived as "in control" might be a dubious encounter.

This has nothing to do with Kingsy personally... it has to do with theist leadership continually and once again taking the reins, even in a secular environment.

He's a Calvinist. He understands that evolution and science are real. He doesn't think there is any point in trying to convert people. He believes some crazy shit but he has no interest in having us join his church. (Actually I think he doesn't have one at the time).

He is good at running the place, he has been doing it with Stark for quite some time. Now he's doing it with Aurora.

It is a thankless job because no matter who has it, they will be criticized and attacked sooner or later.

As someone here mentioned before, if you're going to let a Christian pilot fly you and eat the food a Christian chef prepared, you can post in a forum that has a Christian admin.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
10-10-2013, 02:46 PM
(10-10-2013 02:18 PM)kim Wrote:  This has nothing to do with Kingsy personally... it has to do with theist leadership continually and once again taking the reins, even in a secular environment.

Fair enough... it got plenty of voice the past week or so. Along with a lot of shouting about "help help I'm being oppressed". Bloody peasants Dodgy
10-10-2013, 05:33 PM
(10-10-2013 02:18 PM)kim Wrote:  

Pssst. Kim?
I still have the pitchforks and torches.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-10-2013, 08:56 AM
(10-10-2013 02:18 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Girly's still a Christian, Woofmeister. My own personal Jesus and Red Letters and whatnot. Most Christians I know however are not Christian. Tongue

I'm a true believer in personal Jesus. However, I too have noticed a rather small attendance Weeping