Theist, Atheist, and Agnostics have always been demonstrably wrong.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-12-2015, 06:51 PM
RE: Theist, Atheist, and Agnostics have always been demonstrably wrong.
(02-12-2015 05:11 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  I still don't know what his initial argument was.

He did not seem to either
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like DerFish's post
02-12-2015, 07:35 PM
For those of you who haven't skimmed Philospher's interweb wisdom, here's the Cole's notes version:

An 11 page "Introduction" consisting of:
- A variety of vitriolic ad hominem attacks against anybody and anything Philosopher doesn't like, including linguists and pychiatrists.
- More fallacies than I care to list here.
- A truly fascinating abuse of Aristotelian form and function.
- An amazing demonstration of how thoroughly Philosopher failed grade school biology.
- A lot of very big impressive words that should not have been put together in that order, especially by anybody expounding on language and meaning.
It reads vaguely like the bastard offspring of Scientology and Bible Number Code. If "paradigm" is your favorite word then this is a must read.

409 pages of poorly annotated math and geometry where Philosopher fails to show his work. His pedagogy is so dreadful that I was unable to get past, or even into page 1.
0 citations
0 authorship, though I'd be embarrassed to have my name associated with that too.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 6 users Like Paleophyte's post
02-12-2015, 07:39 PM
(02-12-2015 07:35 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  For those of you who haven't skimmed Philospher's interweb wisdom, here's the Cole's notes version:
409 pages of poorly annotated math and geometry where Philosopher fails to show his work. His pedagogy is so dreadful that I was unable to get past, or even into page 1.
0 citations
0 authorship, though I'd be embarrassed to have my name associated with that too.

I read it. Great. Time I'm never getting back.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
02-12-2015, 07:59 PM
(02-12-2015 07:35 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  For those of you who haven't skimmed Philospher's interweb wisdom, here's the Cole's notes version:

An 11 page "Introduction" consisting of:
- A variety of vitriolic ad hominem attacks against anybody and anything Philosopher doesn't like, including linguists and pychiatrists.
- More fallacies than I care to list here.
- A truly fascinating abuse of Aristotelian form and function.
- An amazing demonstration of how thoroughly Philosopher failed grade school biology.
- A lot of very big impressive words that should not have been put together in that order, especially by anybody expounding on language and meaning.
It reads vaguely like the bastard offspring of Scientology and Bible Number Code. If "paradigm" is your favorite word then this is a must read.

0 citations

I hope it was at least entertaining in a facepalming sort of way.
Thank you for taking the bullet for us. Thumbsup

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
02-12-2015, 11:15 PM
Theist, Atheist, and Agnostics have always been demonstrably wrong.
You know how a few here connect dots? Imagine you scramble the dots from 14 different puzzles.
[+] 2 users Like Clockwork's post
02-12-2015, 11:54 PM
(02-12-2015 11:15 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  You know how a few here connect dots? Imagine you scramble the dots from 14 different puzzles.

The OP is connecting polka dots.

[Image: yhst-43237354811846_2272_564706730]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
03-12-2015, 12:04 AM
(02-12-2015 06:22 AM)Philosopher8659 Wrote:  Your continued insistence on claiming you even understood what I wrote is not the mark of intelligence.

Well genius, if you knew no one could understand it, why post it ?

(02-12-2015 06:22 AM)Philosopher8659 Wrote:  I said every term in the Subject Naming Convention is defined in terms of the Predicate Naming Convention. That is a fact for any system of logic, common grammar or mathematics.

Prove it. Link us to references in logic texts and math texts.
Oh wait. you made that shit up.
Never mind.

It's pretty evident you are seriously disturbed, mentally.
Get help.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
03-12-2015, 05:08 AM
(02-12-2015 05:59 AM)Philosopher8659 Wrote:  The behavior here is an insult to intelligence.

LOL... you said it pal.

(02-12-2015 05:59 AM)Philosopher8659 Wrote:  And once again, you don't fault what is presented, you ramble on.

Pot, meet kettle. Dodgy

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
03-12-2015, 05:46 AM
Yet another delusional, self absorbed dingbat who needs to be placed in a padded room. Lets just hope he hasnt reproduced or found some gullible person to buy into this huge word salad of neurological flatulence.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 5 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
03-12-2015, 07:07 AM
Linguistics? Now you got my attention.

Although, I have to admit, that's a topic I never thought I'd see on this site coupled with the concept of God.

(01-12-2015 07:17 AM)Philosopher8659 Wrote:  If language is, and it is, the only power a mind has, then man is provably made in the image of God, but what that means must follow the principles of language, not proto-language of current human usage.

Language is not the only power, and I'm not sure why you call it "power", I'd rather call it an ability, for example. But it's not special, since animals possess it too, so, how does that fit in your argument?

While we are not the only ones to possess language, the only uniqueness is that our languages are more complex, and that's made possible by the higher intelligence that humans possess. I don't see how supernatural claims enter the equation here.

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
[+] 5 users Like The Polyglot Atheist's post