Theist, Atheist, and Agnostics have always been demonstrably wrong.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-12-2015, 12:39 PM
RE: Theist, Atheist, and Agnostics have always been demonstrably wrong.
(01-12-2015 11:56 AM)Philosopher8659 Wrote:  Duh, it means that every subject is defined in terms of its predicates and that the predicates are learned from perception. i.e.

Tom is a cat.

Or X is a cat.

Or God is a cat.

All are derived not by what you imagine a cat to be, but by direct experience.

One first has to define what a cat is. There can be different definitions, some more useful than others for some purposes.

Quote:Or in metaphor;

In the beginning was the Word and the word was with God and the Word was God.
Which is the same as

The first word in a sentence is defined by the material difference (with) and its form (is) when true.

Please demonstrate how those are the same.

Quote:Or in short, Language in accordance with the truth of things, (Confucius) determines that God is the principles of language functionally resident in a mind.

Unsupported assertion.

Quote:One only has to look at their own biology to see that we can never know the thing in itself, we have to craft it.

What does that even mean?

Quote:And the way you people all jump to idiotic statements only demonstrate that you are as illiterate as an evangelist.

Factually it means that what may or may not be asserted or denied of anything is wholly determined by the definition of a thing, i.e. its predicates.

That is entirely dependent on the accuracy of the definition.

Quote:Or again, the principles of predication resolve to the naming convention, i.e. the indexing system which indexes analog material.

Or again, all proofs resolve to the naming convention, which I demonstrate thousands of times, and which you have seen others do, and other not do but claim it a proof.

No, they don't. Proofs resolve to logical inference and that is a system that does not require any actual objects.

Quote:If you cannot engage in the naming convention, that only indicates your inability to wield language.

Naming is done by humans in human language; there is no mystery, there is no power external to our minds in naming things.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
01-12-2015, 12:47 PM
Why aren't the Koran, Bhagavad Gita, or Buddha's 4 Noble Truths legitimate representatives of your God of Languages?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
01-12-2015, 12:49 PM
(01-12-2015 11:56 AM)Philosopher8659 Wrote:  If you cannot engage in the naming convention, that only indicates your inability to wield language.

That statement demonstrates your complete lack of education.
There is no universal "naming convention". *Naming* things is a learning process infants go through. Apparently you are unable to grasp the rudimentary concepts of learning and Child Psychology. You are ignorant of the basics of human learning.

Memories are LEARNED and stored. You are simply another scientific ignoramus who is totally off-base, secondary to some very very very basic errors due to NO KNOWLEDGE of basic human learning.

Still waiting for your credentials in Psych and Linguistics.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
01-12-2015, 12:55 PM
Theist, Atheist, and Agnostics have always been demonstrably wrong.
Since we're discussing linguistics, I have to ask a few questions.

Are we limiting this to a certain language(s)?

If so, which one? Will this be agglutinating, isolating, etc? Trigger language perhaps?

Since you mentioned language and thought link, are you up to date on the Chomsky hypotheses or the Sapir-Whorf hypothesis? If so, they've been disproved. If you have any data that supports them, link me.
01-12-2015, 12:56 PM
(01-12-2015 12:55 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Since we're discussing linguistics, I have to ask a few questions.

If so, which one? Will this be agglutinating, isolating, etc? Trigger language perhaps?

Since you mentioned language and thought link, are you up to date on the Chomsky hypotheses or the Sapir-Whorf hypothesis? If so, they've been disproved. If you have any data that supports them, link me.

Would you call yourself a cunninglinguist?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 5 users Like Erxomai's post
01-12-2015, 01:03 PM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2015 01:06 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(01-12-2015 12:56 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(01-12-2015 12:55 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Since we're discussing linguistics, I have to ask a few questions.

Would you call yourself a cunninglinguist?

Have I told you how nice it is you're back here ?
Tongue

Hmmm ... 5 guests.
Same Apologetics class ? (DKR)

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
01-12-2015, 01:07 PM
(01-12-2015 01:03 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(01-12-2015 12:56 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Would you call yourself a cunninglinguist?

Have I told you how nice it is you're back here ?
Tongue

Hmmm ... 5 guests.
Same Apologetics class ? (DKR)

I don't believe you have. Weeping

~Izel
01-12-2015, 01:11 PM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2015 03:28 PM by Bucky Ball.)
BTW, this fallacious argument isn't really original. It's a form of the "universal forms" argument, theists make with respect to "ideal forms".
Normally (old) traditional Catholics use it and link it to Aquinas.
Edward Feser (Catholic / Thomist / Apologist ) uses it a LOT in his classes and books.

But the fact that forms are LEARNED, debunks the entire argument.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_Forms

[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
01-12-2015, 01:43 PM
Hey philosopher what's a god ?Thumbsup

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
[+] 2 users Like Leo's post
01-12-2015, 02:07 PM
(01-12-2015 01:43 PM)Leo Wrote:  Hey philosopher what's a god ?Thumbsup

An excuse to wank in public, apparently Dodgy

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post