Theist Looking For Atheist Debate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-06-2013, 08:07 PM

Theist Looking For Atheist Debate
Hello, everyone, I'm a theist interested in atheist vs theist debate.
Quote this message in a reply
17-06-2013, 08:13 PM
RE: Theist Looking For Atheist Debate
(17-06-2013 08:07 PM)David Lee Wrote:  Hello, everyone, I'm a theist interested in atheist vs theist debate.

Sure I'm bored why don't we start one in the boxing ring.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...evenant77x

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-06-2013, 09:09 PM

(17-06-2013 08:13 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(17-06-2013 08:07 PM)David Lee Wrote:  Hello, everyone, I'm a theist interested in atheist vs theist debate.

Sure I'm bored why don't we start one in the boxing ring.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...evenant77x

Awesom signiture.
18-06-2013, 12:50 PM
A theist , I think that you're Christian. What is your Christian denomination ?
18-06-2013, 01:34 PM

(18-06-2013 12:50 PM)viocjit Wrote:  A theist , I think that you're Christian. What is your Christian denomination ?

I have never and will never be a part of any organized religion. My thinking is most similar to, but not exactly like the Jehovah's Witnesses.
18-06-2013, 01:59 PM
(18-06-2013 01:34 PM)David Lee Wrote:  
(18-06-2013 12:50 PM)viocjit Wrote:  A theist , I think that you're Christian. What is your Christian denomination ?

I have never and will never be a part of any organized religion. My thinking is most similar to, but not exactly like the Jehovah's Witnesses.

Jehovah's Witnesses, you say? Big Grin

So from that I take it you probably follow the teachings of Jesus, but don't believe that he was god or part of a trinity? And don't believe in hell or souls going to heaven, but a bodily resurrection on earth? And you may also, for some reason, doubt that Jesus was crucified on a cross, even though that was the standard Roman execution for common criminals? And you might also be an old earth creationist as well?

Well guess what? It doesn't fucking matter what minor details you interpret differently because you have absolutely zero evidence to back up any reason why anyone should believe some random thousand year old myths; or any reason why, even if it could be shown that Jesus really did exist at all, that he was in any way divine or significant; and you also have little reason to even think that a deistic god is a more probable explanation for reality than simply physics.

I just hope you aren't a creationist and are in denial of the well established fact of evolution as well.

So, what have you got? You want a debate? Well then, fucking bring it. Drinking Beverage

"Humans always measure what they see in front of them to what they already know. They will deny anything outside of that. They are shallow lifeforms, so enthralled with superficial appearances that they fail to see the truth."
[+] 1 user Likes MrAttacus's post
18-06-2013, 03:07 PM
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...and-Theism Great place for debate, just post in a topic or somethin'.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
18-06-2013, 04:56 PM
Dude... why don't you just log into your "thetheist" username?

Yeah... not a real mystery...

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
18-06-2013, 05:32 PM

(18-06-2013 04:56 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Dude... why don't you just log into your "thetheist" username?

Yeah... not a real mystery...

Dude . . . I don't remember my password and my email address has changed since I have changed the domain name of my website. I have informed the forum of who I formerly posted as and if the moderators wish for me to post under that name, or to combine my old posts with this one that is fine. It's up to them.
18-06-2013, 05:55 PM
Quote:And you may also, for some reason, doubt that Jesus was crucified on a cross, even though that was the standard Roman execution for common criminals?

Not true, Crucifixion wasn't for common criminals, but rather for Insurrectionists of the Roman State. It was a punishment made to humiliate, and to be made an example of.

We actually talked about this in the TTA Skypecast episode 6.

Not to mention that Jesus (Yeshua) would have never really gotten a trial anyways.

Plus, Jesus wasn't hung with two ROBBERS. Robbers was a mistranslation, the real, accurate word in Greek meant Insurrectionists. Crucifixion was a an extreme punishment. This is even highlighted in the Bible, as he got flogged before he before crucified, which is rare.

He most likely got flogged (if he even existed) as the punishment, but then later on got crucified. Again, this is assuming the Bible is accurate.

Sorry to nitpick.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post