Theist, Atheist, and Agnostics have always been demonstrably wrong.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-12-2015, 06:06 PM
RE: Theist, Atheist, and Agnostics have always been demonstrably wrong.
(01-12-2015 01:43 PM)Leo Wrote:  Hey philosopher what's a god ?Thumbsup

A piece of toast.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
01-12-2015, 06:25 PM
Big Grin,m
(01-12-2015 06:06 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(01-12-2015 01:43 PM)Leo Wrote:  Hey philosopher what's a god ?Thumbsup

A piece of toast.

The philosopher should answer my question. We can't have a serious discussion without this dude explaining to us in detail what's a god. Otherwise this thread will turn in to another last person to post wins thread. I want a coherent and complete explanation of a god.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
01-12-2015, 06:25 PM
I go away for a few hours and come back to find shredded faux philosopher. Can somebody loan me this excellent shredder? I'm making fish tacos for dinner tonight and I need it for the cabbage.

This is one of the best take downs I have had the pleasure to read in quite awhile. Laughat

You guys are good! Bowing
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
01-12-2015, 06:29 PM
(01-12-2015 11:56 AM)Philosopher8659 Wrote:  Duh, it means that every subject is defined in terms of its predicates and that the predicates are learned from perception. i.e.

Tom is a cat.

Or X is a cat.

Or God is a cat.

All are derived not by what you imagine a cat to be, but by direct experience.

Or in metaphor;

In the beginning was the Word and the word was with God and the Word was God.
Which is the same as

The first word in a sentence is defined by the material difference (with) and its form (is) when true.

Or in short, Language in accordance with the truth of things, (Confucius) determines that God is the principles of language functionally resident in a mind.

One only has to look at their own biology to see that we can never know the thing in itself, we have to craft it. And the way you people all jump to idiotic statements only demonstrate that you are as illiterate as an evangelist.

Factually it means that what may or may not be asserted or denied of anything is wholly determined by the definition of a thing, i.e. its predicates.

Or again, the principles of predication resolve to the naming convention, i.e. the indexing system which indexes analog material.

Or again, all proofs resolve to the naming convention, which I demonstrate thousands of times, and which you have seen others do, and other not do but claim it a proof.

If you cannot engage in the naming convention, that only indicates your inability to wield language.

What the hell are you talking about? All of your post are total BS.

DJ

Live Better...Help Often....Wonder More
01-12-2015, 06:48 PM
(01-12-2015 07:17 AM)Philosopher8659 Wrote:  Actually, God can be proven, however, it is not the God of mythology.

Every word in the Subject Naming Convention is defined by the Predicate Naming Convention, which itself is not defined it is learned by perception. see biological fact and the works of Plato.

Metaphor works then just like a mathematical equation. You take a word, say God, and define it through its predicates, i.e. only what is knowable, or again causality.

When you can do that, you find out that the Metaphors of the Judeo-Christian Scripture define God and does it in a provable manner. God is not a person, an anthropomorphic entity, but the only power a mind has, Linguistic Functionality.

That is why it is written in that text, and in several places, that it is sealed to man's understanding until a particular time in human history, and that those seals can only be loosened by a very specific key. That key is a linguistic puzzle.

See; Revelations 5.
Self-promoting video removed.
One can search YouTube for the demo, or the Internet Archive for different media. It is a demonstration in linguistics.

If language is, and it is, the only power a mind has, then man is provably made in the image of God, but what that means must follow the principles of language, not proto-language of current human usage.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
01-12-2015, 06:57 PM
(01-12-2015 07:17 AM)Philosopher8659 Wrote:  Actually, God can be proven, however, it is not the God of mythology.

Congratulations. Your Nobel prize will be mailed out shortly. The Pope is on line B.

Quote:If language is, and it is, the only power a mind has...

Ignoring the rest of your babble, this statement is patently false.
- Language is power.
- One power cannot be deliberately removed without the exercise of another power.
- I can pick up a heavy rock and crack your skull open. One side-effect of this will be a rather total and permanent lack of language on your behalf. Consider
- I have quite obviously not employed any language yet I have exerted power.

Language is simply a particular subset of action and thought preceeds all actions. That you miss this salient point while pretending to philosophy is damned funny.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post
01-12-2015, 07:06 PM
This guy has made such an epic word salad, I don't know if we have a bowl big enough to hold it.........I recommend he investigate, and participate in breatharianism......

Smartass

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
01-12-2015, 07:11 PM
1+1+1 = 3, there are 3 ones in that equation, God is 3 letters, there are 3 major Abrahamic religions(Islam, Christianty, Judaism), there are 3 sides to a triangle, God is Illuminati confirmed.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 5 users Like JDog554's post
01-12-2015, 07:26 PM
I read a book called In The Beginning and he was a creationist and devoted a chapter to proving that languages do not evolve! But in my 70 years of life I know of quite a few words that have changed.
01-12-2015, 08:07 PM
(01-12-2015 07:11 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  1+1+1 = 3, there are 3 ones in that equation, God is 3 letters, there are 3 major Abrahamic religions(Islam, Christianty, Judaism), there are 3 sides to a triangle, God is Illuminati confirmed.

I think you perfectly summed up the average kook-of-the-week that frequents this forum.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 3 users Like TheInquisition's post